ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - T2 General - Covid 19 Vaccine from NHS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anub2016
Mood:

Re: ILR - T2 General

Post by anub2016 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:08 pm
You are overthinking. It is not relevant what your medical history is.
Many Thanks CR001. It would be a huge relief for a friend who has recently registered with the GP and was stressed about this.

Actually, all the articles and news about the Data Sharing between NHS and the Home Office must have triggered this Query.

Do you know if in general, Clinical Medical records are shared by the NHS with the Home Office as almost everyone is registered with a GP, irrespective of whether applying for ILR or not?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:26 pm

Unlikely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:49 pm

ILR - UKVCAS Appointment Availability

Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise on how easy is it with the new process (Sopra Steria) to book a Priority Appointment for the ILR application, especially when the window between becoming eligible for ILR and the visa expiring is small?

Many Thanks.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:58 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:49 pm
ILR - UKVCAS Appointment Availability

Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise on how easy is it with the new process (Sopra Steria) to book a Priority Appointment for the ILR application, especially when the window between becoming eligible for ILR and the visa expiring is small?

Many Thanks.
Could I request the Moderators/Experts to please advise on my query?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:02 pm

UKVCAS is a third party system. Appointments are available in short notice however you must pay for them
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:01 am

NARIC Certificates - 'Medium of Instruction' Letter

Hi,

For the purpose of obtaining the NARIC Certificates for ILR, I had requested a Medium of Instruction Letter from my college which is a Deemed University. The Letter has been granted on the college's Official Letter Headed paper and has been Signed by the Issuing Official (Assistant Registrar - Academic Research).

However, the Letter does not bear any Stamp (of the Issuing Official or the College).

Could the Moderators/Experts please advise if this Letter would be acceptable by NARIC? Has anyone been Successful in obtaining the NARIC Certificates without the MOI Letter bearing the Stamp / Seal?

My Letter, however, contains all the required details - Name, Roll No, Course Title and Title of Award, Date of Award, Confirmation that the qualification was taught in English.

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:00 am

We cannot give you advice on NARIC procedures. Contact NARIC and ask them
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

anub2016
Mood:

ILR - T2 General - LIUK Test

Post by anub2016 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi,

I had recently renewed my Passport and noticed that the Government has now started including the State alongside the Town/City of Birth in the 'Place of Birth' field such that the format is "<Town/City>, <State>".

My BRP for T2 General which was issued in 2016 only contains my Town/City of Birth in the 'Place of Birth' field as my previous Passport (used at the time of the visa application and now expired) only shows <Town/City of Birth> in the 'Place of Birth'.

If I use my BRP as the ID Document for booking the LIUK Test and populate only the Town/City of Birth in the 'Town / City of Birth' field on the form so that it exactly matches the details on the BRP, it would differ from my current valid Passport for the reason mentioned above (containing the additional <State> information in the Place of Birth).

Is this an issue for ILR because I will be using the details on my current Passport for the ILR Application which contains "<Town/City>, <State>" as the 'Place of Birth' and as such, would differ from the details registered on the LIUK Test Account?

Please could I request to advise.

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - T2 General - LIUK Test

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:03 am

This has no effect whatsoever

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:08 am

Many Thanks Zimba.

In order to avoid any confusion, is it advisable for a T2 General Migrant to use the Passport as the Identification Document for booking the LIUK Test as the website states the below (and I do have a valid BRP) -

"To book your test you will need:
* Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you do not have a valid BRP, you can use your passport. Other acceptable forms of photo ID"

If yes and if using the Passport in the LIUK Test does not cause any issues with the ILR Application, should I then include both "<Town/City>, <State>" in the 'Town / City of Birth' field on the form so that it exactly matches my Passport?

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:32 am

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:08 am
Many Thanks Zimba.

In order to avoid any confusion, is it advisable for a T2 General Migrant to use the Passport as the Identification Document for booking the LIUK Test as the website states the below (and I do have a valid BRP) -

"To book your test you will need:
* Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you do not have a valid BRP, you can use your passport. Other acceptable forms of photo ID"

If yes and if using the Passport in the LIUK Test does not cause any issues with the ILR Application, should I then include both "<Town/City>, <State>" in the 'Town / City of Birth' field on the form so that it exactly matches my Passport?
Could I request you to please advise if it is acceptable to use Passport as the Identification document even if the applicant has a valid BRP (which does not seem to align with the LIUK Website)?

What do most T2 General applicants use as the ID Document to book their LIUK Test?

And in that case, should I mention the full Place of Birth - <Town/City><State> - in the form as mentioned on my Passport?

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:03 am
This has no effect whatsoever

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 pm

Thanks for your time Zimba.

Apologies to be asking the same question. I appreciate that you have mentioned that this has no effect, but given my circumstances and for clarity, could I request you to please advise which ID Document - BRP or Passport - should I use to book my LIUK Test, based on any official guidance available in this regard and the one that is used by the majority of T2 General applicants?

Many Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:36 pm

anub2016 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:43 pm
Thanks for your time Zimba.

Apologies to be asking the same question. I appreciate that you have mentioned that this has no effect, but given my circumstances and for clarity, could I request you to please advise which ID Document - BRP or Passport - should I use to book my LIUK Test, based on any official guidance available in this regard and the one that is used by the majority of T2 General applicants?

Many Thanks.
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test

You can use any passport or BRP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 am

Thanks CULLINAN.

The LIUK website states the below -

To book your test you will need:
Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you do not have a valid BRP, you can use your passport.

Does this mean that the Passport should be used only when the BRP is not valid?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:51 am

anub2016 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 am
Thanks CULLINAN.

The LIUK website states the below -

To book your test you will need:
Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you do not have a valid BRP, you can use your passport.

Does this mean that the Passport should be used only when the BRP is not valid?

Many Thanks.
You really are overthinking this completely. You can use either, you can also use a drivers licence if you have one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anub2016
Mood:

ILR - T2 General - LIUK Test - Account Registration

Post by anub2016 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:11 pm

Hi,

Could the Moderators please advise on the below queries for registering a LIUK Test Account?
I am using my BRP to register the Account.

* Personal details - Do you have a Home Office reference number?
What should be populated in this field?

I have 'OUR REF' Number on my T2 General Visa Approval Letter, but it is in the format 'XXXXXX\NNNNNNN' (where X is an Alphabet and N is a Number) and does not seem to be acceptable, as it gives the following Error -

The Home Office reference normally starts with 1 to 3 letters followed by numbers, is no longer than 13 characters and not less than 7 characters

* Personal details - Town or city of birth
Should this be populated with the PLACE OF BIRTH on the BRP?

* Contact details - Address
Is a Proof of Address (such as a Bank Statement) required to be taken to the Test Centre?
Should the Address mentioned on the 'Contact Details' page match exactly as that on the Address Proof?

* Are these Details (including if one wants to populate the Home Office reference number later) editable once the Account has been Registered?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:31 am

Please do NOT post duplicate multiple identical questions/posts in other topics.

Wait for someone to advise on your question posted this morning in your own topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:38 am

* answers in order of as highlighted above.

1) It is the Home Office Case ID. Usually it is there on top of any official correspondence. Check is it an “if unknown” question.

2) Yes

3) Yes. Once you book and pay, you will be sent instructions in your email also.

4) Yes

5) I would imagine so that you can edit it before you hit the final pay button.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: ILR - T2 General - LIUK Test - Account Registration

Post by poper » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 am

anub2016 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:11 pm
Hi,

Could the Moderators please advise on the below queries for registering a LIUK Test Account?

I have 'OUR REF' Number on my T2 General Visa Approval Letter, but it is in the format 'XXXXXX\NNNNNNN' (where X is an Alphabet and N is a Number) and does not seem to be acceptable, as it gives the following Error -

The Home Office reference normally starts with 1 to 3 letters followed by numbers, is no longer than 13 characters and not less than 7 characters

Leave it blank if there is so much of a confusion. I believe this field is not mandatory to be filled

The details should match with the valid ID you are using for your LIUK test

Is a Proof of Address (such as a Bank Statement) required to be taken to the Test Centre?
Should the Address mentioned on the 'Contact Details' page match exactly as that on the Address Proof?

You are overthinking. No proof of address required as they have not asked for it

* Are these Details (including if one wants to populate the Home Office reference number later) editable once the Account has been Registered?
I believe so, until a couple of days before you take the test

Many Thanks.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:50 am

poper wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 am
You are overthinking. No proof of address required as they have not asked for it
I took my LIUK test in Sep 2018 and it was required then. Not sure if they have changed any rules now.

Then, the email confirmation I received had the following:

“One of the following with your name and postcode on it. From 1st January 2015 candidate proof of postcode cannot be any older than 3 months prior to the date of the test.

A water, gas or electricity bill
A council tax bill
A letter or document from the Home Office with your name and address on it
A UK driving licence
A bank statement/credit card statement”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:55 am

“ To book your test you will need:
Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). If you do not have a valid BRP, you can use your passport. Other acceptable forms of photo ID
Details of your address and postcode
A debit or credit card
Your email address
Details of any special requests you have”

At your test you will need to prove your identity. If you fail to do so you will not be able to take the test and will not get a refund.

https://www.lituktestbooking.co.uk/lituk-web/
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:56 am

anub2016 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:11 pm
Hi,

Many Thanks.
So I've just completed and passed my LIUK test 4 days ago. Here are the answers to your questions.

Do you have a Home Office reference number? - I put "No" as the answer and it had no bearing on anything whatsoever. I believe (I might be wrong though) this field is useful to populate if you are already filling in an ILR application or have submitted one without the LIUK completed at the time of application (for example if the test centres were shut due to COVID).

Town or city of birth - Ensure this is exactly as per the document you will use at the test centre. So exactly as it is on the passport or BRP, whichever you choose to use as your ID.

- I took a proof of address (bank statement) with me to the test just in case, but this was never asked for or checked for anyone. I prefer to err on the side of caution (especially for 1 piece of paper) but it is not necessary. Also best to make sure all the address details match up throughout.

Are these Details (including if one wants to populate the Home Office reference number later) editable once the Account has been Registered? - Some of the details are editable up to 1 day before your test. First name, nationality and date of birth are not editable.

anub2016
Mood:

Post by anub2016 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:39 am

Many Thanks for the responses.

I am inclined towards marking the Home Office Reference number question as NO, as the OUR REF on my T2 General visa letter is not being accepted by the Registration form.

I am just wondering if the Home Office Reference number is the same as BRP Number, although I appreciate that you marked that as NO on your LIUK Account?

I am not due for ILR until a few months from now, but I am trying to take the Test in advance. Is that acceptable? Does it have an Expiry Date?

Also, was the Bank Statement you carried Stamped and Signed by the Bank?

Finally, how is the Appointment availability looking now? Are all Centres open now? Also, how difficult was the Test and is practising the Test mock questions sufficient to pass?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:59 am

I am just wondering if the Home Office Reference number is the same as BRP Number, although I appreciate that you marked that as NO on your LIUK Account?

I am not due for ILR until a few months from now, but I am trying to take the Test in advance. Is that acceptable? Does it have an Expiry Date?
It really doesn't make a difference. It is not a crucial question. LIUK doesn't expire. You can do the test at any point.
Also, was the Bank Statement you carried Stamped and Signed by the Bank?
No.
Finally, how is the Appointment availability looking now? Are all Centres open now?
It depends on where you are based. Most of the centres are open.
Also, how difficult was the Test and is practising the Test mock questions sufficient to pass?
You need to read the official book at least once and then do practice test questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)