ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by srirav » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:59 pm

My application was lodged by my immigration consultant on 28th april. But they told they didnt get any communication yet from ukvcas. As per ukvcas they shd have told something by 4th july...isnt it?

Is there anyone who lodged their application untill 30th april n still hasnt received any communication regarding biometric re-use or appointment?

Gbvs2020
Newly Registered

Post by Gbvs2020 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Hi All,

I have registered on 06 April and I have not received any email from UKVCAS or UKVI. I’m not sure if they are even going to use my biometrics which I have given back in 2018. I see a lot of people who registered after me have received emails. Is anyone else in the same situation as I am?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Post by srirav » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:16 pm

Gbvs2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:13 pm
Hi All,

I have registered on 06 April and I have not received any email from UKVCAS or UKVI. I’m not sure if they are even going to use my biometrics which I have given back in 2018. I see a lot of people who registered after me have received emails. Is anyone else in the same situation as I am?

Thank you
My app too was lodged on 28th april....didnt get any communication at all :(

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:34 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:15 pm
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm
Hi guys,
I am about to submit my ILR application and unsure on whether to wait for a few more weeks for the premium service to reopen. I mean 6 months is a long time but there is no other option but the standard atm. Do you happen to have any information/idea on when the HO are looking to reopen their premium service at all? I have search on google and found no news/information.

I am getting increasingly nervous about the backlog of already existing applications.. I mean even if I were to apply today using the standard service how soon will I actually be visiting the UKVCAS for finger prints etc...
No guarantee on if or when super priority service will resume. UKVI may want to clear months of backlog before resuming. The best advise at this time would be I guess to take the plunge with what is available. I applied 2 months ago and was in same dilemma as you but then got advise from experienced and helpful people on this forum to go ahead and apply through standard service and all i can tell you now is I am glad i did so and did not wait any longer. It is entirely your decision and no one can suggest what to do as each individuals circumstances are different.
My Life in the UK test has now been rescheduled for 27/7. So I will get all the docs ready and apply as soon as I have my test certificate. As advices I will be using the standard service and hope for the best!
With regards to the documents.. if I apply using the standard service on 27/7 and all my payslips and statements as well as the letter from my company are dated 25/7 but I don’t receive an invitation from UKVCAS let’s say until 1/10 does it mean I will have to prepare all the paperwork dated 30 days before the actual appointment ie 1/10?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:34 pm
har_p3 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:15 pm
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:27 pm
Hi guys,
I am about to submit my ILR application and unsure on whether to wait for a few more weeks for the premium service to reopen. I mean 6 months is a long time but there is no other option but the standard atm. Do you happen to have any information/idea on when the HO are looking to reopen their premium service at all? I have search on google and found no news/information.

I am getting increasingly nervous about the backlog of already existing applications.. I mean even if I were to apply today using the standard service how soon will I actually be visiting the UKVCAS for finger prints etc...
No guarantee on if or when super priority service will resume. UKVI may want to clear months of backlog before resuming. The best advise at this time would be I guess to take the plunge with what is available. I applied 2 months ago and was in same dilemma as you but then got advise from experienced and helpful people on this forum to go ahead and apply through standard service and all i can tell you now is I am glad i did so and did not wait any longer. It is entirely your decision and no one can suggest what to do as each individuals circumstances are different.
My Life in the UK test has now been rescheduled for 27/7. So I will get all the docs ready and apply as soon as I have my test certificate. As advices I will be using the standard service and hope for the best!
With regards to the documents.. if I apply using the standard service on 27/7 and all my payslips and statements as well as the letter from my company are dated 25/7 but I don’t receive an invitation from UKVCAS let’s say until 1/10 does it mean I will have to prepare all the paperwork dated 30 days before the actual appointment ie 1/10?
No. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and is the relevant date for your supporting documents. It is not your ukcvas (third party agent) appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm

For the people who didn’t get any biometric reuse email from UKVCAS; Is your current visa or leave to remain has expired now after you submitted application (ILR, current visa extension, switch to another visa etc.) to UKVI and registered with UKVCAS?

Just trying to understand if they are sending biometric reuse email only to the ones whose current leave has expired now.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:21 pm

I am struggling to understand why home office is taking so long to develop the photo shooting app. They have this technology already in use for EU settlement scheme application since last year... what is the difficulty of copy and paste...why why why

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:06 pm
For the people who didn’t get any biometric reuse email from UKVCAS; Is your current visa or leave to remain has expired now after you submitted application (ILR, current visa extension, switch to another visa etc.) to UKVI and registered with UKVCAS?

Just trying to understand if they are sending biometric reuse email only to the ones whose current leave has expired now.
Don’t know about the others but my visa has expired in June and I’ve received the email.

srirav
Newly Registered
India

Post by srirav » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 pm

VikasMandal wrote:

Mine will expire in a week n still didnt get any mail :|

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 pm

@SIyer - what was your UKVI application date or registration date with UKVCAS?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:54 pm

SIyer wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm
VikasMandal wrote:

Don’t know about the others but my visa has expired in June and I’ve received the email.
what was your UKVI application date or registration date with UKVCAS?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:09 pm

srirav wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:34 pm
VikasMandal wrote:

Mine will expire in a week n still didnt get any mail :|
Might be the below criteria who got emails to reuse biometric:
Application submitted after 27th March 2020 &
Current visa/leave to remain expired before or on 4th Jul 2020 &
No appointment booked with UKVCAS so far

Above is just my assumption, hopefully you will get mail soon :)

Whizart

Post by Whizart » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:46 pm

VikasMandal wrote:

Mine has expired in May and I've received the email regarding reuse of biometrics.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:44 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:54 pm
SIyer wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:

what was your UKVI application date or registration date with UKVCAS?
Applied and registered on the 23rd of April, Set O.

Daided
Mexico

Post by Daided » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 am

SIyer wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:

Mine expired in June, but I haven't received any emails about reusing biometrics.
Mind you, I gave mine in 2015.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:16 am

Daided wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 am
SIyer wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:

Mine expired in June, but I haven't received any emails about reusing biometrics.
Mind you, I gave mine in 2015.
You will likely not qualify for the reuse of biomterics as yours was done to far back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ehd1202
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Ehd1202 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 am

Just to add to others, I just got an email saying they will resuse my biometrics. I last gave them in October 2017 and my visa expired on 4 May.

Do we think we will have to send in originals of any documents like passports, BRPs, etc with this new approach?

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 am

In my opinion, varies on case to case basis!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 am

Ehd1202 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 am
Just to add to others, I just got an email saying they will resuse my biometrics. I last gave them in October 2017 and my visa expired on 4 May.

Do we think we will have to send in originals of any documents like passports, BRPs, etc with this new approach?
Originals are NOT sent to UKCVI anymore. You either upload before biometrics or you are asked to email them to UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Gbvs2020
Newly Registered

Post by Gbvs2020 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 am

Ehd1202 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:09 am

When did you register in UKVCAS?

tbp

Post by tbp » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi all, I have been following the forums for a while as a guest and this topic especially since the UKVCAS centres closed. But decided to create an account so I can contribute as well regarding the current situation.

My application is for ILR and it is under Turkish Businessperson category. My current leave expires on April 2022. So I wanted to share my timeline about this period so that you can have a better idea of roughly what's been going on.

MY TIMELINE SO FAR:
UKVI Submission: 29.03.2020
UKVCAS Registration: 29.03.2020
Email from ECAA about possible delay: 01.06.2020
Biometric reuse email from UKVCAS: 03.07.2020

Last time biometrics given at UKVCAS: 19.03.2019

I am waiting for the new photo upload feature to be announced so that I can submit my photo as identification like everybody else who are identified by UKVI for the new policy of fingerprint reuse.

priasda85
Newly Registered
India

Post by priasda85 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi, just received an email from 'W&S Contingency Casework Document Return' for my dependant wife.But it doesn't confirm whether she has been shortlisted for biometric reuse or whether she should email or upload the documents or what is the next step.

We didn't upload any documents in UKVCAS site yet as was still waiting for the appointment, but have now started uploading the documents. One of the challenge is don't have a scanner at home so need to find a way to sign the third party consent form and scan the travel pages of her passport.

Application was submitted on 25th June 2020
Visa expired on 26th June 2020
Last Biometric was in June 2019

The email statement is below -

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.
As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.
As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience at this time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:55 pm

priasda85 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 pm
Hi, just received an email from 'W&S Contingency Casework Document Return' for my dependant wife.But it doesn't confirm whether she has been shortlisted for biometric reuse or whether she should email or upload the documents or what is the next step.

We didn't upload any documents in UKVCAS site yet as was still waiting for the appointment, but have now started uploading the documents. One of the challenge is don't have a scanner at home so need to find a way to sign the third party consent form and scan the travel pages of her passport.

Application was submitted on 25th June 2020
Visa expired on 26th June 2020
Last Biometric was in June 2019

The email statement is below -

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.
As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.
As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience at this time.
This is an automated generic email. You should wait for other emails (reuse biometrics OR booking an appointment OR sending documents).

P.S you can scan documents easily on your phone using some apps or built in scanners (if your phone has).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:59 pm

Priority visa processing service is a VISA SERVICE offered by UKVI. You choose this during application submission and right before the payment stage.

This is NOT related to the appointment booking services offered by UKVCAS or their operations.

Priority visa processing services are NOT offered by UKVI for now, possibly due to a large existing backlog of applications. You should continue with your application using the Standard service for now

Priority service many NOT resume anytime soon, so do NOT wait and apply if your visa is expiring :!: :!:

When you apply using the standard service, NO upgrade option is available to change your application to priority later :!:

If you already applied and you're looking to book your appointment with UKVCAS, here is the latest update from UKVCAS:
We are now opening up the booking system in date order to customers who registered with UKVCAS after the 27th March and on and before 30 April 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 4 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about next actions.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that certain customers will not need to attend a Service Point. UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment but to wait for an email which will give you further information and next steps.

We are continuing to invite customers by email that will definitely need to book an appointment at a Service Point.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Gbvs2020
Newly Registered

Post by Gbvs2020 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:37 pm

srirav wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:16 pm
Gbvs2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:13 pm
Hi All,

Thank you
My app too was lodged on 28th april....didnt get any communication at all :(
Hi have you received any email from them? I’m still waiting for my email either for reusing my bimetrics or new appointment invitation. UKVCAS has just updated again saying they will be now doing the May applications. I have applied in April, it’s concerning me now. Thanks