ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

m.asif

Applying for British Citizenship as spouse of BC

Post by m.asif » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi All,

I am asking this question on behalf of my wife.

She got her ILR a week ago on the basis of 10 years. I already have British citizenship.

Can she apply for BC straightaway or she has to wait for one year?

Thank you in Advance for your help.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British Citizenship as spouse of BC

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:09 pm

Can she apply for BC straightaway
Yes, if she meets all the requirements to apply based on 3 years residence, including the absence limit and being physically present in the UK exactly 3 years before the date she applies.
she has to wait for one year?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m.asif

Re: Applying for British Citizenship as spouse of BC

Post by m.asif » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:12 pm

Thank you CR001 for prompt response. Much appreciated.

m.asif

Naturalisation Application Queries

Post by m.asif » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:19 am

Hi All,

My wife is applying for naturalisation as spouse of British citizen. She has submitted the online form and now in the process of uploading documents. However she need to clarify below points.

1. To prove living in UK for 3 years she will need to upload her current and previous passports covering 3 years .Does she need to scan every page of her passports or pages having travel history?

2. Apart from her current and previous passports as proof of her 3 years living in UK does she need to provide any other documents such as P60, council tax etc. covering this period?

3. One of her referee is British citizen and accountant by profession. Second referee is European but not professional. Would that suffice? if not can she change her referee on her online application which is already submitted?

Thank you in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Application Queries

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:42 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:44 am

1. To prove living in UK for 3 years she will need to upload her current and previous passports covering 3 years .Does she need to scan every page of her passports or pages having travel history?
Yes, every page needs to be scanned. Citizenship has absence limits.
2. Apart from her current and previous passports as proof of her 3 years living in UK does she need to provide any other documents such as P60, council tax etc. covering this period?
No.
3. One of her referee is British citizen and accountant by profession. Second referee is European but not professional. Would that suffice? if not can she change her referee on her online application which is already submitted?
You cannot change the form once submitted. The EU citizen won't be accepted. One referee must be British and over 25 and does NOT have to be a professional. The other referee must be a professional listed on HOs list and can be if any nationality. Both must be of good character.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

m.asif

Post by m.asif » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:25 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for quick response.

3. Is there any way to add another referee which will be accepted or should we wait for HO to get back to us to provide another referee?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:32 am

m.asif wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:25 am
Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for quick response.

3. Is there any way to add another referee which will be accepted or should we wait for HO to get back to us to provide another referee?
If you still have not attended your biometrics, you can add a cover letter and provide details about another referee & get the referee declaration. Upload that with your documents.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.