ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

aussie working holiday visa into student visa.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jazzy29
Newly Registered

aussie working holiday visa into student visa.

Post by jazzy29 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:35 am

On an Australian passport, does anyone know if is it possible to go to the UK on a working Holiday visa, and then swap to a student visa? Can you stay in the country or do you have to leave the UK to apply for another type of visa? I have been accepted onto a masters course from Oct 2009 and want to go over to work and save money in pounds and settle myself a few months earlier. I have tried getting an answer from the office in Canberra but not having much luck. Any suggesstions appreciated.
My overall idea is to use the working holiday visa first, the student visa next and the post study or highly skilled migrants visa when my course ends. But not sure what the process is.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:38 am

When the WHV ends in November to be replaced with the Youth Mobility Scheme (Tier-5), it appears from the Border and Immigration Authority website that under the new scheme you will no longer be able to switch in the UK to any other immigration category. You will be able to confirm whether this will in fact be the case when the full rules are available.