ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jafersadeq

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Dear Members,
Please see the email:

https://ibb.co/7tyQ15K

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:42 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:11 pm
Dear Members,
Please see the email:

https://ibb.co/7tyQ15K
“Functionality to capture previous biometric will not be available until mid Aug.”; By reading this my personal understanding is, they have already informed to applicants whose biometric can be reused but will update it into their system by mid aug i.e. when this functionality is ready for business use. In that case applicants might not get decision atleast till mid Aug and anyways standard time for ILR is 6 months so they are within their standard time.
In the meantime they might start collecting the photos of such applicants before mid Aug

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello all!

Well, this is a simple question: Just applied today for an ILR, and referred to UKVCAS for an appointment.
As you know, there's no slots available now!

Question: Which of the following should I do:
1) Check every day the UKVCAS website to see if they have slots?
2) Email them?
3) Call them?
4) Wait *for them to email me*?

Thanks you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:21 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:16 pm
Hello all!

Well, this is a simple question: Just applied today for an ILR, and referred to UKVCAS for an appointment.
As you know, there's no slots available now!

Question: Which of the following should I do:
1) Enter every day to the UKVCAS website to see if they have slots?
2) Email them?
3) Call them?
4) Wait *for them to email me*?

Thanks you!
Answer: 4

Did you try to read the official website?

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 pm

Thanks!

I read this announcement, but it does not answer my question in an explicit and clear enough manner. Here are the questions raised when reading their announcement:

1- It is unclear what do people who registered after May need to do. Nothing is written about them.
2- It is unclear what the notion of "registration" mean. Do they mean that everyone who signed up to their service (i.e., using the sign-up page, entering an account name/email/password) is considered as "registered"?
3- It is not written that people who registered after May will get any email.

Thanks,
Gary

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 pm
Thanks!

I read this announcement, but it does not answer my question in an explicit and clear enough manner. Here are the questions raised when reading their announcement:

1- It is unclear what do people who registered after May need to do. Nothing is written about them.
2- It is unclear what the notion of "registration" mean. Do they mean that everyone who signed up to their service (i.e., using the sign-up page, entering an account name/email/password) is considered as "registered"?

Thanks,
Gary
They are dealing with applicants in the date order that they have applied. If they are only updated their website to include those who applied up x May 2020, then you simply need to wait until you are emailed or contacted to book an appointment or when you can see availability to book.

They won't tell those who registered after May what to do until they reach that point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Also: on Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

nothing is written about ILR applicants as far as I see.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm
Also: on Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for UK visa applicants and temporary UK residents https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Why would there be a specific item for ILR?? Your existing visa conditions continue until a decision is made, no risk of being an overstayer. The updates are for those with time limited visas (non ILR applicants) mainly, who are affected by the various different visa requirements usually required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm
Gary3000 wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks,
Gary
They are dealing with applicants in the date order that they have applied. If they are only updated their website to include those who applied up x May 2020, then you simply need to wait until you are emailed or contacted to book an appointment or when you can see availability to book.

They won't tell those who registered after May what to do until they reach that point.
Okay, thank you.

So I will wait for an email, or possibly should I check their website every day?

Thanks,
Gary

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:26 pm
Gary3000 wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks,
Gary

Okay, thank you.

So I will wait for an email, or possibly should I check their website every day?

Thanks,
Gary
Yes you can keep checking if you wish to. But you will likely be emailed or contacted. Just try to be patient. There are 1000s of applicants they are trying to accommodate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Gary3000
Belarus

Post by Gary3000 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm
Gary3000 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Why would there be a specific item for ILR?? Your existing visa conditions continue until a decision is made, no risk of being an overstayer. The updates are for those with time limited visas (non ILR applicants) mainly, who are affected by the various different visa requirements usually required.
Oh, really? This sounds good! I didn't know that, because my Tier-2 visa expires in Oct 20, so I thought maybe that is a problem. But now I understand that when I apply, the visa still holds!!

Thanks,
Gary

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Hello,

I received an email WandC@home... to submit my documents which I have done, in the same email, I asked if I still have to upload the documents to UKVCAS for which I have not received a response.

My assumption is UKVCAS will forward to UKVI , but in this case, since the documents have already been submitted to UKVI via email. Do I still need to upload the documents in UKVCAS site?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:40 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:40 pm
UKVCAS new update: 15 July 2020
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=56249
Nothing Major ☹️

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Nothing Major ☹️
They might update the other flash message sooner also. Usually I have noticed one updates after the other.

khd88
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by khd88 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:16 pm

If the cursed email about the functionality not being available before mid to late August, does anyone know if those of us cursed with this BIO reuse abomination can at least travel in the meantime??

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:22 pm

khd88 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:16 pm
If the cursed email about the functionality not being available before mid to late August, does anyone know if those of us cursed with this BIO reuse abomination can at least travel in the meantime??
No you can not travel. The date of application is the date you submit. Unfortunately you will have to wait.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Nothing Major ☹️
They might update the other flash message sooner also. Usually I have noticed one updates after the other.
Infact, few of those service points that were planned to open on 20th July earlier are moved foward

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:30 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:53 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Nothing Major ☹️
I think they were unable to increase their capacity. Some of the centers that they were planning to open on w/c 13 July are now planned to be opened on w/c 20th July. Hence, they did not update the other flash message. That's what I think!

tbp

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:04 pm

If they do not publish an update regarding biometric reuse this week, I will get really angry. I have been very frustrated already but this is outrageous. I understand all the issue around covid 19 and it was nobody's fault but the way UKVCAS and UKVI handled this -especially the latest developments around biometric reuse- is a complete mess and needs investigating.

It is like we are muted. We don't have a platform to get our voices heard. It is like a nightmare. I am really hoping some journalist or somebody will have a look into this so that it gets public's attention somehow. Otherwise we are just told to wait and it just makes my blood boil.

It is very vague for UKVCAS to say "few weeks" and telling us to keep checking their website. Why should we keep checking their website? Is it a news website that publishes an update hourly? No. The last update was on 7th of July. The timeline for biometric reuse is "few weeks". What a joke.

They should take responsibility and share a timeline or tell us at least when will be the next update, when they announce something. So we don't go onto their website and hope for the best.

Sorry for ranting but I needed to get all this off my chest. Can't keep positive for long. It is going to be 4 months soon since I submitted my application. I have plans, and compassionate reasons to travel soon and I am stuck. Although I have BRP which is valid until April 2022, I am not allowed to travel based on Article 34 of immigration rules. What a mess!

khd88
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by khd88 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Can anyone who has contacts for media outlets, government officials, whatever type of organisation or complaints email addresses or phone numbers so we can get the word out and start applying pressure? if we get organised and start mass messaging/calling whoever can do anything for us in this situation I think it may make a difference.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:00 pm

They really need to do something, such as allowing people to travel - who have applied. They want to take 6 months to process this, fine..... but they should allow people to leave and see families during this time. Or if that's not possible, speed the process up to account for the current climate and process applications in a week. I understand that the situation is unprecendented, but at the same time they have really ridiculous problems here like the only option being a '6 month waiting time' and in that time 'you cannot leave the country'... It doesn't make any sense.

I was applicable for ILR back at the start of April and we are not into mid July and I've still not applied, as I am waiting to get clarity on the current situation and potentially if some of the express services open up. I've been waiting 7 years to apply for this and I want to get back to my family in Australia at the end of the year, but at the momnet theres just no certainty as to when this is going to be - because of what appears to be really poor processes and a total lack of urgency.
Last edited by MrBarry465 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:05 pm

I got the email response from UKVCAS, regarding the timeline of "few weeks".

Here is the response:

"
Thank you for your enquiry.
Unfortunately, we cannot advise on this. Please visit the Home Office website on https://www.gov.uk/contact-uvki-inside-outside-uk and follow the instructions to find the phone number most relevant to help you with this issue.

Yours sincerely

UKVCAS Customer Services

This service is managed and provided by Sopra Steria.

Please do not reply to this email address; this email is not monitored. Please use the Contact Us page on https://www.UKVCAS.co.uk to make an enquiry.

"
The link shared is not valid.

The only possible way to get some attention is to communicate with the Homeoffice on their twitter account:
@ukhomeoffice

But this is not a democracy I guess where people are actually heard and understood equally. And the fear we all live that we may get judged adversely for expressing our views or raising questions... because the decision-makers have the upper hand.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:10 pm

It would have actually made more sense for them to pause any sort of application until they started reopening centres, isntead of just allowing this back log to 'pile up'. No doubt it was to keep the money coming.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:24 pm

MrBarry465 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:10 pm
It would have actually made more sense for them to pause any sort of application until they started reopening centres, isntead of just allowing this back log to 'pile up'. No doubt it was to keep the money coming.
So peoples visas expiring is not relevant then???

Remember also that many have applied for whatever even though they have months and months of visa left and applied simply because they are within the qualifying period, thereby exacerbating the backlog.

No one could have foresaw the complete effect of the pandemic, it's not like we have a global pandemic Evey couple of years to ensure contingency measures are in place.

They are trying to do the best they can, with less staff too. Remember the staff at ukvi and ukcvas are also human, with families and possible vulnerable family or at risk themselves etc.

People just need to look at this situation with a bit of perspective instead of getting on their blinkered self centred high horses.
Char (CR001 not Casa)