ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fendi
Bahamas

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by Fendi » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm

Exactly the same for me as above. No email confirmation after submission.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Fendi wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Exactly the same for me as above. No email confirmation after submission.
Even in normal circumstance, UKVCAS never sends a confirmation after documents submission i.e. biometrics appointment, so its normal.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:05 am

My appointment is booked for next week.
Yesterday appeared an option in my UKVCAS account to send the documents to UKVI. As I think my case is complete with 26 files I double checked everything and sent it over.
An notification appeared I successfully sent my documents, the remove button disappeared, but still able to upload more documents if needed.

I’m glad to bring this part to an end now just to give Biometrics next week.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Wondering if anyone has called and asked UKVCAS whether we should submit the documents or shall we wait for further communication to upload the facial image and then submit it.

By the way I was selected for biometric reuse and submitted my documents on Friday. Called them today and inquired about the submitting of documents and they said you did the right thing. Now wait for further communication re: facial image.

Wondering if anyone else has received a similar or rather different response regarding submitting documents?

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 am

I submitted application online on May 18th with 5 Tier 2 + 1 ILR. I submitted all complete documents on UKVCAS website on the same day. I received email from UKVCAS on June 4th saying I can reuse my biometric. No news for almost 2 weeks now. Assume they process my application so I will only need to wait for their decision ? If anyone hears again from UKVCAS, please share with us.

abhardwaj1390

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:38 pm

null1639 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 am
I submitted application online on May 18th with 5 Tier 2 + 1 ILR. I submitted all complete documents on UKVCAS website on the same day. I received email from UKVCAS on June 4th saying I can reuse my biometric. No news for almost 2 weeks now. Assume they process my application so I will only need to wait for their decision ? If anyone hears again from UKVCAS, please share with us.
No Decision, Unfortunately no one can answer at the moment. HO is behind with Reuse candidates.

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:18 am

blueskies89 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:52 pm
Wondering if anyone has called and asked UKVCAS whether we should submit the documents or shall we wait for further communication to upload the facial image and then submit it.

By the way I was selected for biometric reuse and submitted my documents on Friday. Called them today and inquired about the submitting of documents and they said you did the right thing. Now wait for further communication re: facial image.

Wondering if anyone else has received a similar or rather different response regarding submitting documents?
May I please ask you if you uploaded ane new documents in support of your application (like we applied online on the 1st April so all our docs were dated March, but now is July and I am thinking should we add let's say May and June payslips)?

We are in a situation similar to yours - received an email about biometrics re-use on 3rd July and now waiting for an email with instructions on how to submit facial image... Hope to receive it this week :D

I see that by submitting docs you give your consent for them being sent to UKVI, which is a good thing, but the first sentence after the "submission button" says submit before your appointment takes place, which is not the case for people from the biometric re-use category...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

DianaK91 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:18 am
blueskies89 wrote:

May I please ask you if you uploaded ane new documents in support of your application (like we applied online on the 1st April so all our docs were dated March, but now is July and I am thinking should we add let's say May and June payslips)?

We are in a situation similar to yours - received an email about biometrics re-use on 3rd July and now waiting for an email with instructions on how to submit facial image... Hope to receive it this week :D

I see that by submitting docs you give your consent for them being sent to UKVI, which is a good thing, but the first sentence after the "submission button" says submit before your appointment takes place, which is not the case for people from the biometric re-use category...
There's no need to provide any further documents once you have submitted your application - what counts is the date of application (submit/pay). You don't need to make up for any time after that date, unless you are specifically requested to do so (which is rare).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am
DianaK91 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:18 am
blueskies89 wrote:

There's no need to provide any further documents once you have submitted your application - what counts is the date of application (submit/pay). You don't need to make up for any time after that date unless you are specifically requested to do so (which is rare).
I agree with you, but just really trying to foresee any scenarios in order to avoid any further delays with the review and decision on the application...

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 pm

I haven’t supplied any new documents just submitted what I uploaded earlier when I applied for the Naturalisation.

Now waiting for the facial image/further communication on biometrics from UKVI/UKVCAS.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:39 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:04 pm

For those who applied in July: Can you see the option for submitting the documents to UKVI via the document upload section on UKVCAS?

I know someone who applied today 15/7/2020 but have NO option like this.

I am assuming this option maybe is only for applicants till June then??

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:04 am

A friend of mine applied on the 3rd of July - they do have the button allowing them to submit the documents

Liai
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Liai » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:08 pm

I submitted on the 6th of July and I was able to submit my uploaded documents yesterday.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:45 pm

Liai wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:08 pm
I submitted on the 6th of July and I was able to submit my uploaded documents yesterday.
Thanks

So you mean you applied on 6th but only got an option to submit yesterday OR you had the option since 6th?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:45 pm

londonent wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:04 am
A friend of mine applied on the 3rd of July - they do have the button allowing them to submit the documents
Thanks

Liai
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Liai » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:45 pm
Liai wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:08 pm
Thanks

So you mean you applied on 6th but only got an option to submit yesterday OR you had the option since 6th?
I didn’t see the option when I finished upload. I checked it yesterday after seeing link here saying documents can be submitted.

nartallo
Newly Registered

Post by nartallo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:55 am

I just completed the online application and made the payment. I hope I will not need to attend an appointment because a year ago I have submitted biometrics in my ILR application..

However I am confused what I should do next.

When I log in to my UKVCAS account (Created last year for my ILR) it doesn't ask me for my unique application number. As it doesn't I am unsure if I need to upload documents or not either. Future appointments are also not available for recently submitted applications.

Now will UKVCAS get to know about my application from UKVI and let me know if I need to attend or not?
Or else would I need to do anything to trigger UKVCAS to evaluate my status and decide whether or not needed to book a visit .
Thanks in advance.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Finally an update today.. they are now working through June Applications!! :D

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Raldoc
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raldoc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Anyone who applied in june 2020 recieved an email yet?

Naphtha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by Naphtha » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm

I did receive an email from UKVCAS saying that I can now book an appointment.

Has anyone managed to find a slot that is free of charge? I just find it outrageous that I cannot find any. It feels like UKVCAS is making money out of me with this coronavirus thing :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Naphtha wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Has anyone managed to find a slot that is free of charge? I just find it outrageous that I cannot find any. It feels like UKVCAS is making money out of me with this coronavirus thing :roll:
The UKCVAS fees have been in place since November 2018, it isn't anything new or anything to do with COVID. If there are no free appointments, it means they have all likely been booked already. Also depends how flexible you are with date and time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Naphtha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by Naphtha » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:53 pm
Naphtha wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm

The UKCVAS fees have been in place since November 2018, it isn't anything new or anything to do with COVID. If there are no free appointments, it means they have all likely been booked already. Also depends how flexible you are with date and time.
So do you think that there will be no appointments that are free of charge for a while?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:22 pm

It seems if you are amongst those that was told they wil reuse your biometric, you might have to wait a while till the process is concluded. I think if you are lucky enough to book biometric at least you know where you stand.

I applied ending of June and not gotten an email yet...