ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set(LR) no appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zaidii

ILR set(LR) no appointments

Post by Zaidii » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:14 am

Hi, I applied for my wife’s iLR under long residence on the 6-6-2020 her current leave expired on the 7-07-2020.
After submitting online application there has been no correspondence and haven’t Recieved any email requesting to book appointment for biomateic.

I can see they are making changes and people who have had previous applications might not need to do new biometrics.

Just wanted to see if this wait is normal and if anyone else is in similar situation.
Many thanks

Zaidi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR set(LR) no appointments

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 am

Many are waiting. The backlog of applicants is being dealt with first. There is an existing topic for this already.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1140.html

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Updated: 20 July 2020

We are opening the appointment booking system to even more customers. We have news about a new UKVI policy which may accelerate the application process.

Now open to customers who applied before 30 June 2020

We are now opening up the booking system to UKVCAS registered customers whose application we received between 1 June and 30 June 2020. We are continuing to work from the earliest to the most recent registrations as we think this is the fairest and best approach to take.

If you are one of these customers, you will receive an email from us before 23 July 2020 asking you to book an appointment. The email will have full instructions about the next steps.

Some customers within this date range will not be invited to book an appointment. See the impact of the new UKVI policy changes below.

Accelerating the application process

UK Visas and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) is working closely with UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) to tackle the significant demand for appointments in order to accelerate the application process.

UKVI is changing the way it processes applications in response to COVID-19 (see here). This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded in a previous application as part of the process to verify your identity. This will mean that some customers will not need to attend a Service Point.

UKVI are currently working to identify those customers that are eligible to use this new approach.

If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment. If you are one of these cases we will let you know by email – look out for the subject line ‘COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy’.

We are continuing to invite customers by email that will definitely need to book an appointment at a Service Point. See ‘Taking a phased approach in date order’ above.

Further details will be available over the next few weeks. If you have any questions, please check our website for the latest news.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.