ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tbp

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by tbp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 am

Yeah very frustrating. I applied on 29 March. Still waiting. They should just give us option to book appointment. Just give us a choice. So the people who wanted to book an appointment could book appointments and people who wanted to wait for biometric reuse, they could wait. Simples.

But no. Home Office knows the best.
shahkb wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:33 am
I applied ILR (M) on 12th April and BRP expired on 9th May.

All I got so far is Biometric reuse !

People who applied in June and who were given appointments option have their new BRP in hand now. This is just so not fair on people who applied way before them, I am not jealous and indeed happy for them.

Just trying to understand why such a mess caused by a government entity. Not fair that no justification was given.

Any clue or hint when this reuse of biometric will kick in ?

I have lost 2 stones coz of this 😆 my wife is having a hard time with my mood swings.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:14 am

I spoke to the UKVI call center today and they say they typically make an announcement at the start of the month , so we should hope for something next week hopefully. Hope it relates to the Biometrics .

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:20 am

My timeline:

Application type: ILR 10yrs route.
Application date: 23/04/2020
Biometric reuse email: 4th July.

Since then waiting and potentially lost 2 employers.
Still employed by old employer though.

Decided to use sopra vip service and got the earliest available date for 17th Aug.
Asked solicitors to book it, waiting for confirmation of booking.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am

Approximately how much does a VIP service cost?

tbp

Post by tbp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 am

No offence to you or anybody who would like to book VIP service as you have every right to book a paid service.

But, this, in my opinion is scandalous. Because even though you are picked for biometric reuse, UKVCAS basically can override UKVI's decision to offer vip biometric service.

But when you ask to be able to book appointment at UKVCAS service point, you are told that "the applicants for biometric reuse are identified by UKVI, and there is nothing UKVCAS can do."

Clearly, when you pay enough money, they can do it.

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 am

No offense again to anyone but this was purely my choice as they have not given any update on biometric reuse for 4 weeks now and I lost one employer and on verge od loosing another one.

The cost is around £3575 for mqin applicant where sopra will come to your location to take biometrics.

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:39 am

Will they clear all the backlogs & open priorty or will happen before -
All till july end submited on STD since we cant do priorty options & no upgrade wont be there also for all who done till now ?

Any Idea Guys ?
Many Thanks .

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 am

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 am
No offense again to anyone but this was purely my choice as they have not given any update on biometric reuse for 4 weeks now and I lost one employer and on verge od loosing another one.

The cost is around £3575 for mqin applicant where sopra will come to your location to take biometrics.
Do they give VIP appointments even if you are qualified for biometric reuse?

Paul99

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:48 am

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:39 am
Will they clear all the backlogs & open priorty or will happen before -
All till july end submited on STD since we cant do priorty options & no upgrade wont be there also for all who done till now ?

Any Idea Guys ?
Iam happy to move from STD to priority if options is provided any Chance (we know upgrade will not avl ) -For people who are in urgency they should think a path .
Many Thanks .

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am

ap1410 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:14 am
I spoke to the UKVI call center today and they say they typically make an announcement at the start of the month , so we should hope for something next week hopefully. Hope it relates to the Biometrics .
The beginning of the month is on Sat, and clearly, this is all a big pile of ... . And there is no guarantee there will be something real, considering that re-use email on3 July said "instructions will be sent in the next couple of weeks", we are at the end of week 4... quite more that couple!!!!! So unfair

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am

tbp wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 am
No offence to you or anybody who would like to book VIP service as you have every right to book a paid service.

But, this, in my opinion is scandalous. Because even though you are picked for biometric reuse, UKVCAS basically can override UKVI's decision to offer vip biometric service.

But when you ask to be able to book appointment at UKVCAS service point, you are told that "the applicants for biometric reuse are identified by UKVI, and there is nothing UKVCAS can do."

Clearly, when you pay enough money, they can do it.
VIP appointments are handled by seperate team and not someone coming from their existing regular biometric team leaving their regular appointments

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:52 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 am
kuultechy29 wrote:

Yes you can!

tbp

Post by tbp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:05 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am
VIP appointments are handled by seperate team and not someone coming from their existing regular biometric team leaving their regular appointments
That is not what I am talking about. I know it is a separate team. But it is still UKVCAS. What I am saying is, doesn't matter if you are identfied for biometric reuse or not, you can book VIP service.

But if you ask UKVCAS to be able to book a standard appointment, you are told to wait for announcements and there is nothing they can do.

If it is possible to book VIP service when you are identified for biometric reuse, then you should have a right to book standard appointment as well.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:52 am
VikasMandal wrote:
kuultechy29 wrote:

Yes you can!
May I know which category you are applying for?

debrancherenzym

Post by debrancherenzym » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am

My employer confirmed to me today after Home office Right to work checks that my visa has been automatically extended for 6 months

New visa expiry date is 23/01/2021

My visa expired on 17th of July 2020, I made an application for ILR SET(M) on 22nd June

I received the re-use email last week, don't know if a new BRP will be sent or I remain without a BRP

At least it tells me that application is in the pipeline but 6 month extension is a worrying prospect, hoping for the best.
Last edited by debrancherenzym on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:13 am

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:08 am
kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:52 am
VikasMandal wrote:
kuultechy29 wrote:

Yes you can!
May I know which category you are applying for?
10yrs Long Residence

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:14 am

tbp wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:05 am
VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:49 am
That is not what I am talking about. I know it is a separate team. But it is still UKVCAS. What I am saying is, doesn't matter if you are identfied for biometric reuse or not, you can book VIP service.

But if you ask UKVCAS to be able to book a standard appointment, you are told to wait for announcements and there is nothing they can do.

If it is possible to book VIP service when you are identified for biometric reuse, then you should have a right to book standard appointment as well.
May be instructions/agreement from/with UKVI on this

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am

Sopra Steria, the French private IT consultancy company was established in order to gain profit instead of serve the public. They will do whatever they can to ensure they grab as much profit as possible from us. Home Office has made a big mistake subcontracting a simple but essential public service to this private foreign company.

dsharma7
Newly Registered

Post by dsharma7 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:20 am
My timeline:

Decided to use sopra vip service and got the earliest available date for 17th Aug.

This option is not available to me for some reason. I tried changing the location as well but no dates are available.

I applied on 8th April and currently in Bio metric reuse category.

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Since most of us were working from home during the lockdown, not sure what UKVI and UKVCAS employees have done during that 2 month period when there was complete suspension of their services.
That was the time they could have worked on developing some future solution like biometric reuse etc. to overcome from present situation whereas they are working on it now leaving many into such a stressful situation

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:11 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:02 pm
Since most of us were working from home during the lockdown, not sure what UKVI and UKVCAS employees have done during that 2 month period when there was complete suspension of their services.
That was the time they could have worked on developing some future solution like biometric reuse etc. to overcome from present situation whereas they are working on it now leaving many into such a stressful situation
I said this at the time, they did absolutely nothing in that down time and are now left with a really shit situation....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:11 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
I said this at the time, they did absolutely nothing in that down time and are now left with a really shit situation....
They actually did plenty. They were dealing with the urgency of people stuck in the UK unable to travel back to home countries before their visas expired. They were working on repatriating 1000s of British citizens stuck abroad. Some/many were deployed to other departments to help there, such as HMRC/DWP etc for the 1000s of UC claims and furlough stuff resulting form the pandemic. In all of this, they limited teams were still emailing many applicants for documents to be sent through to start working on applications across the many immigration categories.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kuultechy29
Newly Registered
India

Post by kuultechy29 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 pm

dsharma7 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am
kuultechy29 wrote:
My timeline:

This option is not available to me for some reason. I tried changing the location as well but no dates are available.

You have to email sopra for this service. It is via my solicitors.

DianaK91
Newly Registered

Post by DianaK91 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:27 pm
Barry465 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:11 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
They actually did plenty. They were dealing with the urgency of people stuck in the UK unable to travel back to home countries before their visas expired. They were working on repatriating 1000s of British citizens stuck abroad. Some/many were deployed to other departments to help there, such as HMRC/DWP etc for the 1000s of UC claims and furlough stuff resulting form the pandemic. In all of this, they limited teams were still emailing many applicants for documents to be sent through to start working on applications across the many immigration categories.
Dear CR001, may I ask you please, if there is any guidance or good practice from Home Office/UKVI on redundancies during the COVID times, while applicants are in process, waiting for their ILR applications to be reviewed/decided, especially if they in the re-use group and no instructions have been provided on the next steps yet?

VikasMandal

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:52 pm

kuultechy29 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 pm
dsharma7 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am
kuultechy29 wrote:
My timeline:

You have to email sopra for this service. It is via my solicitors.
You can call UKVCAS as well and they will take your details and send a quote over email giving the earliest date available.
Once you are OK to proceed with the quote and do the payment (bank transfer) then they will book VIP appointment for you and send the automated email of appointment details and on your UKVCAS account you can see the appointment being booked