ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS IT TRUE??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

skiesowner

IS IT TRUE??

Post by skiesowner » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:10 pm

Worldwide immigration services wrote this"You may submit visit entry clearance applications in any country but applications for long-term entry clearances should be submitted in your country of nationality or your country of normal residence."
as I am resident in Italy and will marry in Poland and would like to apply there(PL)it seems that will be not possibile,is it truee :shock:

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: IS IT TRUE??

Post by 86ti » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:23 pm

skiesowner wrote:Worldwide immigration services wrote this"You may submit visit entry clearance applications in any country but applications for long-term entry clearances should be submitted in your country of nationality or your country of normal residence."
as I am resident in Italy and will marry in Poland and would like to apply there(PL)it seems that will be not possibile,is it truee :shock:
Didn't you say in a previous posting that you are Polish? So where's the problem?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Skiesowner...you're actually resident in the UK aren't you, as you're exercising your treaty rights here? As you're Polish and intend to marry in Poland there won't be a problem.

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

yes I am Polish resident in Uk,but when i posted before I was talking about my man who is Tunisian resident in Italy and he was reading an e-mail sent to him from worldwide immigration saying"You may submit visit entry clearance applications in any country but applications for long-term entry clearances should be submitted in your country of nationality or your country of normal residence." ....as he is resident in Italy and me in Uk can we apply for the EEA in the British ambassy in PL ?if what worldwide immigration wrote is true we will not manage to apply in PL!!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:05 pm

How do my family members apply for an EEA family permit? wrote:They can apply for the EEA Family Permit at any British mission overseas that offers a full service visa-issuing office. If they are applying for an EEA family permit from within the EEA, they will need to show that they are lawfully resident in an EEA member state.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:49 am

I will go crazy,a lot of contradictions in all that,mamma mia!!!!

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:15 am

Hi I also live in Italy and a friend of mine applied for her Moroccan husband's permit in Italy that is where you should apply as your husband has a resident permit in Italy which I'm sure he has his residency there to ....he should apply in Rome....you should include a copy of the Directie in with your request!!! In both english and Italian!!!

Good luck!!!

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:04 am

What a mess....but did her husband had the EEA permit??

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:53 am

As your future husband as a valid italian residence permit, he is entitled to travel visa free to the other schengen states of which Poland is part.

According to the following link section 21.4.1 your future husband will be able to apply in Poland for his EEA family permit.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapte ... four%20one

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:13 pm

Ok its not the big of a mess....irst yes he did eventually get his EEA permit and is now happily in the UK!

First of all you and your future husband have to get marriedd....from that moment on he has nearly the same rights as you...his EU national spouse!

When you marry...in Poland! Your husband can then return to Italy with marriage certificate, which will probably have to be translated...into English, then he should sumit his passport along with a copy of your passport his permesso di soggiorno and proof that you are actually exercising your treaty rights in the UK eg.....payslips???? Fill out the application form....not all of it because it is not all relevant to you so where it asks for bank statemens proof o tickets etc....write a short note explaining that you are applying under EU law!!!! Put in a copy of the Directive as safe measure! It is also free!!!! and they should process it within two weeks!!!

Anything you need to know just let me know!

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:18 pm

"ciaramc" I thank you a lot for your help and advice but what makes me get confused is what "flyboy" wrote and well documented,I mean that I can see no obstacles if I would like to apply in PL instead of Italy!!!!by the way I hope that the British embassy will not make stories when I will apply after some days of my future weeding,in the sense that they will not take out the story of convenience!!!!
"ciaramc" can you give me the link Directive?
(here is my msn last_romeo@hotmail.it)
I AM GREETFUL TO ALL OF YOU

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:31 pm

Here you go.....its true you probably do it all in Poland....but your husband does not have residence there or permit??? No? So you probably could do it all there.....but it would bbe easier in Italy as he is an habitual resident????
I will email you???
Here is the link ....
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 038:EN:NOT

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:47 pm

He will be considered legally resident in Poland as long as he abides to the condition of his stay in Poland, whether it be as a visitor or otherwise - in this instance having a polish residence permit is not applicable as would be the case for any other 3rd country national which is not married to an EU/EEA/CH citizen.
No need to go back to Italy to apply, unless of course you want to honeymoon in Italy and apply for the EEA family permit there, before moving onto the UK.

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Good advice that one: coming back to Italy would mean getting the marriage certificate translated, certified, legalised, stamped and all that nonsense. Apply from Poland, where the UK consulate will at least be able to read the certificate in Polish.

Just be prepared: they very probably will say it is a marriage of convenience. Include any proof that he is legally resident in Italy. Bear in mind however that even by being legally resdent in Italy, he still would not be able to go to the UK UNLESS he was married an EEA Citizen.

skiesowner

Post by skiesowner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:26 pm

richard you made me so afraid,we are together from 7 years and i wonder how can they say something like convenience!!!when you say something so scary at least show the reasons for that :(