ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ash8601
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by ash8601 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:28 pm

@CULLINAN
Nope. I still didn't receive decision , so in order to expedite my decision so that can get BRP at the earliest.
It's ICT Tier 2 extension

M555

Post by M555 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:30 pm

rk90470 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:14 pm
M555 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:15 pm
damWills1984 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm
@KlownKing

For IDV: You have to take photo of your travel document i.e. passport not BRP.
Not sure this is 100% correct.
When I uploaded via IDV app yesterday, yes I used my passport.
But there are actually multiple options you can choose before taking the picture.
(1) Passport
(2) Home Office Travel Document
(3) BRP
and 4 more options.
So you could upload BRP as long as you select (3).

I also encountered the same confusion and selected and used BRP option. There was a bit long description before the abbreviation of BRP. I am afraid it is not the same Tier 2 or any other visa BRP. (It might be some type of BRP issued to stateless or other people with complex circumstances to enable them to travel without a passport- just a guess).
If someone can share the options available , it will be more clear and helpful. Someone who is granted access to the IDV app but has not submitted biometrics yet can do it.
I submitted via IDV app and submitted BRP as travel document on 04/09/2020. No communication from UKVI to resubmit biometrics yet. Still undecided to book face to face appointment.
Even I've done the same thing, uploaded my BRP as a travel document for the IDV App. I'm not sure how long HO will take to review my application n if they ask me to come for an appointment later, it'll be another never ending waiting drama.
So, I've attended the appointment yesterday and waiting for the decision. BTW, I'm T2G, application dated 20th June and submitted my facial image on 28th Aug 20 on IDV App.
Thanks for sharing. I am also a Tier2 , 5 year route ILR applicant. Applied 03/07/2020. Detailed timeline in timeline thread. Please share if any new update. I have not yet decided to book a biometric appointment. Let’s see how long my patience lasts.😀

FarI90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FarI90 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:43 pm

Guggi wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm
Just received an UKVI Delay email. I believe it just a standard email. Submitted biometrics via IDV app.
Generic. Ignore.
I have noticed some people have received such email prior to biometric and some even after biometrics. has anyone received decision promptly after this generic email
I received this email on 3rd September at 3:58pm. Then I received an email at 8:34pm about being selected for biometrics reuse. I am sure it’s a generic email as I got the decision today.

@Cullinan

Looks like my IDV app application has been successful and in-person appointment didn’t do any favour. My pic on the gov.uk (right to work page) has remained the same as previous one, however the status is now appearing as “no limit on how long I can stay” as opposed to August 2021 that was appearing yesterday. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:54 pm

ash8601 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:28 pm
@CULLINAN
Nope. I still didn't receive decision , so in order to expedite my decision so that can get BRP at the earliest.
Usually its very hard to expedite your case before 6 months unless you have medical emergency or compassionate reasons. You will need to prove that. I am unaware where this particular visa type is processed. Maybe someone else can help providing you the address off their approval letter OR you need to search where the relevant visa type is processed. You may write to that address and test your luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 pm

Congratulations FarI90 🥳
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:11 pm

thanks Cullinan, one other thing even though the app says u need the application number to login, I am able to log in using the same details as website...is that the same for everyone or just me..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:11 pm

ash8601 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:28 pm
@CULLINAN
Tier 2
UK Visas and Immigration
Home Office.
PO Box 3468.
Sheffield.

You may want to use this address. Quote your Case ID/UAN. Cover Letter & evidence for compassionate reasons/emergency.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:13 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:11 pm
thanks Cullinan, one other thing even though the app says u need the application number to login, I am able to log in using the same details as website...is that the same for everyone or just me..
UAN is not needed to login. Same UKVCAS account details work for app also.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:16 pm

cheers, just says when u open the app u need UAN - misleading then ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:17 pm

n8net wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:16 pm
No one used UAN to log in. Ignore it.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:19 pm

FarI90 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:43 pm
Guggi wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm
Just received an UKVI Delay email. I believe it just a standard email. Submitted biometrics via IDV app.
Generic. Ignore.
I have noticed some people have received such email prior to biometric and some even after biometrics. has anyone received decision promptly after this generic email
I received this email on 3rd September at 3:58pm. Then I received an email at 8:34pm about being selected for biometrics reuse. I am sure it’s a generic email as I got the decision today.

@Cullinan

Looks like my IDV app application has been successful and in-person appointment didn’t do any favour. My pic on the gov.uk (right to work page) has remained the same as previous one, however the status is now appearing as “no limit on how long I can stay” as opposed to August 2021 that was appearing yesterday. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Good to hear ... congrats

ash8601
Newly Registered
India

Post by ash8601 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:20 pm

@CULLINAN
Thanks for the info. Will check.

ObiSort
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ObiSort » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:17 pm
n8net wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:16 pm
No one used UAN to log in. Ignore it.
I used UAN to login. This is because my solicitor used a single email for multiple applications. One of the reasons I only received invite last Friday and I applied in June.

ObiSort
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ObiSort » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 pm

I am not raising a victory flag just yet.

Applied in June with a solicitor for a Tier 2G. Been paining waiting on info from solicitor and UKVCAS. As most people have experienced applications by solicitors was complicated for ukvcas.

Solicitor was on holiday multiple times and did not quickly send info. Well, I contacted ukvcas who said “your solicitor should have been sent the info”, screenshot on twitter and sent, before they finally sent the login info for the app.

At the verge of loosing a job I was offered way back in May. (Still at my current job thankfully as both parties didn’t want the risk) I went for an appointment on Wednesday 9 sept and I think it may already have been approved. My day work permit on the gov website says sept 2023 as I only applied for 3 years. Current on expires June 2023.

Can’t raise a white flag yet. As luck would have it my solicitor is on holiday till next Tuesday. :)

lovely ride. Thanks everyone for moral support sharing your experience. And Cullinan. I’ll update. (Also a doc, so lengthy writing like some forum members. But no references). All the best guys!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:28 pm

ObiSort hope the solicitor informs you soon. Good luck 😁

gyanp

Post by gyanp » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Please advise if any biometric appointments are available.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:45 pm

gyanp wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:35 pm
Biometrics appointments are available.

Saminak82
Newly Registered

Post by Saminak82 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:45 pm
gyanp wrote:
Can anyone guide me about documents submission by post, my solicitor says we will post documents to UKVI and after submitting application to UKVI, how much time it take to receive email for biometric appointment eligibility?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:00 pm

Saminak82 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:45 pm
gyanp wrote:
Can anyone guide me about documents submission by post, my solicitor says we will post documents to UKVI and after submitting application to UKVI, how much time it take to receive email for biometric appointment eligibility?
You have to upload your documents to ukcvas portal. You cannot post documents to ukvi anymore unless you are specifically asked to do sobby a caseworker, which is not common.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Balrog
Newly Registered

Post by Balrog » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm

Can someone advise me on how long I have to submit docs via IDV app?

I applied on June 10.
Had to submit biometrics by August 12. No appointments were available to me.
Received email that I was picked for IDV and I didn't opt out believing I would get the app by August second week.
Received invite for app only on September 7. Now scrambling to upload (all is ready just cross checking everything).

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Balrog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 pm
Can someone advise me on how long I have to submit docs via IDV app?

I applied on June 10.
Had to submit biometrics by August 12. No appointments were available to me.
Received email that I was picked for IDV and I didn't opt out believing I would get the app by August second week.
Received invite for app only on September 7. Now scrambling to upload (all is ready just cross checking everything).

Thanks
You will be okay. Just submit soon at your convenience. You will not be penalised for missing the deadline.

Mcp788
Newly Registered

Post by Mcp788 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Hi,

What is this right to work thing some people have mentioned on this forum?will it indicate the ILR status If the decision is on its way ?

Thanks

M555

Post by M555 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:07 am

Mcp788 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:54 pm
Hi,

What is this right to work thing some people have mentioned on this forum?will it indicate the ILR status If the decision is on its way ?

Thanks
You can check your right to work on link below. It is updated immediately as your visa status changes even before you receive official confirmation or BRP.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:07 am

Mcp788 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:54 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Yes but for some it does not work. Your BRP should be valid to check.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

User3221
Algeria

Post by User3221 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:29 am

Do we get any email after submitting the documents and id check on idv app?
Mine only the submit bottom turn to grey !