ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to the UK in January 2021 with EEA PR (Article 10)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Return to the UK in January 2021 with EEA PR (Article 10)

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Hello

I just want to be 100% sure.

I am talking to a UK resident: non-EEA with an EEA Permanent Residence + EU Settlement Status (Settled). But the card in hand is the classic Article 10 PR (Family Member of a Union Citizen). The expiry date on the card is somewhere in 2022.

This person wants to travel abroad in December and come back to the UK in Mid-January.

Does this card allow a return to the UK in January 2021? I believe it does until June 2021. Is this correct?

kamoe

Re: Return to the UK in January 2021 with EEA PR (Article 10)

Post by kamoe » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm
Does this card allow a return to the UK in January 2021? I believe it does until June 2021. Is this correct?
As far as I have been able to gather, if used to apply to the EUSS, A EEA card is valid until its printed expiration date. See post here.

But that's just the theory and not a guarantee that there will be no issues at the UK border. The best bulletproof thing to do is have it converted to a EUSS residence card.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.