ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arethere
Newly Registered

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by arethere » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 am

Mr AAL wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:23 am
Hi,
Applied on 31 of August, still no email nothing, UKVCAS says applicants till 4 September should have been received email to book appointment.
What to do now?

Regards
You should DM them on twitter with your UAN and full name

China

Post by 917700 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 pm
Its good news that UKVCAS has reverted back to normal routine, IDV app is no more, but given the current situation and corona case spike, if things get worse, UKVCAS might have to use IDV app again. You never know. Hope things do not go towards a national lockdown again!!! :shock:
This is such a good news. Does this means the super priority service will resume?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:04 am

917700 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:54 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 pm
Its good news that UKVCAS has reverted back to normal routine, IDV app is no more, but given the current situation and corona case spike, if things get worse, UKVCAS might have to use IDV app again. You never know. Hope things do not go towards a national lockdown again!!! :shock:
This is such a good news. Does this means the super priority service will resume?
No one knows that as of yet.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Note; the IDV app was only introduced to meet the pend-up demand caused by Covid-19. UKVI are currently assessing how the IDV app will be used moving forward. Currently only Student T4 applications will use the IDV app.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.
Thanks for sharing the update @Cullinan
What does it mean for someone planning to apply (submit & pay) on Sunday 20 Sep. Shall I apply after 21st now?

If there is any slight chance of super priority opening, shall I wait few days to see if priority starts before submitting the application or I submit the application on 20th Sep & book appointment later ?

newuser79
Mood:

Post by newuser79 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 am

Hello Seniors,

Not sure if I should post here or on the Indefinite leave to remain topic. since its related to biometric appointments i am posting here. Apologies if i am incorrect here.

I applied for my ILR SET(O) with my 15 year old dependent on 31st August and received email 1 week ago to book appointment and I have already done it for Tuesday next week 22nd Sept .

My 19 yr old son ( dependent ) applied separately. He has still not received any email and the system doesnt let him book any appointment and IDV app doesnt work for him

I contacted UKVCAS today on Twitter through DM and I was told I will be allowed to book from the 21st Sept.

My queries:

Is it Ok for my son to attend a seperate appointment on his own or does he need to have the appointment at same place same time as me so that they can connect our applications. Kindly clarify. I am not sure if i have to cancel my appointment for next tuesday and book together with my son?

Sincerely,
newuser79

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 am

Cristina88 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Note; the IDV app was only introduced to meet the pend-up demand caused by Covid-19. UKVI are currently assessing how the IDV app will be used moving forward. Currently only Student T4 applications will use the IDV app.
If UKVCAS received your application on or after 5 September 2020, we are pleased to let you know that from 21 September, you will be able to book a UKVCAS appointment.
Thanks for sharing the update @Cullinan
What does it mean for someone planning to apply (submit & pay) on Sunday 20 Sep. Shall I apply after 21st now?

If there is any slight chance of super priority opening, shall I wait few days to see if priority starts before submitting the application or I submit the application on 20th Sep & book appointment later ?
No one can guarantee when super-priority will resume. That is your own personal choice to wait or not.
If you apply on 20th Sep, you will have to wait only 1 day before you can book an appointment on 21st Sep onwards. Or if you do not want to wait even 1 day, you can pay and submit on 21st Sep (obviously given what your personal circumstance is given your valid leave etc).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am

newuser79 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 am
Hello Seniors,

Not sure if I should post here or on the Indefinite leave to remain topic. since its related to biometric appointments i am posting here. Apologies if i am incorrect here.

I applied for my ILR SET(O) with my 15 year old dependent on 31st August and received email 1 week ago to book appointment and I have already done it for Tuesday next week 22nd Sept .

My 19 yr old son ( dependent ) applied separately. He has still not received any email and the system doesnt let him book any appointment and IDV app doesnt work for him

I contacted UKVCAS today on Twitter through DM and I was told I will be allowed to book from the 21st Sept.

My queries:

Is it Ok for my son to attend a seperate appointment on his own or does he need to have the appointment at same place same time as me so that they can connect our applications. Kindly clarify. I am not sure if i have to cancel my appointment for next tuesday and book together with my son?

Sincerely,
newuser79
He is 18+ and can book an appointment on his own. The best what you can do is maybe consider to cancel and look for free appointments for all (if possible). That may take another 1-2 weeks but may save you some money. Also note free appointments are based on availability.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 am

@newuser79

I fail to understand why UKVCAS claims that he can only book after 21st Sep. He applied on 31st Aug and should have received an email already. Have you double checked different centres??

Also, if you plan to cancel your own appointments, do that outside the 48 hour window.

newuser79
Mood:

Post by newuser79 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:30 am

Hello CULLINAN,

I tried all the centres nothing there. I will try to see on 21st if I can get an appointment for my son on 22nd along with me when they said I can book. If I cant find one then I may want to cancel mine and rebook with him. But problem is i will not have 48 hours cancellation window. Confused!

Thanks again !!

daenyt
Mood:

Post by daenyt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:18 am

Hi,

Would it be a an issue if a book a ticket to travel abroad while the visa is being processed, or would it only be an issue if I actually do travel on the ticket abroac while the visa is being processed.

Thank you

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 am

daenyt wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:18 am
Hi,

Would it be a an issue if a book a ticket to travel abroad while the visa is being processed, or would it only be an issue if I actually do travel on the ticket abroac while the visa is being processed.

Thank you
Your application will be considered as withdrawn if you leave the UK while your Visa application is still being processed.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 am

There is no formal announcement that priority or super priority services will resume on 21st September.

However there are strong rumours that these will resume on 1st October on the same date that IHS increase comes into effect.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:29 am

To all

ILR applicants who submitted facial image through IDV app on or before 27-Aug - if you don't get a decision by 6pm today, then:
  • Book an appointment at UKVCAS service centre AND
  • Write today to your local MP

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 am
There is no formal announcement that priority or super priority services will resume on 21st September.

However there are strong rumours that these will resume on 1st October on the same date that IHS increase comes into effect.
If let’s say priority opens on 1st oct, the ones who already made standard application but haven’t taken their biometrics yet, can they switch to priority application?
Thanks

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 am

Where are these rumours coming from?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:45 am

shohjura wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am

If let’s say priority opens on 1st oct, the ones who already made standard application but haven’t taken their biometrics yet, can they switch to priority application?
Thanks
No, there is no 'upgrade' option anymore. You would have to withdraw and apply and pay again. Refunds for a withdrawn application can take a few weeks. Note also that you can only do this if your visa has NOT expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:57 am

So before we all get ahead ourselves regarding the priority and super priority services resuming, I just rang the UKVI Coronavirus Immigration Helpline, and they said that there is no news for when it might return but there are definitely NO plans to bring it back this month. I only got told to keep an eye out on the gov.uk website for updates. Just thought I'd post it on here.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

daenyt
Mood:

Post by daenyt » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:25 am
daenyt wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Your application will be considered as withdrawn if you leave the UK while your Visa application is still being processed.
So booking a ticket is not an issue?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:02 am

daenyt wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am
daenyt wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
No one will know you have booked a ticket, it is irrelevant to your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ameline

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:05 am

daenyt wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 am
daenyt wrote:
Hi,

Thank you
Booking a ticket is definitely not an issue as you would not be travelling by booking one. You can book as many as you wish. Your application would only be withdrawn once you would actually leave the UK.

sean2606

Post by sean2606 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:23 am

Having sumbitted my wife's selfie/liveliness via the IDV app on 07/09 and still not having heard from UKVI (i know its still a bit too soon). I have deciced to book an appointment at our local UKVCAS. Managed to get a free appointment for 22/09. There are quite a few free appointments in Southampton if anyone is interested.

Surprisingly, when we had first received the app invite, i had checked the appointment dates and prices and there were no free ones right upto the end of September, but now there are quite a few free appointments.

mumofmini

Post by mumofmini » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:24 am

I have now submitted in person bio metrics also at the UKVCAS Bedford Point center (free appointment). I will update if this makes any difference and if I get decision in the next few days.

robinsingh28
Newly Registered

Post by robinsingh28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 am

Hi All,

Me and my family submitted the visa extension application on 15th April 2020 and still haven't received anything from home office or UKVCAS. We havent been able to book a biometric appointment as no slots are available.

We are currently on the 10 Year Family Route and then we will get the ILR.

It has been 5 months and we have not recieved any email regarding biometric or anything.

Is there anyone else in the same situation? Who has applied in April and still havent been contacted by Home Office or UKVCAS?

I am getting a bit worried to be honest because some people who applied way after me for example, I know someone who applied in July and they got their biometrics done and now waiting for the BRP's to arrive.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Kind Regards!
Robin

rose13
Newly Registered

Post by rose13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm

I am still waiting and waiting for my decision.
Applied on 1st of April, IDV done on 21st August and paid for a F2F appointment on 11th Sept.
I really don't know what else I can do. I just want this nightmare to over. :(

robinsingh28
Newly Registered

Post by robinsingh28 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:15 pm

rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm
I am still waiting and waiting for my decision.
Applied on 1st of April, IDV done on 21st August and paid for a F2F appointment on 11th Sept.
I really don't know what else I can do. I just want this nightmare to over. :(
You have done your biometrics? I haven't been contacted to do my biometrics yet. My solicitor keeps checking for available biometric appointments but it says "No Available Appointments" everywhere