ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I proceed with solicitor or not ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raghda
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Ireland Student Visa

Post by Raghda » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi all,I have secured admission to Griffith College in MSC Accounting and unfortunately, I received a refusal letter today specifying the following two reasons:1. CP: Need to undertake the course in this state not demonstrated or warranted
2. F: Finances shown have been deemed insufficient
I have submitted the following main documents (among others) for visa processing:
1. Last 6 months Bank statement with the amount of 10k Euro. The total required amount was 7K Euro. This amount was saved gradually through my monthly salary
2. Evidence of full payment to the University - This amount was paid by my cousin, however, no evidence was required for the sponsor for this amount.3. SOP explaining the study gaps and why I want to study in Ireland.
My course is starting on 12th October'20, however, due to COVID, I can take this course online till December'20.
Can you please advise what should I write in my appeal to address the concerns raised by the visa officer? And what changes/additional documents do I need to submit?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Ireland Student Visa

Post by Vorona » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Appeal the decision and explain in details why you need to take this course, for example it could be your future job or existing employment, career choice, etc. Explain as much as you can in the cover letter. Provide extra evidence of similar work experience in accounting, reference from employer will be great too.

As for the second reason, this is strange. 10 000 euro is above the requirement for most students. Have you provided English version or a translation for your bank statement? They might have missed it, provide a copy of the same statement and explain that it was provided with the application. Add another letter from your cousin confirming it was them who paid for the course and the copy of their bank statement/employment letter confirming source of funds.

Xainrind
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Xainrind » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Raghda wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Hi all,I have secured admission to Griffith College in MSC Accounting and unfortunately, I received a refusal letter today specifying the following two reasons:1. CP: Need to undertake the course in this state not demonstrated or warranted
I have submitted the following main documents (among others) for visa processing:
1. Last 6 months Bank statement with the amount of 10k Euro. The total required amount was 7K Euro. This amount was saved gradually through my monthly salary
2. Evidence of full payment to the University - This amount was paid by my cousin, however, no evidence was required for the sponsor for this amount.3. SOP explaining the study gaps and why I want to study in Ireland.
My course is starting on 12th October'20, however, due to COVID, I can take this course online till December'20.
Can you please advise what should I write in my appeal to address the concerns raised by the visa officer? And what changes/additional documents do I need to submit?
When did you apply for visa? And from where? They are refusing all student visa especially for pakistani students. Mine got refused as well. I did appeal now fingers crossed

Raghda
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Raghda » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 am

Hi, sad to hear that, I have applied through vfs Abu Dhabi on 6th September.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:37 am

Xainrind wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 pm
They are refusing all student visa especially for pakistani students. Mine got refused as well. I did appeal now fingers crossed
Not true at all. Just because you got refused, don't lie to everyone else.

Xainrind
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Xainrind » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 am

Idont need to lie. I could be wrong but those who applied and I know all got refused all same reasons. If you know anyone who got approved This year let us know please

Raghda
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Raghda » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:54 am

It’s not true, many students are getting approvals.
Please granista advise something for appeal.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 pm

We have at least two dozens of Pakistani students coming to TCD and TUDublin - these are just the ones I know of. Saying that everyone was refused is simply not true.

As for your reasons for refusal, they are kind of the same reasons that we normally see for student visas.

1. The need to undertake the course.

You must show that you have a genuine reason to undertake the course, and that you genuinely want to come to Ireland for the sole purpose of study.

This is particularly important if you have already started working. One would definitely ask why you want to return to college, especially in a different country, if you have already got a decent job in your own country and you have savings comfortably.

I would feel suspicious when you say that you saved ten grand through your employment, only to spend all of that in less than a year. You must give reasons: for example, you want to broaden your perspective; you are not satisfied with your current job sector; you want to challenge yourself; you have too much money to spare so you just want to take a year off your career etc. Most international students will just say these are their parents' savings; that they are advancing their further studies based on what they are interested; and that they will return to their country once they graduate.

2. Finance.
You have to demonstrate that you (or your parents) own the money. If someone else is sponsoring you, you must show that they have given you consent that they will be your sponsor, and that they have sufficient money to cover themselves.

You said your cousin paid for your college fee, so you have to show that your cousin is willing to pay for that, and that you cousin paid for your fee through legitimate means by showing your cousin's bank statements, payrolls, employment letter etc. Otherwise, how would I know that your cousin didn't just share the same money with your parents, and that he wouldn't be broke after paying your fees?

These requirements are clearly listed on the student visa section of the INIS website.

A much simpler way would be to use an education bond. It will make sure that your funds are saved to a certified banking society in Ireland and that you won't be able to take the money out until you are in Ireland (or if your visa is refused).

Raghda
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Do I proceed with solicitor or not ?

Post by Raghda » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 am

Can you please advise what should I proceed with solicitor ?
Or if someone knows any good lawyer or consultant who can file my appeal.
TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I proceed with solicitor or not ?

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:23 am

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raghda
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Raghda » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:56 am

I need to know as I’m planning for appeal so should I proceed with any solicitor or any consultant or I can address the issues myself and apply the appeal ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:49 am

You can address the issue by yourself if you are confident with your level of English and clear about the immigration regulations.

The list of required documents is readily available on INIS website and should be on your local embassy's website too. There are templates online on how to address these common visa refusal reasons. You need a clear and concise cover letter to explain your situation.

If you are not able to do this confidently, for sure contact an immigration solicitor.

This site does not allow users to post any information about third-parties including solicitors. You should do your own homework - I would say that it makes more sense to get a solicitor in your own country, who has more experience in dealing with the common refusal reasons in your country. Alternatively, find a solicitor in Ireland who has connections to your country.

Xainrind
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Xainrind » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 am

Raghda wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:56 am
I need to know as I’m planning for appeal so should I proceed with any solicitor or any consultant or I can address the issues myself and apply the appeal ?
Any update? Did you appeal?