ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm

@ajitu92
They couldn't even be bothered to check all the documents I uploaded to start with and just started asking for all the documents on the checklist one by one and scanning them, even though I had made it clear that I had already uploaded everything several times.
This is very weird of them.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by mesn » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:55 pm

Hi Folks,

Anyone who has access to the booking system, when is the earliest available Bio slot around London, please? Are premium lounge/ next day/ out of hours etc slots available sooner?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:45 pm
@ajitu92
They couldn't even be bothered to check all the documents I uploaded to start with and just started asking for all the documents on the checklist one by one and scanning them, even though I had made it clear that I had already uploaded everything several times.
Also because when I went for my appointment I had uploaded 43 documents and the guy didn't check all of them,
BTW why did you upload 43 documents?! SET(LR) has very minimum documents required. Maybe 4/5 files only :shock:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

TuM1010
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by TuM1010 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:22 am
Morning guys,

Wanted to share my experience.

Applied for my ILR (Set (o) Tier 2, 5 year route) On 27/7. Went for my biometrics appointment on 09/09 in London. I have never used the app and opted out of re-use of biometrics at the beginning of August.
Last night, I was playing round on the UKVI website looking for a way to contact the HO. Even though I applied from within the UK, i managed to send an enquiry to the HO using the option of "applied from outside the uk" asking to look into my case. You have to pay £5.95 to send a request.

This morning i received my decision email from Atlas and the right to work page was updated almost immediately. I don't know if my paid enquiry played a part but it may have done so.
Congrats! Just wondering if yoy received any other comminications after contacting UKVI? Or did you simply asked to look into your case and got appoval the next day? Thanks

pierre0625
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by pierre0625 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 pm

ksrangal wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:25 am
Hello,

I have install UKVCAS IDV APP and when I try to login it says "This account has no cases enabled for Mobile Access".

Recently, I have filled in MN1 application form for my daughter to register her as British Citizen. However, there are not appointment available via Sopra Streia account.

Please suggest what I'm suppose do further ?

Cheers!!!
Hello!i received an invitation using the app,i applied using the app and submitted day after i cannot open the app it's always error saying that theres no mobile cases..i dont know if i need to get a personal biometric appointment.

QSDanik
Mood:

Post by QSDanik » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 pm

Still waiting for decision
ILR (Set O) rout 5 year Tier 1 Enterprises
Applied on 28 April 2020
Used IDV app on 28 August 2020
No any response from UKVI

I have not seen any TIer 1 Enterprenure for ILR , is there any idea how long it gona take ?
thankyou
regards
QSDanik

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm

pierre0625 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello!i received an invitation using the app,i applied using the app and submitted day after i cannot open the app it's always error saying that theres no mobile cases..i dont know if i need to get a personal biometric appointment.
Does your phone support the app?

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

Page 23

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 pm

QSDanik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 pm
Applied on 28 April 2020

I have not seen any TIer 1 Enterprenure for ILR , is there any idea how long it gona take ?
thankyou
regards
QSDanik
Tier 1 Ent is a complex route. Pre-covid majority received decisions within 6 months. I got mine in 4 months. If it goes past 6 months - there is a possibility of an interview.

QSDanik
Mood:

Post by QSDanik » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 pm
QSDanik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 pm
Applied on 28 April 2020

thankyou
regards
QSDanik
Tier 1 Ent is a complex route. Pre-covid majority received decisions within 6 months. I got mine in 4 months. If it goes past 6 months - there is a possibility of an interview.
Thankyou Cullinan,
I am reading others comments, I was thinking to book biometric appointment even if i have used IDV. Do you think it help or not ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 pm

QSDanik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:01 pm
Thankyou Cullinan,
I am reading others comments, I was thinking to book biometric appointment even if i have used IDV. Do you think it help or not ?
You can test your luck via dual submission. There is no guarantee it would speed up the decision but there is no harm. You may consider it.

awesomeagni
Mood:

Post by awesomeagni » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Attended biometric appointment yesterday (24/09/2020 @ 12:30 PM).

It went through fine - took 15 minutes tops as all my docs were uploaded on UKVCAS site.

So it was just the fingerprints and photo that was taken apart from scanning the passport once on their reader.

Awaiting decision letter now.

All the best everyone.

Thanks.

zizcoul
Newly Registered

Post by zizcoul » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@ajitu92
Also because when I went for my appointment I had uploaded 43 documents and the guy didn't check all of them,
BTW why did you upload 43 documents?! SET(LR) has very minimum documents required. Maybe 4/5 files only :shock:
I submitted 80+ documents for ILR (LR) based on the lawyers of my Big4 company. I knew that it was over the top but I had to do it.
These documents included proof of address every 2 months for all these 10 years, proof of relationship, letter of support from employer etc. (as I changed from Tier 4, to PSW, to Tier 2 and finally to spouse) ... anyway I have now been waiting for 3 weeks after IDV submission and I don't think this large amount of documents would help, instead it would slow down as the case worker will have to do more checks.
Good luck to All!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:58 pm

zizcoul wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@ajitu92
I submitted 80+ documents for ILR (LR) based on the lawyers of my Big4 company. I knew that it was over the top but I had to do it.
These documents included proof of address every 2 months for all these 10 years, proof of relationship, letter of support from employer etc. (as I changed from Tier 4, to PSW, to Tier 2 and finally to spouse) ... anyway I have now been waiting for 3 weeks after IDV submission and I don't think this large amount of documents would help, instead it would slow down as the case worker will have to do more checks.
Good luck to All!!!
All unnecessary documents. For SET(LR) only Passport(s), BRP, LIUK, English Test/UK Degree are needed. Big4? :shock:

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:05 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:58 pm
zizcoul wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@ajitu92

Good luck to All!!!
All unnecessary documents. For SET(LR) only Passport(s), BRP, LIUK, English Test/UK Degree are needed. Big4? :shock:
It was very weird of them indeed. I know that Set LR has minimal mandatory document requirements, but the 43 documents was just me erring on the side of caution. So I would rather include all the documents in the checklist (though it is generic, I know) and the caseworker not need them, than the caseworker looking for them and not finding them. If they don't need them, it won't matter. All the passports, BRP, LIUK and UK degree were in, and I added a note in the cover letter stating why I included the other documents.
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

shohjura

Post by shohjura » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 am

Hi guys,
Just submitted my bio at croydon. Is there any link we can check the status of our application (there used to be one before)? Also, I didn’t get any acknowledgement from home office yet apart from booking confirmation-is this normal?
Thanks
TuM1010 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Maddy_1992 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:22 am
Morning guys,

Wanted to share my experience.

Applied for my ILR (Set (o) Tier 2, 5 year route) On 27/7. Went for my biometrics appointment on 09/09 in London. I have never used the app and opted out of re-use of biometrics at the beginning of August.
Last night, I was playing round on the UKVI website looking for a way to contact the HO. Even though I applied from within the UK, i managed to send an enquiry to the HO using the option of "applied from outside the uk" asking to look into my case. You have to pay £5.95 to send a request.

This morning i received my decision email from Atlas and the right to work page was updated almost immediately. I don't know if my paid enquiry played a part but it may have done so.
Congrats! Just wondering if yoy received any other comminications after contacting UKVI? Or did you simply asked to look into your case and got appoval the next day? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:08 am

shohjura wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 am
Hi guys,
Just submitted my bio at croydon. Is there any link we can check the status of our application (there used to be one before)? Also, I didn’t get any acknowledgement from home office yet apart from booking confirmation-is this normal?
Thanks
1. No there is no tracking link anymore, hasn't been for at least a couple of years.

2. Normal, many don't get an acknowledgment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:14 am

awesomeagni wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:28 pm
Hi Guys,

Attended biometric appointment yesterday (24/09/2020 @ 12:30 PM).

It went through fine - took 15 minutes tops as all my docs were uploaded on UKVCAS site.

So it was just the fingerprints and photo that was taken apart from scanning the passport once on their reader.

Awaiting decision letter now.

All the best everyone.

Thanks.
Similiar experience with me. Just back home from the biometric appointment (25/09/2020 @8:00 am). Took about 10-15 minutes as I pre-uploaded docs to UKVCAS. They told me the docs were all good.

Fingerprints and photo were taken, and they scanned the appointment confirmation letter (I guess it's just to check the QR code) and my current passport on their reader.

Hope to get a decision soon - finger crossed!

Good luck everyone!

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:56 pm
hithlum wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:15 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 pm
UKVI have told us that they aim to deal with ALL applications in date order

That is not true I think, the random order of decisions speaks volumes
Two of my colleagues got their decisions and cards before me but they sent their application after me. Our applications are similar even regarding the salary.
I went for dual submissions like them and I am still waiting. I am pretty sure that they are not picking the applications from a queue. Possibly there is a pool of applications that they are choosing from randomly.
I agree, I think it's random. However, I am keeping records of application approvals (only the ones which were shared in this forum) since 10/09/2020 and doing some stats and they seem to be starting from August and then the focus was back to March/April/May/June July recently as follows:

SET (O) is definitely quicker to process than SET(M) generally.
10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th of Sep They were mainly dealing with August applications either SET(O) or SET(M). So August applicants overall were the luckiest with few exceptions of course.

15th and 16th Sep Applications approved were from June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M).

17th and 18th Applications approved were from April, June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M)

19th and 20th Sep (weekend) Applications approved were from June, July and September for only for SET(O).

21st, 22nd and 23rd of Sep Applications approved were from March, April and May for SET(M) and April, June & July for SET(O).

Today 24th Sep Only SET(O) applications From July, August and September.

I am a Set(M) 04/09 applicant, I just feel that I am now being put in a long queue. For your case hithlum I think your decision email might be imminent as you applied on 25/08 and they seem to be done with March, April, May and probably June applications for SET(O). Hope this helps.

Hi,

I submitted my application on 22/06/2020 & Bio-metric submitted on 22/08/2020. Still i have not got any decision on my application. Case worker asked few documents with my employer on 25/08/2020 which my employer provided on the day itself but no reply afterwards. I followed with them twice but no reply at all. Some of my friends who applied after me got the decision . Could some one suggest me how i can push them or any idea when they will take decision ? I have been furloughed from April and missing opportunity because of this is really frustrating.

hithlum
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by hithlum » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 am

Mur wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 am
Ameline wrote:
hithlum wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Two of my colleagues got their decisions and cards before me but they sent their application after me. Our applications are similar even regarding the salary.
I went for dual submissions like them and I am still waiting. I am pretty sure that they are not picking the applications from a queue. Possibly there is a pool of applications that they are choosing from randomly.
I agree, I think it's random. However, I am keeping records of application approvals (only the ones which were shared in this forum) since 10/09/2020 and doing some stats and they seem to be starting from August and then the focus was back to March/April/May/June July recently as follows:

10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th of Sep They were mainly dealing with August applications either SET(O) or SET(M). So August applicants overall were the luckiest with few exceptions of course.

15th and 16th Sep Applications approved were from June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M).

17th and 18th Applications approved were from April, June, July and August for both SET(O) and SET(M)

19th and 20th Sep (weekend) Applications approved were from June, July and September for only for SET(O).

21st, 22nd and 23rd of Sep Applications approved were from March, April and May for SET(M) and April, June & July for SET(O).

I am a Set(M) 04/09 applicant, I just feel that I am now being put in a long queue. For your case hithlum I think your decision email might be imminent as you applied on 25/08 and they seem to be done with March, April, May and probably June applications for SET(O). Hope this helps.

Hi,

I submitted my application on 22/06/2020 & Bio-metric submitted on 22/08/2020. Still i have not got any decision on my application. Case worker asked few documents with my employer on 25/08/2020 which my employer provided on the day itself but no reply afterwards. I followed with them twice but no reply at all. Some of my friends who applied after me got the decision . Could some one suggest me how i can push them or any idea when they will take decision ? I have been furloughed from April and missing opportunity because of this is really frustrating.
This is the contact point that I've found for ILR
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... -to-remain

Mur

Post by Mur » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:37 am

hithlum wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 am
Mur wrote:
Ameline wrote:
hithlum wrote:

Hi,

I called them and they said they don't have access to see application status. They advised me to follow up with case worker which also i did but no reply. My application is straight forward Tier 2 Set (o) 5 years . I dont know why they are taking ages to conclude. Do you think it is because of furlough ? It is really hard these guys who works in home office to predict . Some of my friends who furloughed with me got decision.

Fahadnari
Mood:
India

Post by Fahadnari » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:39 am

This contact point is pretty useless. I called them if there was way to request for urgent decision as I need to apply for dependents visa extension. They were not very helpful and they just read out the stuff from gov.uk. Better to play the waiting game

ben2019
Newly Registered

Post by ben2019 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:42 am

Mur wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:37 am
hithlum wrote:
Mur wrote:
Ameline wrote:

Hi,

I called them and they said they don't have access to see application status. They advised me to follow up with case worker which also i did but no reply. My application is straight forward Tier 2 Set (o) 5 years . I dont know why they are taking ages to conclude. Do you think it is because of furlough ? It is really hard these guys who works in home office to predict . Some of my friends who furloughed with me got decision.
How do we know who is our case worker? I got the generic delay email before from an email address "person name@homeoffice.gov.uk". Is this person supposed to be our individual case worker?

Cristina88
Mood:
Australia

Post by Cristina88 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:46 am

Mur wrote:
Ameline wrote:
hithlum wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell what documents did case worker asked from your employer ?

hithlum
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by hithlum » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:47 am

Mur wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:37 am
hithlum wrote:
Mur wrote:

Hi,

I don't know really. Mine is straightforward too and my other colleagues that applied after me already got theirdecision and their cards. How do you know who is your case worker?

hithlum
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by hithlum » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:50 am

Fahadnari wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:39 am
This contact point is pretty useless. I called them if there was way to request for urgent decision as I need to apply for dependents visa extension. They were not very helpful and they just read out the stuff from gov.uk. Better to play the waiting game
Good to know. I am in the same boat as you.