ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joe15

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Joe15 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 pm

shooroma wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:11 am
Joe15 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm
Hi All,

For those whom are following, there has been an update today in regard to my fresh claim, the Home office has finally replied to my MP Letter saying on the 11 August we were refused asylum however were granted leave to remain outside the immigration rules valid until 11 Feb 2023

The decision paper were despatched to my legal representative on the 17 August along with my biometrics.

However upon contacting my solicitor she confirmed she has not received any letters or biometrics in regards to my case. she has sent a chase up to HO asking to resend the documents after showing her the MP's letter.

It is quite odd not to hear anything or even be aware for almost a month after granting some sort of status, and even my Nass support still available. I tired to call migrant help to ask for verification or if they have received any updates but they said they were not quite sure.

Does anyone know a number that I can call to check, and to even ask where about have they dispatched our biometrics and decision letters? I am also wondering since it has been a month I am not quite sure if I will even be eligible for upgrade appeal, if I have the right to appeal the asylum refusal.

wish everyone well

Thank you
Congratulations @Joe , your papers might be sitting somewhere but the good thing is the HO has confirmed you have been granted. Try this number 03001232241
Thank you so much. It is definitely sitting somewhere, it is matter of finding where it is. Thank you I will give the number a call.

Also anyone experienced with an Upgrade Appeal? I am just considering it as an option, if I am not going to lose anything.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:17 am

Hi ,

Is there anyone could share your experience of further submission application that how long after did you received final decision on your case after biometric been done.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:11 pm

jay287 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:31 pm
Hi yahas,

section 95 will only discontinue if I’ll get a job. i need to update the HO if that happens. It took a month for them to give decide. I applied for NASS accommodation recently with eviction date end of July I haven’t received any update for that.

I applied for scholarship (sanctuary scholarships), it will be for undergraduate degree. Asylum seekers can apply for scholarships. Even if you’re granted leave to remain as you won’t be entitled for student loan.

You can also apply for grants/scholarships even you’re on ILR or British however you need to be extraordinary and exceptional to be granted. There’s no harm in trying. Just try and try until you succeed.
Yahas76 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:32 am
jay287 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi senu,

Thanks for the update. That’s great news. Fingers crossed you’ll get one in Cambridge. I should get an update as well this month coz my eviction date is 30th of July. Hopefully I get somewhere here as well. We are not very far. It’s quite a relief getting permission to work plus the university. What did the MP say? My solicitor sent that chase letter together with my permission to work letter but HO didn’t say anything about the decision. I will update you with my case. I was surprise they sent the new card with permission to work remark without me sending the old one. It’s tough times for us every single day, but don’t worry we will get there one day!

Best of luck
senu14 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi Jay,
I did ring Nass last Wednesday and got to hear that accommodation request been success but still didnt received a letter yet. solicitor didnt reply at all from May since she agreed to write a letter regarding delay of decision. I thought to change my solicitor as i'm so disappointed with current solicitor. anyway congratulation ,now you can work. it will reduce your stress of waiting. keep you update once i receive a letter.

Hi Jay287,

Hope you are fine and doing well, i am happy for you that you got the permission of work plus university, thats really great, i need to know / confirm two below mentioned things if you can help me.

1. Section 95 Support will be discontinued when u got permission to work and you received a 28 days eviction notice ??? How much time Home Office took to gave you an approval for the work permission ???

2. What is the permission for university ??? Like are you eligible to go to the university for doing a degree or a masters ???

Kindly let me know.

Have a very good day.

Hi Jay287,

I hope that you are fine and doing fine as well, really sorry for the late reply as I was fighting with the Depression / Anxiety since quite long and getting back to the life again.

Can you tell me the address (Postal / Email Address) and the procedure to apply for the Work Permission in Home Office ???

I claimed asylum on 30th November 2019 on Heathrow terminal 5 on arrival, Kindly also advise me that should I apply to get the work permission on 1st December 2020 ???

Load of Best Wishes for you.

Have a very Good day.

Kind Regard's.

Hooman

Post by Hooman » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:19 pm

Mohamed athif wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 pm
I’m a single I have been done my asylum in 2012 then I let going up to 2015 I went to court and it was refused
Then 2019 I applied for FSU then got acknowledgement letter then February 16 email asked me evidence all send through email and February 18 I have got biometric enrolment letter I went to Luna house March 05th since I’m waiting respond from rcm admin 2
I have submitted my fresh claim at lunar house then my documents was sent by lunar house to liverpool fsu ,after 2 years they fsu asked me for 4 photos and 7 months after that they passed my case to rcm they did send me letter to interview me in liverpool I went to liverpool from london for the interview interview started at 1;30pm we finish at 5;15 home office was already closed when i finished my interview then couple weeks after that i received biometric letter I did enrolled in London 2 weeks after that i got call from my solicitor they did granted me refugee leave to remain , from my fresh claim to decision all took 2 years 11 months , my case was very complicated i had asylum claim in another country in Europe i came here I gave home office wrong details (name,surname,dob) I was deported to Europe then i comeback again after 2 weeks then homeoffice asked me to report to them I didn't for 7 years , I'm also single but my mother, father ,sister are British citizen

jcpren
Newly Registered

Post by jcpren » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:49 am

Hooman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:19 pm
I have submitted my fresh claim at lunar house then my documents was sent by lunar house to liverpool fsu ,after 2 years they fsu asked me for 4 photos and 7 months after that they passed my case to rcm they did send me letter to interview me in liverpool I went to liverpool from london for the interview interview started at 1;30pm we finish at 5;15 home office was already closed when i finished my interview then couple weeks after that i received biometric letter I did enrolled in London 2 weeks after that i got call from my solicitor they did granted me refugee leave to remain , from my fresh claim to decision all took 2 years 11 months , my case was very complicated i had asylum claim in another country in Europe i came here I gave home office wrong details (name,surname,dob) I was deported to Europe then i comeback again after 2 weeks then homeoffice asked me to report to them I didn't for 7 years , I'm also single but my mother, father ,sister are British citizen
Hi Hooman, congratulations on your positive news!

Did you receive your decision recently (during the pandemic) and have you received your BRP yet? Thanks

Violetsareblue

Re: asylum

Post by Violetsareblue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 am

Could the moderator or anyone enlighten me on this please.
As most of you know, I was granted family leave to remain following the refusal of my asylum claim but i have lodged an appeal against the refusal. Am I allowed to apply for my national passport as I haven't been granted asylum but I am in the process of appealing?

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Hooman wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:19 pm
Mohamed athif wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 pm
I’m a single I have been done my asylum in 2012 then I let going up to 2015 I went to court and it was refused
Then 2019 I applied for FSU then got acknowledgement letter then February 16 email asked me evidence all send through email and February 18 I have got biometric enrolment letter I went to Luna house March 05th since I’m waiting respond from rcm admin 2
HI Hooman,

congratulations for you. could you tell me how long they took after biometric send your decision because i have done biometric and waiting for decision now. HO given me timeline for four weeks to end the case but four weeks end by last week.

Hooman

Post by Hooman » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:04 am

Hi My friend,

Thank you, when I done my biometric enrolment 25 days later caseworker emailed my solicitor saying his granting me refugee status and he passed my case to other team to issue my biometric card 4 days later I've a call from my solicitor to come and collect your card, all together took 29 days , that was in 2017 I'm not sure how long will it take now days due to the corona pandemic , having said that if home office gave you 4 weeks timescale they will send it to you usually they don't go over the timeframe when they give exact timeframes

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Hooman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:04 am
Hi My friend,

Thank you, when I done my biometric enrolment 25 days later caseworker emailed my solicitor saying his granting me refugee status and he passed my case to other team to issue my biometric card 4 days later I've a call from my solicitor to come and collect your card, all together took 29 days , that was in 2017 I'm not sure how long will it take now days due to the corona pandemic , having said that if home office gave you 4 weeks timescale they will send it to you usually they don't go over the timeframe when they give exact timeframes
Hi Hooman,
Thank you for response. 21st of August they replied to my solicitor and MP they will aim to expedite the case next four weeks which was end last week but didn't hear nothing yet. hope at least before end of October to hear from them. biometric done two weeks ago.

Hooman

Post by Hooman » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:37 am

Hi My Friend,

You are welcome , If you done your biometric 2 weeks ago wait another 2 weeks if you haven't hear anything contact your MP when MP writes to them they have 28 days timescale to reply , But I hope you receive your card within 2 weeks

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Hello everyone,
Is there anyone here that has just submitted their fresh claim? Mine was submitted last week thursday via email and acknowledgement letter received the next day. I can see that most cases here take up to a year before they get sent to do biometrics or refusal, does it always take that long or are there people here who get answer within months of submission?

PachaCD
Newly Registered

Post by PachaCD » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Hello

Hope you are all okay during these testing times. I just wanted to ask usually how long does it take to get the main interview (usually/on average) for asylum claims after the PIQ has been sent to the home office? PIQ for me issued 2 weeks ago and sent the form with statement and other documents today

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Laureen007 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Hello everyone,
Is there anyone here that has just submitted their fresh claim? Mine was submitted last week thursday via email and acknowledgement letter received the next day. I can see that most cases here take up to a year before they get sent to do biometrics or refusal, does it always take that long or are there people here who get answer within months of submission?
Hi Laureen,
It all depends , some cases can be quicker and some can take a while to get a result, do you mind stating the basis of your further submissions, is it asylum, human rights or both?

Latiffa1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Latiffa1989 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 pm

senu14 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm
Hooman wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:04 am
Hi My friend,

Hi Hooman,
Thank you for response. 21st of August they replied to my solicitor and MP they will aim to expedite the case next four weeks which was end last week but didn't hear nothing yet. hope at least before end of October to hear from them. biometric done two weeks ago.

Hi senu did you hear anything from your BRP ? Am the same as you done 2 weeeks ago still waiting my case was submitted on February .

Laureen007

Post by Laureen007 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 pm

shooroma wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hi Laureen,
It all depends , some cases can be quicker and some can take a while to get a result, do you mind stating the basis of your further submissions, is it asylum, human rights or both?

Hi Shooroma,
yeah understand it depends on cases, was just wanting to hear from people’s experience. well i’d say it’s both , my asylum and appeal exhausted last year so i got a new lawyer who asked me to get some evidences to back up my claim that wasn’t available with my first application so i did. she thinks with the evidences the worst that would happen is that we will get appeal. we are also hoping to be considered with my son’s medical issues as he needs care here and also his uncle my brother is british and has been like his father from day one so he has been the one taking care of him and me, i know this dosent hold much but we are just hoping they would consider family life here.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 pm

[quote=Latiffa1989 post_id=1944011 time=1601666795 user_id=237

Hi senu did you hear anything from your BRP ? Am the same as you done 2 weeeks ago still waiting my case was submitted on February .
[/quote]
Hi Latiffa ,

I did not hear anything yet still waiting. when you did biometric

Latiffa1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Latiffa1989 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:01 am

Hi senu on August

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:43 pm

Latiffa1989 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:01 am
Hi senu on August
Hi,

Did you get timeframe to get decision on your case from HO. hope you will hear good news soon. for mine i got timeline for four weeks but now its been six weeks.

jcpren
Newly Registered

Post by jcpren » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:46 pm

Hi Senu, my partner is still waiting for his decision/BRP too. I am really wondering if the Home Office have unofficially put all new refugees' BRPs on hold, to concentrate on other types of visa...

Latiffa1989
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Latiffa1989 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 am

senu14 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:43 pm
Latiffa1989 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:01 am
Hi senu on August
Hi,

Did you get timeframe to get decision on your case from HO. hope you will hear good news soon. for mine i got timeline for four weeks but now its been six weeks.

Hi senu , no they didn’t gave me timeframe and u never contacted them to ask for my application they contacted me on agust requesting further evidence that my daughter has lived all her life here , I sent it 2 week after they sent me biometrics , biometrics done 10/12 days ago waiting on decision no time frame has been given to me . Is really annoying the waiting , and I have also heard that biometric Center sone of them have been closed again so who knows , if anybody gets an update please post it here . Good luck for all and may God grant all uf us .

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:59 am

Laureen007 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 pm
shooroma wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:13 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hi Laureen,

Hi Shooroma,
yeah understand it depends on cases, was just wanting to hear from people’s experience. well i’d say it’s both , my asylum and appeal exhausted last year so i got a new lawyer who asked me to get some evidences to back up my claim that wasn’t available with my first application so i did. she thinks with the evidences the worst that would happen is that we will get appeal. we are also hoping to be considered with my son’s medical issues as he needs care here and also his uncle my brother is british and has been like his father from day one so he has been the one taking care of him and me, i know this dosent hold much but we are just hoping they would consider family life here.
Hi Laureen,
Just prepare yourself for what might be a long wait generally further submissions can take a while to get a response and the general state of affairs regarding covid dosent help the situation, but the longer you and your child spend in the UK , the more increased chances of also being granted stay on family and private life grounds. wish you all the best with your application

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:24 pm

sammy4real wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 am
hi guys, A friend of mine have been on asylum for 2yrs and 5months now and she was just given permission to work. Does it mean an her application will definitely be granted bcos she is in uk close to 13yrs and her first child is 8yrs plus now. She did her interviews already and waiting 2yrs and 5months for decision. Pls advise as her asylum application is never refuse and still waiting. Thanks
HI Sammy,
The granting of permission to work has no bearing on the outcome of her asylum case. She can write up a chase letter to send to Home office regarding the delay in getting her asylum decision as 2,5 years is a very long time waiting for a decision , she has nothing to lose in contacting HO as she might also be granted based on 7 year child policy. She can ask her solicitor to chase up HO if she has one.

shooroma

Post by shooroma » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:37 pm

shooroma wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:24 pm
sammy4real wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 am
hi guys, A friend of mine have been on asylum for 2yrs and 5months now and she was just given permission to work. Does it mean an her application will definitely be granted bcos she is in uk close to 13yrs and her first child is 8yrs plus now. She did her interviews already and waiting 2yrs and 5months for decision. Pls advise as her asylum application is never refuse and still waiting. Thanks
HI Sammy,
The granting of permission to work has no bearing on the outcome of her asylum case. She can write up a chase letter to send to Home office regarding the delay in getting her asylum decision as 2,5 years is a very long time waiting for a decision , she has nothing to lose in contacting HO as she might also be granted based on 7 year child policy. She can ask her solicitor to chase up HO if she has one.
It is standard home office practice to issue permission to work after a case has been outstanding for more than 12 months without a decision .However the permission to work is of no use as you are allowed only to do jobs on the skilled shortage occupation list.

jcpren
Newly Registered

Post by jcpren » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:33 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that my partner finally got his refugee biometric card, many months later than we ever expected!

For those still waiting, please take hope from the fact that this proves the Home Office are actively issuing them. Your time will come, good luck.

Violetsareblue

Post by Violetsareblue » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:04 pm

jcpren wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:33 pm
Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that my partner finally got his refugee biometric card, many months later than we ever expected!

For those still waiting, please take hope from the fact that this proves the Home Office are actively issuing them. Your time will come, good luck.
That’s great news!!!!
I’ve just done my brp today so hopefully I receive it soon.