ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is priority unavailable for the EEA Family Permit?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ST560S
Newly Registered

Do I need a Certified Translation for an EEA FP?

Post by ST560S » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi, i'm applying for the EEA FP. There seems to be some conflicting information about the translation of documents that I need to produce to the UK Home Office.

What kind of translation standards do they require exactly? Does the Home Office accept translations from anyone calling themselves a translator, or can it be them + a signed statement from a "respected person" in the non-UK country, or do they require them to be a member of an official body? Can it be done from my EEA resident country or does it require a UK based British person?

Do they also expect me to translate bank statements and bills? Even the small print? :shock:

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Do I need a Certified Translation for an EEA FP?

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am

Hello,

Ideally someone accredited in the country. Like someone with translations accepted by courts of justice or similar. Usually, they stamp the translations with their name, address and credentials.

Anything not in English is to be translated. For my own applications, I always translated everything and provided like-to-like originals and their translations including the fine print.

ST560S
Newly Registered

Is priority unavailable for the EEA Family Permit?

Post by ST560S » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Hello! I just did my biometrics in Paris, France at the TLS VAC. I was told there by an employee that UKVI do not accept priority and that I should request a refund on the 250 euro I paid for priority.

On gov.uk it says some "Priority and Super Priority services are only available in some locations. If available, you’ll be able to purchase these services when booking your appointment."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... outside-uk

My question is, if it was available at the booking time on the TLS website, then should I request it and will it affect my application? thank u

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is priority unavailable for the EEA Family Permit?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:25 pm

I may be wrong, but I can't recall any application under EEA regulations being reported as made under "Priority and Super Priority services".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:25 pm
I may be wrong, but I can't recall any application under EEA regulations being reported as made under "Priority and Super Priority services".
You can select priority when you book an appointment. The payment (250euro) supposedly goes to UKVI, however my bank charge was to "Teleperformance" i.e TLSContact, so presumably they hold my 250 euros and hope I don't request a refund, while doing nothing to speed up my application at all?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm

ST560S wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
You can select priority when you book an appointment. The payment (250euro) supposedly goes to UKVI, however my bank charge was to "Teleperformance" i.e TLSContact, so presumably they hold my 250 euros and hope I don't request a refund, while doing nothing to speed up my application at all?
That was a priority or VIP service for the biometrics not for the application itself.

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:12 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm
ST560S wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
That was a priority or VIP service for the biometrics not for the application itself.
I selected £0.00 to pay TLS, and 251Euros to pay UKVI. I did self-service and didn't choose any addons, so I do not believe that's the case. Here's the email they sent:

"TLScontact - Payment confirmation for UKVI Services
Dear applicant,

This receipt confirms your payment for the following:

Items Qty Price
Priority Visa Service (non settlement)

SKU: UK-PV

1 €251.71
Subtotal €251.71
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) €251.71
Tax
€0.00
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) €251.71"

Here is another email received at the same time 2 weeks ago

"TLScontact - Payment confirmation for TLS Services
Dear Applicant,

This is a confirmation email for xxxxxxxxx appointment booking on xxx xxx at our Paris Visa Application Centre:

54 Rue de Chateaudun 75009 Paris

Your application will not be accepted at any other location. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Please be aware that if you arrive any earlier, you may not be admitted to the premises.

We also confirm payment for the following services:

Items Qty Price
Appointment Self Service - Regular

SKU: UK-APPTSELFREG

1 €0.00
Subtotal €0.00
Tax
€0.00
Grand Total €0.00"

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:48 am

I'll keep this page updated

20.10.20: Refund requested on TLScontact form
20.10.20: Email received:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Complete the refund form below and send it back to us in reply.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send information in attachments (such as pdf files, doc files, screenshots etc.) as our system will automatically block them.
REFUND FORM
Centre Location (City):
GWF Reference Number:
Date of Appointment:
Cardholder Name (name on the payment card used):
Date of Purchase (DD/MM/YY):
Amount Of Refund Requested (Please write the amount in this format: 9.95):
Currency (Please use Currency Code, such as GBP or EUR):
Applicant First Name(s):
Applicant Family Name (Surname):
Applicant Email Address (as used to register on the https://pos.tlscontact.com/ website):
Visa Type:
Services to be refunded:
Reason for refund (please give as much details as possible):
Date of refund request:

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:49 am

22.10.20:

Dear Customer,
We have received your completed refund request. Your form will now be transferred to our refunds team, for assessment and further processing.
Please be aware that the refund process can take up to 4 weeks after we have received your completed refund request form. Approved refund will be returned to your bank account without additional notification.

_____

Please reply to this message within 15 days if you need additional information or clarification regarding your request.
_____
Best regards,
TLScontact

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:16 am

Dear Applicant,

Reference: XXXXXXXXXXX

TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre is pleased to inform you that your visa application process is almost over and that your passport will soon be ready to be returned to you.

You will receive an email from us soon to inform you about collection or delivery procedure.

You can track the progress of your visa application by connecting to your account or by using our Track My Application app.

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:38 pm

Passport with visa sticker received back today (visa granted).

On the paper returned someone had crossed out "priority" with pen and wrote Refund.

So I will be chasing them up for it if they do not issue refund.

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:36 am

Hi thread starter,
congrats for your visa .
Did you apply under Surinder singh route...?

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:07 pm

Kumar1038 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:36 am
Hi thread starter,
congrats for your visa .
Did you apply under Surinder singh route...?
Yes

Kumar1038
Cameroon

Post by Kumar1038 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Thank you ST560S for your reply.
Do we have any seperate time line thread for the applications made under SS route in this forum.I have searched but couldn't find it .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Kumar1038 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 pm
Thank you ST560S for your reply.
Do we have any seperate time line thread for the applications made under Surinder Singh route route in this forum.I have searched but couldn't find it .
eea-route-applications/surinder-singh-e ... l#p1951148
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ST560S
Newly Registered

Post by ST560S » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 am

Full refund received 07/11/20