ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scan of paper statements, downloaded PDFs or both?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DavidY
Newly Registered
United States of America

Scan of paper statements, downloaded PDFs or both?

Post by DavidY » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:14 am

What are the acceptable sources for the documents I upload for my FLR (M)?

1. Scan of paper statements (bank, council tax, electricity)
2. Downloaded PDFs
3. Mixture of 1 and 2 (for example, I have some paper electricity bills and some PDF electricity bills)
4. Some categories of documents must be scans of paper statements while others can be downloaded PDFs

Thanks,

David

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Scan of paper statements, downloaded PDFs or both?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:52 am

DavidY wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:14 am
What are the acceptable sources for the documents I upload for my FLR (M)?

1. Scan of paper statements (bank, council tax, electricity)
2. Downloaded PDFs
3. Mixture of 1 and 2 (for example, I have some paper electricity bills and some PDF electricity bills)
4. Some categories of documents must be scans of paper statements while others can be downloaded PDFs

Thanks,

David
The online ones you have as PDF download them and the paper ones you have scan them to PDF and upload .

DavidY
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by DavidY » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 am

Thanks.

I’m trying to clarify this:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

Evidence of Financial Requirements under Appendix FM

"electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

Do I understand this correctly to mean that if I use downloaded PDFs, I must get a letter from the bank or if I scan the paper copies, that I must make sure that every page has a stamp?

be123+

Post by be123+ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:33 am

hi.

Can i also ask you about the statements as well?

I've downloaded every single file for my statements. Is it ok if i just compile everything into one single file?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:45 am

DavidY wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 am
Thanks.

"electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

Do I understand this correctly to mean that if I use downloaded PDFs, I must get a letter from the bank or if I scan the paper copies, that I must make sure that every page has a stamp? That is what it appears to state however if the online statements looks like the same one you would get by post from the bank then no need to get any letter or stamps. People submitted them and got positive outcomes.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 am

be123+ wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:33 am
hi.

I've downloaded every single file for my statements. Is it ok if i just compile everything into one single file?

Thanks
If orderly,/sequential then no problem so far it is legible, within size limits and in acceptable format.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 am
be123+ wrote:
hi.

Thanks
If orderly,/sequential then no problem so far it is legible, within size limits and in acceptable format.
Thank you. That helps a lot as the files would be really a lot if i cant do it into one file. I managed to compress and reduce file size using adobe pro

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:06 am

be123+ wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:48 am
be123+ wrote:
hi.

Thanks
Thank you. That helps a lot as the files would be really a lot if i cant do it into one file. I managed to compress and reduce file size using adobe pro
Endeavour to keep your
Questions in your own topic

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:40 am

DavidY wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:35 am
Thanks.

Do I understand this correctly to mean that if I use downloaded PDFs, I must get a letter from the bank or if I scan the paper copies, that I must make sure that every page has a stamp?
That probably an outdated extract of guidance which has never been bothered to synch with ukvcas guidance where all format such as pdf is permissible just as an original one.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.