ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jefoy22123
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by jefoy22123 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi all,
I've just called the helpline - they advised to call again next Monday, as by then they will be given instructions on how to chase invitations.

baybars1

Post by baybars1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:08 pm

jefoy22123 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:46 pm
Hi all,
I've just called the helpline - they advised to call again next Monday, as by then they will be given instructions on how to chase invitations.
If you do give them call next Monday, please share the update here if you can.

raij
Poland

Post by raij » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:13 pm

jefoy22123 wrote:
Hi all,
i recon they already know they are way behind :/so curious to hear what they be saying next week
june 3 approval still waing :cry:

Cost Manager

Post by Cost Manager » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:20 pm

If I can get my passport before xmas, I will be the happiest. 25th of July approval

lmannova

Post by lmannova » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm

raij wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:13 pm
jefoy22123 wrote:
Hi all,
i recon they already know they are way behind :/so curious to hear what they be saying next week
Then I don't understand why they keeping telling us we'll all get it by the end of October? I am sure they are aware if we won't get it by then, we'll all be calling them next Monday..

I just don't get it. I doubt we'll all receive it by the end of this week..

Perhaps they are preparing for something like closing the office as they did during spring? I would rather if they would be honest with us and just told us what's really happening..

TheTraveller
- thin ice -

Post by TheTraveller » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 pm

lmannova wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm
raij wrote:
jefoy22123 wrote:
Hi all,
Then I don't understand why they keeping telling us we'll all get it by the end of October? I am sure they are aware if we won't get it by then, we'll all be calling them next Monday..

Perhaps they are preparing for something like closing the office as they did during spring? I would rather if they would be honest with us and just told us what's really happening..

I think they are trying to get everything printed and sent out by the end of October.. means we should allow 2 to 3 weeks more for these to be delivered

lmannova

Post by lmannova » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:10 pm

TheTraveller wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 pm
lmannova wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:00 pm
raij wrote:
jefoy22123 wrote:
Hi all,

I think they are trying to get everything printed and sent out by the end of October.. means we should allow 2 to 3 weeks more for these to be delivered
I believe it should all be delivered by end of this week as I was specifically told last week when I called the HO that it will be received by the end of October. And I think everybody else got the same answer from HO.

I lost hope already.. :lol:

nnn15

Post by nnn15 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 pm

When I spoke to my council a couple of weeks ago they said the HO told them they expected to clear the backlog by the end of November. So it seems already then they knew the end of October timeline is not feasible, at least for some of the councils. I hope they are working on it at least, but it seems in the last couple of weeks no one posted that they got ceremony invitations which is frustrating.

Waitingagain
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Waitingagain » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:45 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but nobody has posted here that they received letters since the tiered approach was brought in.
My feeling is that they’ve not printed for weeks now and next Monday will tell us that it’s closed again. I also can’t see the tiered approach disappearing before April at the earliest, when it gets warmer.
Sorry for being pessimistic, I’ve just lost hope and won’t check in to this forum again before Christmas, I’d rather be surprised if something is delivered.

Good luck all, I hope I’m proven wrong!

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Mcr council just sent me an email now saying since the last mail they sent in the 13th October 2020, they haven't received any new certificates and don't know when they will get more.

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi All,
I e-mailed my local council ( Tower Hamlets) and they unfortunately haven't received my certificate and mentioned that they only received certificates for approvals up till June 2020 and hope will receive more soon. It seems HO has like 4 months backlog :(

Bulgaria

Post by 024601 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:00 pm

I didn't receive anything today :x I called my council and they said they haven't received any certificates in the past several weeks. I'm in Southampton.

Tirinti
Mood:

Post by Tirinti » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 pm

nnn15 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 pm
When I spoke to my council a couple of weeks ago they said the HO told them they expected to clear the backlog by the end of November. So it seems already then they knew the end of October timeline is not feasible, at least for some of the councils. I hope they are working on it at least, but it seems in the last couple of weeks no one posted that they got ceremony invitations which is frustrating.
I think they said people approved before 7th august will receive their certificates by the end of October. This doesn't mean they weren't expecting to have backlog et the end of October. Simply people who were approved between 7th August and end of October. So when you asked them, they expected to have no backlog et the end of November so people approved in December were expected to be invited immediately.

anyway it is rather impossible at this point. I think it is caused by Tier 3 in Liverpool. Probably they must print certificates in secured environment. I'm just wondering why they won't delegate this task to any other office. Here in Croydon there is large home office building and the covid rate in Croydon is below England's average.

James t
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by James t » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:21 pm

In such days and stressful moments it's when we need those people who we can talk to and make us happy otherwise it's really stressful and painful no one can understand it's only you who is in it but still a thank Allah we applied three of Us my cousin wasn't giving .will wait was approved Mead July but I know this is going to get over

baybars1

Post by baybars1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Tirinti wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:13 pm
nnn15 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:18 pm
I think they said people approved before 7th august will receive their certificates by the end of October. This doesn't mean they weren't expecting to have backlog et the end of October. Simply people who were approved between 7th August and end of October. So when you asked them, they expected to have no backlog et the end of November so people approved in December were expected to be invited immediately.

anyway it is rather impossible at this point. I think it is caused by Tier 3 in Liverpool. Probably they must print certificates in secured environment. I'm just wondering why they won't delegate this task to any other office. Here in Croydon there is large home office building and the covid rate in Croydon is below England's average.
Simple: they don't feel the same urgency as the citizens-to-be do. The interest are not aligned.

Home Office's key concern with respect to any delays on their end is if someone may end up being in the UK illegally because of it. Otherwise, they don't care.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:06 pm

jefoy22123 wrote:
Hi all,
This doesn’t sound good..

Well I expect the helpline to crash next Monday of so many people calling....

whatevs2020
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by whatevs2020 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Thought to share my side.

Approved 15 July
Letter dated 05 October, received 20 October
No certificate at the council (Edinburgh) yet. They don't know when they will receive them next, as HO hasn't been in contact for a while.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:59 pm

whatevs2020 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Approved 15 July
No certificate at the council (Edinburgh) yet. They don't know when they will receive them next, as HO hasn't been in contact for a while.
Wow!!!! That's like 15days before receiving it...

mdiqbal

Post by mdiqbal » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Hello all,
I have contacted my council, they said that no certificate arrived in couple of weeks.

Ailed
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Ailed » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm

whatevs2020 wrote:

Approved 15 July
Congrats. Really good news.

justaquery
Pakistan

Post by justaquery » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi everyone

I have just sent an email to The Independent stories Team on their email address below:

newsdesk@independent.co.uk

I have highlighted the severe delays the HO is currently forcing on us with no update and the broken promises about clearing the backlog.

If possible, can other forum members also email them and highlight the issues and distress this is causing you? If enough people email them, they might run a story on this and hopefully put more pressure on the HO.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:50 am

024601 wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:00 pm
I didn't receive anything today :x I called my council and they said they haven't received any certificates in the past several weeks. I'm in Southampton.
same here in Southampton and got this reply from them

" We have not received any paperwork from the Home Office and until we do we cannot book your ceremony. As soon as do receive the paperwork we will write to you and invite you on to the first possible ceremony "

it appear that we will not get anything but if our council get our paper work then they will invite us for cermony

whatevs2020
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by whatevs2020 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:09 am

Ailed wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm
whatevs2020 wrote:

Approved 15 July
Not really, I do have the letter but the council does NOT have my certificate, and they don’t know when they will receive it. Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, it usually seems the other way around (certificate at the council but no letter)

James t
Newly Registered
American Samoa

Post by James t » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:47 am

Me my council has my certificate but they can't book me in without invitation letter very stressing

AsPa
Newly Registered

Post by AsPa » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:37 am

whatevs2020 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:09 am
Ailed wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:58 pm
whatevs2020 wrote:

Approved 15 July
Not really, I do have the letter but the council does NOT have my certificate, and they don’t know when they will receive it. Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, it usually seems the other way around (certificate at the council but no letter)
Yeah i am in the same situation as you recieved my later on the 15th of October however council said they haven't received certificate and they don't know when they will be receiving the next batch as the HO hasn't been in touch in few weeks now.......:(