ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it ethical to report this illegal immigrant?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MancFromBritain
Newly Registered

Is it ethical to report this illegal immigrant?

Post by MancFromBritain » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:38 am

My roommate invited a guest from overseas to visit for a short time and the 'guest' seems to have other plans.

It has been 7 months since the guest arrived and she has been living and working illegally on a visitors visa. She is being paid considerably less than the standard salary a normal british citizen would have been given.

Her manners and etiquette are severely lacking (makes a mess in the bathroom, refuses to pay bills and buy her own food etc) and I dont know if I can take it anymore. I want her out ASAP. After Home Office rejected her request 6 months in for stay, she was forced to book a flight back or face deportation; she booked but cancelled it after and wants to stay instead.

Can somebody please help me find a way to report her to the appropriate authorities. Thank you.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: Is it ethical to report this illegal immigrant?

Post by THO » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:12 am

I would have thought the police would be a good starting point. They will either do something or inform the correct authority for you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:58 am

Google? https://www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime
Clearly if you are aware of a crime being committed you would report it, wouldn't you? Interesting you have intimate knowledge of all the details. The employer is also liable for employing someone without the right to work.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:02 am

MancFromBritain wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:38 am
My roommate invited a guest from overseas to visit for a short time and the 'guest' seems to have other plans.

It has been 7 months since the guest arrived and she has been living and working illegally on a visitors visa. She is being paid considerably less than the standard salary a normal british citizen would have been given.

Her manners and etiquette are severely lacking (makes a mess in the bathroom, refuses to pay bills and buy her own food etc) and I dont know if I can take it anymore. I want her out ASAP. After Home Office rejected her request 6 months in for stay, she was forced to book a flight back or face deportation; she booked but cancelled it after and wants to stay instead.

Can somebody please help me find a way to report her to the appropriate authorities. Thank you.
A joint tenancy being in place is conjuring up in mind by looking the above circumstance, if so, then your first contact must be your landlord who must have the visitor rules and the same must have been pinpointed in the tenancy agreement too. Ironically, if he/she (landlord) is already knew about this, and is secretly just accepting an extra money from your roommate then certainly the things are going south as you really can't do anything much at least until the next year unless the immigration authorities raid the property. Conversely, if you are badly inconvenient then you can consider to serve a valid NTQ as per the terms of tenancy which will terminate the tenancy for everyone.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.