ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for the forms for South African Passport??

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Yammie1973
Newly Registered
Mood:

How to apply for the forms for South African Passport??

Post by Yammie1973 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi
My husband's current South African passport expires in December 2020. He has British Citizenship already and has had for years. We both grew up in South Africa but I always maintained my British Passport as I was born in England. I never took South African citizenship despite living in the country from the age of 3 to 25 years of age...I digress
The websites are utterly useless, so I need help in getting my husband started on the process of getting a new South African Passport:
What do I do, what forms do I need, how do I get these forms (for him)?
Apologies if this has already been covered previously.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to apply for the forms for South African Passport??

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Only some of the forms are downloadable from the website. Others have to be collected in person from Home Affairs in London, which I believe is currently by appointment only.

Unsure if there is a system, which the staff will answer or action, to post the forms to him.

All info on the website.

Link below will be useful.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sapeop ... iring/amp/

Did he formally apply to retain his South African citizen before becoming British?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Yammie1973
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yammie1973 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:01 am

Hi
Thank you for the reply and info. Re your question, when my husband came over from South Africa back in the early 2000's, he came over on an ancestral Visa and later claimed his British Citizenship through his mother who was born in England. I have no clue if the South African Government even know that he has a British Passport. I just assumed that they would have been notified when he applied for British Citizenship.

Yammie1973
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Yammie1973 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:17 am

Just as an amendment to my previous email. My husband has flown twice back to South Africa since having his current SA passport and never once been questioned about having a British Passport. He carries it with him at all times but only ever uses his South African Passport to fly in and out of South Africa.