ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport Revoke marriage of convenience

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rupaireland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Irish Passport Revoke marriage of convenience

Post by Rupaireland » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:13 pm

griffith wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm
They are threatening. You do not have an Eufam so how can it be revoked?
May i ask you what are those marriage of convenience allegations from the minister? (They are not always right)
They will notify the citizenship division who will then decide your current circumstances. I dought so!!!!
Do you have a solicitor for your case?
I do have solicitor.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:10 am

Rupaireland wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:13 pm
griffith wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:57 pm
They are threatening. You do not have an Eufam so how can it be revoked?
May i ask you what are those marriage of convenience allegations from the minister? (They are not always right)
They will notify the citizenship division who will then decide your current circumstances. I dought so!!!!
Do you have a solicitor for your case?
I do have solicitor.
Did you use non genuine documents as it has been suggested in this thread?

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:44 am

I know of a case in which a non-EU married an EU citizen. After 3 years the EU citizen left Ireland. Apparently she wasn't working or exercising her EU treaty rights in any other way. The non-EU person got remarried (or got in a relationship---- not sure which one) to another non-EU lady, had 2 children who were granted Irish residency and passports were issued to them. His new partner also received residency based on the Irish children.

But when this person applied for retention of rights the department refused (for reasons mentioned above i.e. EU citizen leaving Ireland). He then applied divorce, presented some further documents and applied for review. The department refused it again and challenged his marriage and this time said the whole 5 years of residency never existed as the EU spouse never exercised her rights. As a result his children's Irish citizenship and his partner's permission also got revoked. He is currently without any status.

So to answer your question, yes it is possible that citizenship can be revoked if the minister deems that the basis on which it was obtained was false.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors