ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension - Urgent Clarification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pks428
Newly Registered

Spouse VISA Extension -

Post by pks428 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:55 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to this board sorry if this has been answered previously.
I am holding British passport and my wife spouse visa is due to expire by February 9th 2021 and I would like to know when is the deadline for the application to be made.

Because I'm worried that i would be able to launch my application early next week since I'm in the process of coating all the required documents.

Any idea if there is any priority services available if we apply through normal service how long will it take to get the decision during this COVID situation.

Many Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse VISA Extension -

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:03 pm

pks428 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:55 pm
Hi All,

I'm new to this board sorry if this has been answered previously.
I am holding British passport and my wife spouse visa is due to expire by February 9th 2021 and I would like to know when is the deadline for the application to be made.

Because I'm worried that i would be able to launch my application early next week since I'm in the process of coating all the required documents.

Any idea if there is any priority services available if we apply through normal service how long will it take to get the decision during this COVID situation.

Many Thanks
You can apply anytime before your leave is about to expire. Did you wife arrived from abroad on spouse visa?

There’s no priority options at the moment for applications within UK and applications are taking 8 weeks to be decided but be warned that there’s currently a huge backlogs at the moment.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

pks428
Newly Registered

Post by pks428 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:16 pm

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply and yes my wife arrived from India in spouse visa by may 2018.

Sorry I missed that in my earlier post.

My wife is currently working in a permanent job and once I apply the visa extension next week is she still eligible to continue her work even after her visa expiry date.

Or is there anything else that my wife need to inform her company more over we are expecting our first baby early m arch 2021.

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:37 am

pks428 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:16 pm
Hi

Thank you so much for your reply and yes my wife arrived from India in spouse visa by may 2018.

Sorry I missed that in my earlier post.

My wife is currently working in a permanent job and once I apply the visa extension next week is she still eligible to continue her work even after her visa expiry date. Yes, can continue work. Section 3C ensures that she maintains same rights as before due to applying for new leave before expiration of current visa/leave.[/highlight]

Or is there anything else that my wife need to inform her company more over we are expecting our first baby early m arch 2021. If needed, employer can use the HOs checking service to ascertain her rights to work.

Thanks.

pks428
Newly Registered

Post by pks428 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:13 am

Thank you so much for your reply.
Much appreciated

pks428
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse VISA Extension - Required Documents

Post by pks428 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:02 pm

Please can you suggest what are the list of supporting Documents required for the spouse Visa extension applying from within UK.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:11 pm

See here for a generic list.

On completion of the online form, a checklist of documents to submit will be generated which may be more specific to your circumstances depending on what you put on the form.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

pks428
Newly Registered

Post by pks428 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am still confused with the item of correspondence.

I have three joint name documents for us. In this case how many documents per source has to be submitted for a period of two years?

In total how many documents would come for all three different sources?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:07 am

Have a look here for what you can submit.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

pks428
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension - Ltd Company Director/Perm Job

Post by pks428 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my wife first spouse visa extension which is going to expire by 9th Feb 2021.

My wife arrived in UK by May 2018, at that time I was into contracting through Limited company as a Director till May 2019.

After which I had a break for 4 months till Sep 2019. Then I joined a permanent job which I am working till date.

But I haven't closed my company after May 2019 and there is no trading.
In companies house it shows my name as a active Director though there was no trade.

In the visa application form there is a question 'Are you a director or non executive director of the limited company based in UK?'

I am in the process of closing down/strike off my company and process would be completed in two weeks.

So should I launch the visa application after striking off the company completely? or Can I launch the application by saying no to the above question since there is no trading from June 2019?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Ltd Company Director/Perm Job

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:05 pm

pks428 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 pm
Hi,

I am applying for my wife first spouse visa extension which is going to expire by 9th Feb 2021.

My wife arrived in UK by May 2018, at that time I was into contracting through Limited company as a Director till May 2019.

After which I had a break for 4 months till Sep 2019. Then I joined a permanent job which I am working till date.

But I haven't closed my company after May 2019 and there is no trading.
In companies house it shows my name as a active Director though there was no trade.

In the visa application form there is a question 'Are you a director or non executive director of the limited company based in UK?'

I am in the process of closing down/strike off my company and process would be completed in two weeks.

So should I launch the visa application after striking off the company completely? or Can I launch the application by saying no to the above question since there is no trading from June 2019?
You can say NO but reference in a letter that you are not relying on your limited company because by ticking yes it will prompt you to fill in details relating to your LTD company.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

pks428
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Ltd Company Director/Perm Job

Post by pks428 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:59 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

pks428
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension - Urgent Clarification

Post by pks428 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:51 am

Hi,

I have few clarification with regards to my wife's spouse visa extension application form.

I hold a British Passport and she is from India. In the application form there are few questions which I am not clear about the answers.

Below is the list of questions for which I need help

If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to? I answered India

Subsequent question "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country ?" Should I answer Yes/No

"Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?" should I answer Yes/No
The above question is doubtful since my husband is British Citizen how can we go and live somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Urgent Clarification

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:37 pm

pks428 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:51 am
Hi,

I have few clarification with regards to my wife's spouse visa extension application form.

I hold a British Passport and she is from India. In the application form there are few questions which I am not clear about the answers.

If you were required to leave the UK, what country would you go to? I answered India

Subsequent question "Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country ?" Should I answer Yes/No

"Could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary?" should I answer Yes/No
The above question is doubtful since my husband is British Citizen how can we go and live somewhere else.

Thanks in advance
It is not the answer we want you to put but the honest response as it applies to you and family.
If you have established a life and presence in UK and plan to continue to have it so,then the response to give should be apparent unless its otherwise.

sam550

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - Urgent Clarification

Post by sam550 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:29 pm

pks428 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:51 am
Hi,

Thanks in advance
As AmazonionX said your answer should be no, you cannons live in any other country as you have established your life in UK