ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 ilr application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NJCJ
Newly Registered
Philippines

tier 2 ilr application

Post by NJCJ » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:21 am

Good day everyone! I hope somebody here can help me. I have two concerns I want to ask about.
1. I applied for ILR under tier 2 on 20th Oct 2020(sent paperworks and did biometric on this date but paid and finished my application online on 28 Sept. 2020. Unfortunately, up to now, I have not received my decision yet. A month after I had my biometric, workvisa people have messaged me to say because of covid its gonna take more than the 6 months waiting period. and several weeks after I received an email from home office regarding the whereabouts of my child under child protection guidlelines and whether I have the intention of applying for their ILR. I replied right way to the email that I havent applied for my child because him and my husband as my dependants only came in the UK 9 months after me, so they are not yet 5 years and I do have the intention of applying for their ILR. As reply to my explanation, it was just an automated email that said all email sent to that site are for tier 2 and 5. So I continue to wait patiently. In the mean time, I taught 2 of my colleagues in their application as well on how I did mine. They based their application on what I did. The other one applied dec. and 7 working days after, he got his decision. He also have 4 dependants (a wife and 3 kids) which he did not apply iLR for because they havent reached the 5 years as well. Then I have another colleague who applied in early jan. and got her decision in 2 working days. I was in a state of panic, and felt really scared why they got their decisions and Im made to suffer and wait. I understand its different for each applicant and I should not compare myself to others but as human being, I cant help it. But in the end I cant do anything else so i just continue to do my job as a nurse despite the hidden stress of the waiting game of everything. Will i have a chance of refusal because I did not apply with me my 8 year old boy as my dependant?Sorry for the long story.

2. Second issue is regarding my dependants. the issue date of my dependants visa(both hubby and boy) will be expired on 15 May 2021. They arrived in the UK 26May 2016 but their visa was issued 20th May. I have been reading other concerns and can i just confirm that I can apply for their Ilr starting 29April? Can I do application online before this date though and schedule biometric after this date? providing my hubby pass all necessary tests needed. And if incase my Ilr decision will not come out by then, how can I apply for them? I mean what visa? Im quite helpless and confused. Crying over this for weeks now stressing myself, a cause of friction already in the family. I was actually saving for more then £3000 for my application just so i can have decision quicker but because of covid they cancel such option so now I have to deal with all this uncertainty and anxiety.

I really hope somebody can help me and advice me on what needs done. If only i have enough money, i would definitely have asked for a solicitor but because I need a huge amount for our application plus the tests me and hubby need to do, plus there is not much extra work for hubby because of covid, I could not really afford a solicitor. I would greatly appreciate every advices in here. Thanks so much in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: tier 2 ilr application

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:37 am

Useful to paragraph your posts instead of long block paragraphs which are very difficult to read.

1. No issue regarding not applying for the child.

2. They qualify for ilr within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa issue date. Not the date they arrived in the UK!! Simply apply for ilr when they qualify. Their applications won't be considered until your ilr succeeds. If your ilr fails, theirs will too and you lose all the fees paid.

A solicitor has absolutely no influence or away to get a quicker response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.