ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aliabbas

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by aliabbas » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:58 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:36 pm
another week gone no sign of an invitation

15 October approval
Any undates ? Nothing from my side 16 October approval called the council today n they haven't got anything either . Seriously 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Energy
Newly Registered

Re: Still Waiting for invitation letter

Post by Energy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Oria wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:28 pm
Energy wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:33 pm
Oria wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:14 pm
YanisAAK wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Same here, approved on 28th, nothing yet. Council Newham
Same. Approval date 28 October. Letter not received.
Hello Oria

I would suggest you check with your council. They might receive your certificate.

All the best
They have already received my certificate but cannot hold my ceremony until I’ve my invitation. I’ve a reply from home office that the invitations are in progress & will be contacted soon. Strange not even a timeline.

Hello Oria

Since your council have already received the certificate, I believe they have already posted your invitation letter and you may receive it within this week. Please also note that hk623d same timeline with you received it letter today.

All the best.

lonmarctba
Newly Registered

Post by lonmarctba » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:30 pm

aliabbas wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:58 pm
PhantomPermit wrote:

15 October approval
Any undates ? Nothing from my side 16 October approval called the council today n they haven't got anything either . Seriously 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Same here guys! 13th October approval.

Oria
Libya

Re: Still Waiting for invitation letter

Post by Oria » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:29 pm

Energy wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:01 pm
Oria wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:28 pm
Energy wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:33 pm
Oria wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:14 pm

Same. Approval date 28 October. Letter not received.
Hello Oria

I would suggest you check with your council. They might receive your certificate.

All the best
They have already received my certificate but cannot hold my ceremony until I’ve my invitation. I’ve a reply from home office that the invitations are in progress & will be contacted soon. Strange not even a timeline.

Hello Oria

Since your council have already received the certificate, I believe they have already posted your invitation letter and you may receive it within this week. Please also note that hk623d same timeline with you received it letter today.

All the best.

Dear Energy,
Yes I think so. I don’t mind them write me a generic email. I stay positive hopefully it’s already on its way. Maybe tomorrow or by weekend. Cheers,

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm

aliabbas wrote:
PhantomPermit wrote:

15 October approval
i spoke to homeoffice person today. he said invitations for applicants before 11th of nov were sent last Friday by 2nd class post but I don't trust HO. They are incompetent to say the least.
They dont care about immigrants its not high priority for them. Using 2nd class for posts disgraceful

nadeem75
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by nadeem75 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi Members,
Share a update, I just called home office on 0300 123 2241 and ask for update about invitations Letter.
She said we are a third party and we don’t have access to individual information, however today received update that till 11th of Nov approval’s invitation has letters dispatched. And we are receiving update every week.

Regards

Gard
Newly Registered

Post by Gard » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Finally I received HO invitation latter today.
Approved: 21st of October
Invitation printing date: 31st of Dec
Latter received by post: 25th of January

Contacted Manchester city council and they said they are posting their own invitation from this week. Another waiting period started now.

shahzy970
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by shahzy970 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Yazzz95 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:43 am
shahzy970 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:20 am
YanisAAK wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:55 pm
shahzy970 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:06 pm

Hi! Did you check with Newham council? mine is Newham and I tried to reach out but they couldn't find my details plus I haven't received the invitation letter from ho yet.

Thanks
Yes I tried to call them, managed to get through but they said they have received ma y invitation letters but they would not add that into the system because they are not carrying any ceremonies until the end of the lockdown. And that they are dealing with a high number of deaths.

Mine was approved on the 28 October but still haven’t received invitation.

Anyone from October is still waiting?
Hi Yanis,

Unfortunately due to high mortality rate cos of COVID in Newham Council and also, due to lack of resources they are pretty slow in uploading certificates. Keep trying after 2:30 pm every day ( As suggested by Yazzz). Hopefully, we all should have good news from the council this week.

Let us know if you anything changes - Good Luck

Thanks
Hi Shahzy,
Did you manage to contact them ??
Did they book you for ceremony ??
Hi Yazz,
yep- they've advised check the website, as they have started loading certificates on the website.
Nothing so far, I'll keep checking.

Is your ceremony next week?

Thanks

imz2020
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by imz2020 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi All,

Unfortunately my happiness with the receipt of the home office ceremony letter was short lived as my council hasn't received my certificate so now need to chase Home office again :(! this is getting really frustrating. Is anyone experiencing such situation?

Approval date: 26 Oct
HO letter received on 21 Jan 21 dated 4 Jan 21

hk623d
Newly Registered

Post by hk623d » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:51 pm

imz2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:23 pm
Hi All,

Unfortunately my happiness with the receipt of the home office ceremony letter was short lived as my council hasn't received my certificate so now need to chase Home office again :(! this is getting really frustrating. Is anyone experiencing such situation?

Approval date: 26 Oct
HO letter received on 21 Jan 21 dated 4 Jan 21
Now a days Royal Mail deliverers the letters very late, my letter was print on 7th January and received today and Hopefully all the OCT approvals will receive the letters this week.

lmannova

Post by lmannova » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi there,

so I haven't been here for a while but thought I share my timeline, finally!

Appointment booked: 07.07.2020
Appointment attented: 09.07.2020
Approved: 20.07.2020
Invitation letter arrived: 25.01.2021 [dated 07.01.2020]

Today I also received an email from the HO as a reply to my email from November that my paperwork was posted on 13.01.2021.

I wonder why it took them so long to print out the certificate and post it?

I am aware I am not the only one waiting for an invitation since last summer.

My council doesn't do ceremonies at least until end of February for now so I will have to wait once they reopen it or whether they start doing virtual ceremonies.

Good luck to you all!

Yazzz95
Mood:

Post by Yazzz95 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 pm

shahzy970 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:08 pm
Yazzz95 wrote:
shahzy970 wrote:
YanisAAK wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:55 pm

Yes I tried to call them, managed to get through but they said they have received ma y invitation letters but they would not add that into the system because they are not carrying any ceremonies until the end of the lockdown. And that they are dealing with a high number of deaths.

Mine was approved on the 28 October but still haven’t received invitation.

Anyone from October is still waiting?
Hi Yanis,

Unfortunately due to high mortality rate cos of COVID in Newham Council and also, due to lack of resources they are pretty slow in uploading certificates. Keep trying after 2:30 pm every day ( As suggested by Yazzz). Hopefully, we all should have good news from the council this week.

Thanks
Hi Shahzy,
Hi Yazz,
yep- they've advised check the website, as they have started loading certificates on the website.

Thanks
Hi,
Yes it is booked for next Tuesday. But at this point I'm still confused as I've seen few members here from Newham council who are still unable to book ceremony. Thats why I'm not sure. They might cancel it last minute by saying they are not conducting ceremonies in lockdown.
I might call them to reconfirm my ceremony.
Thank you. And good luck. Hopefully you'll have your ceremony at earliest date.

mrmo93
Mood:
Sweden

Post by mrmo93 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:24 pm

Gard wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm
Finally I received HO invitation latter today.
Approved: 21st of October
Invitation printing date: 31st of Dec
Latter received by post: 25th of January

Contacted Manchester city council and they said they are posting their own invitation from this week. Another waiting period started now.
I know, im in Kent and im in the same boat :oops:

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 pm

PhantomPermit wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:32 pm
aliabbas wrote:
PhantomPermit wrote:

15 October approval
i spoke to homeoffice person today. he said invitations for applicants before 11th of nov were sent last Friday by 2nd class post but I don't trust HO. They are incompetent to say the least.
They dont care about immigrants its not high priority for them. Using 2nd class for posts disgraceful
They r so liers OmG how can anybody trust them I rang them today and was told till 11 nov was posted on 12 jan . Seriously 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

shahzy970
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by shahzy970 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:46 am

Yazzz95 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:12 pm
shahzy970 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:08 pm
Yazzz95 wrote:
shahzy970 wrote:

Hi Yanis,

Thanks
Hi Shahzy,
Hi Yazz,

Thanks
Hi,
Yes it is booked for next Tuesday. But at this point I'm still confused as I've seen few members here from Newham council who are still unable to book ceremony. Thats why I'm not sure. They might cancel it last minute by saying they are not conducting ceremonies in lockdown.
I might call them to reconfirm my ceremony.
Thank you. And good luck. Hopefully you'll have your ceremony at earliest date.
Hi,
That's good to hear. let us know how it goes.

That's true if you can give a call to the council and let us know if your ceremony is still scheduled for Tuesday?

I will check back on the website again later today.

Thanks
Mohammed

loleadan
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by loleadan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:52 am

Hello guys,

I haven't received the invitation either and could not get help from the Council.
My situation is the following:
- got my Citizenship confirmation in July 2020 while I was living in Cambridge
- moved to St. Ives in October
Would the Council send the invitation letter to my new address?
Haven't received anything on either of them.

Would appreciate an advice.

Thank you

hk623d
Newly Registered

Post by hk623d » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:55 am

loleadan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:52 am
Hello guys,

I haven't received the invitation either and could not get help from the Council.

Thank you

HO will send the letter at your old address and Council will ask your address when you will book the ceremony. Please contact to your council which you mentioned in application form. Good Luck

Bong_UK
Newly Registered
India

Post by Bong_UK » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:55 am

Hi All,
I have been following this thread with some interest for the last few years from ILR application to Citizenship. I can share my experience about the citizenship journey which some might find useful.
Applied for Citizenship: August 10th, 2020
Uploaded documents through IDV app in September 2020
Confirmation of successful application 26th of October 2020
Citizenship Ceremony booking email from Cambridgeshire council: 20th January 2021
Citizenship ceremony booked: 4th March (earliest available) Group ceremony, in person.
Citizenship invitation letter from Home Office: 25th January 2021
The date on the citizenship invitation letter from the Home office: 4th January 2021. It took almost three weeks for the letter to arrive :cry:
Hopefully, the 4th of March will be smooth sailing and the end of this tumultuous journey. Thanks to the forum members for the support and information all along. All the best to all people waiting. I think the process is getting better so do not lose hope.
Cheers

Jefymum

Post by Jefymum » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Date of approval: 20th October
Invitation recipient: 13 January
Emailed Hounslow Council, called back next two days later and offered free virtual ceremony for 7th April, thanks to this forum I requested for private ceremony...£125 for 26th January.
Virtual ceremony....took less than 15 minutes. Picked up certificate 5 mins after ceremony. All done now...I'm over the moon. good luck to all who are waiting. Thanks Cullinan and all moderators. Where is Obie? He was very helpful in my EEA journey

Teedee
Newly Registered

Post by Teedee » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Jefymum wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:00 pm

Emailed Hounslow Council, called back next two days later and offered free virtual ceremony for 7th April, thanks to this forum I requested for private ceremony...£125 for 26th January.
Virtual ceremony....took less than 15 minutes. Picked up certificate 5 mins after ceremony. All done now...I'm over the moon. good luck to all who are waiting. Thanks Cullinan and all moderators. Where is Obie? He was very helpful in my EEA journey
Congratulations 🎉 🎉🎉

Jefymum

Post by Jefymum » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Teedee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:07 pm
Jefymum wrote:

Congratulations 🎉 🎉🎉
Thank you....16 years after I came to this country...thank God

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Bong_UK wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:55 am
Hi All,
I have been following this thread with some interest for the last few years from ILR application to Citizenship. I can share my experience about the citizenship journey which some might find useful.
Applied for Citizenship: August 10th, 2020
Uploaded documents through IDV app in September 2020
Confirmation of successful application 26th of October 2020
Citizenship Ceremony booking email from Cambridgeshire council: 20th January 2021
Citizenship ceremony booked: 4th March (earliest available) Group ceremony, in person.
Citizenship invitation letter from Home Office: 25th January 2021
The date on the citizenship invitation letter from the Home office: 4th January 2021. It took almost three weeks for the letter to arrive :cry:
Hopefully, the 4th of March will be smooth sailing and the end of this tumultuous journey. Thanks to the forum members for the support and information all along. All the best to all people waiting. I think the process is getting better so do not lose hope.
Cheers
yes they use 2nd class post. But the approach is 3rd class really given they charge 1300 for the application fee

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:24 pm

Congratulations @Jefymum.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

PhantomPermit
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by PhantomPermit » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:25 pm

loleadan wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:52 am
Hello guys,

Thank you
i live in cambs waiting for invitation. They pretty shit and slow

Bazaar

Post by Bazaar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:54 pm

Jefymum wrote:

Congrats !
can I ask you, since I'm with Hounslow council as well.. still waiting for the invitation but if you do a private ceremony at Hounslow council, is it just you and maybe a guest? do they take a photo with a portrait with the Queen, do they give you anything besides the certificate ?
thanks