ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Point on Driving licence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan51214

Point on Driving licence

Post by Khan51214 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 am

Hi ,

All seniors members help needed as you guys helped me before .

I am planning to apply naturalisation application after 5th feb 2021 as i am eligible i got ILR ON 5TH FEB 2020 . I have one question to ask

In june 2018 i received 6 penalty points on my driving licence for No insurance and endorsement for LC20 . I declared these penalty points on my ILR application and received without any problems now i heard that i cannot apply naturalisation until 3 years pass. I am confused here as my DBS is clean no problem there.

Can i apply now naturalisation or Cannot?

Thanks in advance

Khan51214

Re: Point on Driving licence

Post by Khan51214 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:31 am

Khan51214 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 am
Hi ,

All seniors members help needed as you guys helped me before .

I am planning to apply naturalisation application after 5th feb 2021 as i am eligible i got ILR ON 5TH FEB 2020 . I have one question to ask

In june 2018 i received 6 penalty points on my driving licence for No insurance and endorsement for LC20 . I declared these penalty points on my ILR application and received without any problems now i heard that i cannot apply naturalisation until 3 years pass. I am confused here as my DBS is clean no problem there.

Can i apply now naturalisation or Cannot?

Thanks in advance
I RECEIVED PENALTY POINTS FROM COURT .

In 2019 when i applied ILR i request PNC from police data base they told me they do not hold any data of me and also nothing on DBS.

SO received my ILR . NOW i need to apply naturalisation little bit confused.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Do you think we do not sleep at night?

You should wait 3 years from the date of conviction.

ILR falls under the immigration rules, Nationality falls under the Nationality laws and good character requirements.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:19 pm
Do you think we do not sleep at night?

You should wait 3 years from the date of conviction.

ILR falls under the immigration rules, Nationality falls under the Nationality laws and good character requirements.
Thank you for your reply cullinan

Any more opinion on this seniors Zimba ,Croo1 ,Marcnath

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:29 pm

A fine counts as a criminal conviction and forms part of someone’s criminal record. Fines must be declared and may result in refusal if received within the last three years. Failure to declare may result in an application being refused on the grounds of deception.
A fixed penalty notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in line with the sentence imposed by the court.
Page 17
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:29 pm
A fine counts as a criminal conviction and forms part of someone’s criminal record. Fines must be declared and may result in refusal if received within the last three years. Failure to declare may result in an application being refused on the grounds of deception.
A fixed penalty notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in line with the sentence imposed by the court.
Page 17
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Thank you again

1. I received PNC report there is nothing mention in the report regarding points received by court or conviction.

2. I received DBS and nothing mention there its all clear.

3. I received SAR when they check on me nothing comes up all come up as TRACE.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:59 pm

You will have to declare your criminal conviction in the AN form. If you do not, you risk being caught up in deception and a ban of 10 years. The safest will be to apply in June 2021.

Note not all criminal convictions are recordable offences and does not show on criminal records but you must declare for AN.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:05 pm

Also the 6 points endorsed on your license will show up on DVLA record.

The criminal conviction even if spent must still be declared. Yours is very recent anyways. You must declare it even if you apply in June 2021 but it will have no impact then.
Applicants are required to disclose all convictions, regardless of whether or not they are ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (1974 Act). You may take into account any past convictions regardless of when they took place, as nationality decisions are exempt from section 4 of the 1974 Act that provides for certain convictions to become ‘spent’ after fixed periods of time.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/british ... e_declared

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:05 pm
Also the 6 points endorsed on your license will show up on DVLA record.

The criminal conviction even if spent must still be declared. Yours is very recent anyways. You must declare it even if you apply in June 2021 but it will have no impact then.
Applicants are required to disclose all convictions, regardless of whether or not they are ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (1974 Act). You may take into account any past convictions regardless of when they took place, as nationality decisions are exempt from section 4 of the 1974 Act that provides for certain convictions to become ‘spent’ after fixed periods of time.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/british ... e_declared

Thank you cullinan

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:08 am

Thank you for your help

As i was reading on AN booklet its says only recordable offence counted towards 3 years wait that recorded on persons criminal record but drive without insurance is not a recordable offence . Correct me if i am wrong.

I understand that i need to disclose these penalty points and i will

A “non-custodial offence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on a
person’s criminal record” includes Fines, Cautions, Warnings and Reprimands,
Community Sentences, Civil Orders, Hospital Orders & Restriction Orders and
Potential Court Orders.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:24 am

A fine counts as a criminal conviction and forms part of someone’s criminal record.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:37 am

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Thank you .

I had 6 points IN10 before in 2013 which is removed and got again because of LC20 in 2018 .

MY QUESTION DO I NEED TO DECLARE those which i had in 2013?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 pm

By court? or FPN?

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 pm
By court? or FPN?
Not by court . Police give me on the spot . I did not challenge .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:03 pm

Khan51214 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 pm
By court? or FPN?
Not by court . Police give me on the spot . I did not challenge .
Since it is not a criminal conviction (FPN alone is not a criminal conviction) plus it is old and the points endorsed on your license are deleted also, I would not bother to declare it.

I had a SP30 speeding FPN and 3 points. It was old and no record on DVLA when I applied. I did not declare it and had no issues.

I am assuming it was a FPN and not a courts summons you got.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Correction: I just checked the AN form. It specifically asks to declare any penalty for example no motoring insurance. You will have to declare this also. Note, however, it will not impact your AN application.

PS: Be careful do not get any more FPNs/convictions before you apply and become British.
At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance
An arrest or charge for which you are currently on, or awaiting trial
A caution, warning, reprimand or other penalty A civil court judgment against you, for example for non payment of debt, bankruptcy proceedings or anti-social behaviour
A civil penalty issued under UK immigration law

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Thank for reply .

One more question which documents do i provide to home office for this

(You must have lived in the UK for at least 5 years before the date of your application.)

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:26 pm

Passport stamps covering the 5 year period.

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:00 pm

Thank you

One more question

I am on low income on universal credit as i get rent and we live in 2 bedroom house me,wife ,daughter recently my brother came to live with me for few months . Is this gonna be any problem for me as i showed to hmrc that we only 3 people live in the house . Am i gonna get in trouble for this if they finf out somehow and citizenship application get refuse?

Please guide me on this

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Any advise with this .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:17 pm

You are overthinking. Stop creating issues that aren't there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Khan51214

Post by Khan51214 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:19 pm

ok Thank youuu