ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) DECISION MAIL MINUS DECISION LETTER

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

R695
Newly Registered
Mood:

SET (M) DECISION MAIL MINUS DECISION LETTER

Post by R695 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:32 pm

We applied for ILR Set(M) on 14 Sep 2020. We then waited, & waited, until today when we received a mail from UKVI (Friday afternoon) stating a decision had been made, & was detailed in the attached (508 byte) letter. Unfortunately, we were initially unable to open the attachment - something about unable to preview, try later. She-who-must-be-obeyed opened it using Libre-Office, only to show a blank page!!
So we have a decision after 5.5 months of mental torture, we just don't know what it is.
A second attachement was a BRP Information Leaflet, which did open, & gives some hope as it states it is not orthoratative, but that ILR is approved??!!.
Questions -
Do decision mails usually contain an approval plus the BRP leaflet.
Do the BRP cards arrive with a hard copy of the decision letter?
Many thanks for all supporters of this forum, the long wait might be over - fingers crossed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET (M) DECISION MAIL MINUS DECISION LETTER

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Is your current BRP valid? If yes, this may work: Check your RTW status. If it changed to no limits on work, ILR is approved. In majority cases it works. For some, the status is lagged too.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

BRP arrives up to 7-10 working days after approval. You do not need a hard copy of the approval letter if you have the BRP. But, if you really want it, you can chase HO.

Try email:
UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

R695
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by R695 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:07 pm
Is your current BRP valid? If yes, this may work: Check your RTW status. If it changed to no limits on work, ILR is approved. In majority cases it works. For some, the status is lagged too.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

BRP arrives up to 7-10 working days after approval. You do not need a hard copy of the approval letter if you have the BRP. But, if you really want it, you can chase HO.

Try email:
UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk
Many thanks CULLINAN - Wife & daughters BRPs have lapsed, I'm the Brit. I underestand the 7 - 10 days for the BRP delivery IF approved. Can you answer the one about if the decision e-mail includes a BRP info leaflet.pdf as an attachment, it's safe to assume the un-openable letter is an approval? It's sort of logical for the BRP leaflet to acompany an approval, isn't it? Are there any poor souls out there who have had a refusal, did your refusal letter attachment arrive with a BRP info leaflet attachment? We'd just like to be sure before we raise the roof!! I don't want to sit on my hands doing nothing, in case a reply clock is ticking somewhere. Btw, anybody tried to contact UKVI using something other than the 0300 790 6268 number? Or should I send an e-mail straight to the top lady?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:06 pm

The best bet is to use the email I provided above and ask for a copy of the decision letter explaining your decision email had an empty attachment. Any other number you will call will be a wastage of time and energy. I would not worry too much before Friday next week, hopefully you will get your BRP by then.

For now, just sit tight, in my personal opinion, it is an approval, but yes wait for the BRP before you celebrate.
I can understand your wait situation here, but you got to have little more patience.

PS: Try calling TNT on Monday and ask if they have a BRP delivery scheduled for you. Provide your name and address, they will be able to provide details. It can take 1-2 working days to appear on their system though. It may resolve the mystery sooner. Just a suggestion.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

R695
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by R695 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:06 pm
The best bet is to use the email I provided above and ask for a copy of the decision letter explaining your decision email had an empty attachment. Any other number you will call will be a wastage of time and energy. I would not worry too much before Friday next week, hopefully you will get your BRP by then.

For now, just sit tight, in my personal opinion, it is an approval, but yes wait for the BRP before you celebrate.
I can understand your wait situation here, but you got to have little more patience.

PS: Try calling TNT on Monday and ask if they have a BRP delivery scheduled for you. Provide your name and address, they will be able to provide details. It can take 1-2 working days to appear on their system though. It may resolve the mystery sooner. Just a suggestion.
Thanks again. I have sent an e-mail to that address you said, but as I said, I'm nervous a reply clock is ticking somewhere. Good steer about contacting TNT though, I'll call maybe next Wednesday. I did see somebody received their BRP cards within 2 days just recently - fingers crossed :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:17 pm

Dont worry about the reply clock ticking. You have told them in writing now, can be used as a proof that the email had an empty attachment. But, as I said, I believe it is an approval.
Probably you will receive the BRP earlier than any sort of reply.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 pm

Also there is a possibility you may or may not receive a TNT tracking email also if your BRP is on the way. Some do receive, some dont.

R695
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by R695 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:36 pm

Many thanks Cullinan, we'll wait a bit more (we've had practice), & see what next week brings. This whole process has left a bitter taste in our mouths. Thanks again.

MYA

Post by MYA » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:52 pm

Try to downtown libreoffice on your laptop and then open the file, that might work

MYA

Post by MYA » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:56 pm

Download