ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizenship referral letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nislam
Newly Registered

Re: UK Citizenship referral letter

Post by nislam » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Would it be a correct approach that I simply follow the list of documents required in our case that exist in the checklist and upload? There are several other documents in your link that might not be required in our application.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:12 pm

nislam wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:56 pm
Many thanks for your prompt response.

Would it be a correct approach that I simply follow the list of documents required in our case that exist in the checklist and upload? There are several other documents in your link that might not be required in our application.
The categories are generic. Not all applies to you. Follow the checklist and upload. As long you upload the required documents in whichever category, you are fine. The above link is just a generic guidance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nislam
Newly Registered

Post by nislam » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:07 pm

Please can I clarify that the date when referee has provided a sign on the referral letter, would this create any problem if the date is after the date of the UK Citizenship online application or it can be any update before the date of appointment for the Biometrics? Kindly confirm please.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:22 pm

Any date before biometrics appointment is fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nislam
Newly Registered

UK Naturalisation decision time

Post by nislam » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Many thanks to all the support provided on the UK Naturalisation and am really grateful. We have completed the Bio-metrics and documentations formalities after visiting the designated UK home office. Although I understand that a decision may take time up to 6 months but would you know how early it can be although it might be difficult in my case since I have submitted total 6 applications including dependents which may take longer time-6months?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 pm

Applications can take anywhere between 2 months to 6 months, sometimes even faster and sometimes beyond the 6 months. Also note that all your applications may not be decided at the same time - so there may be a trickle of approvals coming through.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cjv501

Post by cjv501 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 pm
nislam wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Many thanks. But the problem is that they are not even replying via email or in writing. It is all over telephonic conversation.
Just explain the situation in the cover letter. HO will believe at face value. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children. Also, given corona, you can not be chasing GP’s and health visitors for reference anyways. Just explain, arrange other referee as stated above. You will be okay.
Could you please upload draft letter please? I have the same issue, hard to give professional reference(GP, teachers) . I will appreciate if upload draft letter. I have applied MN1 form for my son(born in uk) last week but BRP appointment on 23rd march.
Thanks,

cjv501

Post by cjv501 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:05 pm

cjv501 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:37 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 pm
nislam wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm
Many thanks. But the problem is that they are not even replying via email or in writing. It is all over telephonic conversation.
Just explain the situation in the cover letter. HO will believe at face value. HO is not strict when it comes to referees for young children. Also, given corona, you can not be chasing GP’s and health visitors for reference anyways. Just explain, arrange other referee as stated above. You will be okay.
Thanks,

Miraj
Newly Registered

Post by Miraj » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi All,
Please guide me, I am in the same situtation as per this topic started where both my daughters born in UK and their first referrals GP and School are not willing to share their Personal and Passport details. I am stuck to proceed further, Shall i please try obtaining a signature with the category of adult and add a cover letter to Home Office with an explanation. Kindly advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Miraj wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 pm
Hi All,
Please guide me, I am in the same situtation as per this topic started where both my daughters born in UK and their first referrals GP and School are not willing to share their Personal and Passport details. I am stuck to proceed further, Shall i please try obtaining a signature with the category of adult and add a cover letter to Home Office with an explanation. Kindly advise.
Please continue in your own existing topic rather than tagging onto other members threads.

british-citizenship/passport-or-travel- ... l#p1988325
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Miraj
Newly Registered

Post by Miraj » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:04 pm
Miraj wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 pm
Hi All,
Please continue in your own existing topic rather than tagging onto other members threads.

british-citizenship/passport-or-travel- ... l#p1988325
Sorry done as requested