ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second visa has not been backdated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Britney_vicious
Newly Registered
Russia

Second visa has not been backdated

Post by Britney_vicious » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi lovely people

If anyone can advise when is the earliest I can apply for ILR.

My first visa was granted for 30 months 10/05/18-10/11/20.

I've applied to extend on 02/11/20 and the second one was granted for 31 months 27/01/2021-23/08/23.

Does anyone have an idea why they have not backdated my visa, as it has created a 3-month gap.

Would the 3-month gap count towards the total amount? If so, I shall be able to apply for ILR after 10/05/2023.

If doesn't count, then I only be able to apply after 27/07/2023.

On both previous occasions, I applied in the UK and will do so again for ILR.

Thanks in advance
Bri

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Second visa has not been backdated

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:38 pm

Does anyone have an idea why they have not backdated my visa, as it has created a 3-month gap.
Visas are not 'backdate'. They are valid from the date of decision/approval and not tagged onto the expiry date of the last visa held.
Would the 3-month gap count towards the total amount? If so, I shall be able to apply for ILR after 10/05/2023.
Yes it counts as you applied before the previous visa expiry date and you would have been protected under Section 3C of the immigration meaning the existing visa conditions continue while an application was pending, even if the previous visa expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.