ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application form - Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jamytart
Newly Registered

MN1 Application form - Queries

Post by Jamytart » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:30 pm

Dear All,

I'll be filling out MN1 application form for my child after I have just recevied my ILR email (I know I need to wait for BRP to come through). I have few queries before filing the form:

1) Does it have to be 2 referees even if child is under 3 years?

2) For the referee who has dealt with the child professionally (Teacher etc), I may struggle with that as my child has not started nursery yet. I know it can be done by Health visitor or GP but would Health visitor do this for us as she only visited once for 10-15 mins? I know my friend got denied for his kid from GP where he said he does not do it. In that case, what could be the solution?

3) Do I need to file MN1 application and then a separate application for British passport? I was under impression that passport gets ordered automatically after MN1 application is successful.

4) What's the latest on MN1 form fees which was challenged in the UK court? Is there any chance that fees will be decreased in near future (4-6 weeks) ?

I may have more queries once I start filing the form out but if someone could please answer above for the time being.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application form - Queries

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:40 pm

1. Yes, you need two referees.

2. Ask the health visitor. Impossible for forum members to say if the person will or not.

3. Yes. There is nothing 'automatic', they are two separate application processes. Once the child is registered as British, you then apply for the passport as you need the certificate of registration first.

4. Fees are still £1012. Nothing has changed as yet and UKVI likely appealing the judgement so unlikely to be any change anytime soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks CR001

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:48 pm

What am I supposed to answer for below question on MN1 form for my daughter under 'Parent's Immigration History' ?

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom? Yes or NO ?

I am not an EEA National or family member of EEA National. I got ILR through Tier 2 General and a citizen of Pakistan. If I select 'NO' to this question then where am I going to put my BRP (with ILR) details to prove that I am settled in the UK ?

Under another section called 'Biometric Residence Permit' details, it asks 'Are you able to provide BRP with this application?' I am considering this as my daughter's current Tier 2 dependent BRP, or is it my BRP (with ILR) ?

My apologies for any confusion, form is a little bit more confusing than I thought.

Thanks in advance.

mkhan83
Ireland

Post by mkhan83 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:28 pm

Jamytart wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:30 pm

2) For the referee who has dealt with the child professionally (Teacher etc), I may struggle with that as my child has not started nursery yet. I know it can be done by Health visitor or GP but would Health visitor do this for us as she only visited once for 10-15 mins? I know my friend got denied for his kid from GP where he said he does not do it. In that case, what could be the solution?
Hi there
I hope this will help you
My child (10 month old at the time of application) registration under MN1 got successfully in January 21. I applied in October 2020.
My First referee (engage with the child applicant in professional capacity) was local pharmacist as health visitors and local G.Ps refused to do non NHS work. Try your local pharmacist
Even if can't find a professional referee then you can any British National who knows you and child applicant very well can act as referee. Please mention in cover letter that professional referees couldn't be arranged due to these reasons
Second recond referee was family friend. This family friend was not a relative
Hope it helps

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:30 pm

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom? Yes or NO ?
Under another section called 'Biometric Residence Permit' details, it asks 'Are you able to provide BRP with this application?' I am considering this as my daughter's current Tier 2 dependent BRP, or is it my BRP (with ILR) ?

1) No
2) Daughter’s BRP details.

There is a question in the start where the form asks if the parent is settled. You do not have to input your ILR details. You will provide a copy of the ILR BRP as evidence with the documents.

Just answer what the form asks. It will be less confusing then.

Referee:
HO is not strict with referees in case of young children. IF GP/health visitor refuses, add a cover letter and explain the same. Arrange someone else as per the adult criteria. No issue.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:17 pm

Thanks for the guidance.

Is the Child able to travel in and out of the UK whilst MN1 application is under process?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:26 pm

Jamytart wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:17 pm
Thanks for the guidance.

Is the Child able to travel in and out of the UK whilst MN1 application is under process?
Yes but must come back to UK before current visa validity.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:40 pm

Also if you are planning to travel to Pakistan, I am sure you know it is in the UK’s red list effective 9Apr.

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:02 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:40 pm
Also if you are planning to travel to Pakistan, I am sure you know it is in the UK’s red list effective 9Apr.
Thanks Cullinan. Yes I am aware of Pakistan being put on the Red list. I was just taking all this into consideration thay if I need to travel then I can.

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Is there any form that I need to donwload to fullfil below requirement on document checklist for MN1:

" A letter of consent from xxx's (my child) parents or legal guardian"

Do I need to write a letter myself and sign the same by myself and spouse?

Is there any template available or shall I just write my own? What exactly needs to be written please

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:12 pm

I used this for my daughter. You may use too:
Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Print, fill, sign, scan, upload.

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:12 pm
I used this for my daughter. You may use too:
Consent to the application:

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Print, fill, sign, scan, upload.
Hi Cullinan,

Thanks again. Just so everyone knows, there is a consent form available to download right at the end just before you submit the application. It is more or less exactly what mentioned above.

There are actually 3 pages available in that document. 1st for parents, 2nd for Guardian and 3rd for child himself. We just need to fill the first form as parents and leave the rest 2 blank I'm assuming? They don't even need to be scanned back in as blank pages?

Jamytart
Newly Registered

Post by Jamytart » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:56 am

Can anyone please confirm ?

Appreciate your time and efforts

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:17 pm

You only need to sign the parent(s) part if that applies in your case. Leave the rest blank or mention N/A.