ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Employment Details for Naturalisation

Post by UzomaPhilips » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:33 pm

Hello All,

Applying for Naturalisation end of Aprilas spous of Brit after being granted ILR. Couple of questions to be sure that I have got things rights or understand it properly.

1. Referess Forms - It should be my passport photo and not the referees?

2. Job History - I have help some odd jobs as a student- cleaning, porter, mail sorter, customer service etc and never for too long either via recruitment agencies since I arrived in the UK in 2011. Do I have to provide details about all of them? I don't recollect many of them at all. This is the bit I am most worried about as I have only provided information so far about my 2 current jobs which have been my mainstay since 2017.

3. I currently hold 2 jobs and will be resigning the 2nd job in May. In the employment section, I am unable to leave the end date for the additional job blank so I have added a random date in May. Will this be a problem?

4. Do I have to attach P60s for all current and past jobs?

I am happy to attach a letter explaining any information I do not hold or remember

5. Proof of living in the UK - As a non-EEA spouse of a British citizen, I understand I should only provide 3 years evidence. I have provided evidence of my first visa in 2011, my first FLR (M) BRP in 2017 and employment contract since 2017. Will these suffice?

Hopefully someone can say I am overthinking. Thanks for the help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Employment Details for Naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:45 am

UzomaPhilips wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:33 pm
Hello All,

Applying for Naturalisation end of Aprilas spous of Brit after being granted ILR. Couple of questions to be sure that I have got things rights or understand it properly.

1. Referess Forms - It should be my passport photo and not the referees?
Yes

2. Job History - I have help some odd jobs as a student- cleaning, porter, mail sorter, customer service etc and never for too long either via recruitment agencies since I arrived in the UK in 2011. Do I have to provide details about all of them? I don't recollect many of them at all. This is the bit I am most worried about as I have only provided information so far about my 2 current jobs which have been my mainstay since 2017.
No need to worry. Just give the recruitement agency name and provide estimate dates. Date(s) is if known question. Estimates are okay too. As long you did not work illegally, no issues.

3. I currently hold 2 jobs and will be resigning the 2nd job in May. In the employment section, I am unable to leave the end date for the additional job blank so I have added a random date in May. Will this be a problem?
The online form only lets you add one current job. Information should be accurate as of the date of application. If you apply in April, it is not advisable to mention a post ending date of May. Your employment is not relevant, even if you are unemployed is okay. Just to mention the other job, for now mention the start date in the additional notes at the end of the form and ongoing. When it ends does not matter. Your employment status is irrelevant for citizenship application

4. Do I have to attach P60s for all current and past jobs?
No

I am happy to attach a letter explaining any information I do not hold or remember

5. Proof of living in the UK - As a non-EEA spouse of a British citizen, I understand I should only provide 3 years evidence. I have provided evidence of my first visa in 2011, my first FLR (M) BRP in 2017 and employment contract since 2017. Will these suffice?
You are confusing two things here. You must declare ALL UK immigration applications in the AN form and UK employment history for the last 10 years where the form asks. Both of them is NOT the proof of living in UK. Since you are non-EEA citizen, proof of living simply is: Passport(s) and stamps covering last 3 years qualifying period, You do NOT need anything else

Hopefully someone can say I am overthinking.
Thanks for the help.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Naturalization Referee

Post by UzomaPhilips » Fri May 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi all,
Just realised on my naturalisation application the two referees I used were:

1. A medical doctor
2. A virtual Sales Manager.

Just had a look at the list of professions that qualify and neither are listed. Only found out as my wife was filling out a referee form for someone else. I was under the impression a medical Dr would be fine

Should I be concerned? And if so, whom can I email with a new referee form to remedy the situation?

Davido9177
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization Referee

Post by Davido9177 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:01 pm

Medical doctor did sign for me and it was ok. there is no overthinking with this people :D

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Fri May 07, 2021 8:03 pm

Davido9177 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:01 pm
Medical doctor did sign for me and it was ok. there is no overthinking with this people :D
Whew... Thanks for the reassurance. I just reposted now as new topic just as you replied.

Hopefully all goes well but I'm sure they'll contact me if there are any concerns.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Please do not start a new topic for each question you have. Keep all questions on the same application in this topic please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UzomaPhilips
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by UzomaPhilips » Fri May 07, 2021 8:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:12 pm
Please do not start a new topic for each question you have. Keep all questions on the same application in this topic please.
Sorry about that. I thought my question would be missed as I merged it into an old post.