ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Other names - do i need to declare my birth name as well

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Spouse with naturalisation certificate

Post by nuddydian » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi.
Finally i recieved my naturalisation certificate.
Question - can my wife who is on ilr apply now on the basis of my citizenship letter. Or does she need to wait for my british passport to arrive?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Spouse with naturalisation certificate

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:27 pm

nuddydian wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:18 pm
Hi.
Finally i recieved my naturalisation certificate.
Question - can my wife who is on ilr apply now on the basis of my citizenship letter. Or does she need to wait for my british passport to arrive?
Thanks
Naturalisation certificate yes NOT citizenship letter. She does not have to wait for your British Passport. She can apply now given she meets all other AN requirements also. Upload the copy of the naturalisation certificate.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Post by nuddydian » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm

Sorry i was confused.

I went to ceremony today with my council and did the oath. they gave me a naturalisation certificate which says i am british citizen effective from today.

Now question is - can my wife apply who is on ILR now as a BC spouse?
Can she apply using my naturalisation certificate? Or Does she need to wait for my bc passport?
And does it matter that i was non-bc when she got ILR.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:14 am

She can apply now as per Section 6(2) BNA 1981 being married to a British Citizen on the date of application. Past does not matter.

Obviously given she meets all other requirements such as residence, physical presence in UK at the start of the qualifying period, good character etc.

Upload the copy of your naturalisation certificate you got from your council. In fact this is the proof that you are British.

British Passport is only a travel document, not the proof of your British Citizenship.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Can I use same ILR ELPS and AQLS NAIRC certificate for naturalisation

Post by nuddydian » Sat May 01, 2021 11:04 am

Hi,
Need small help - as i am confused again.

Question 1 - Can I use same NAIRC certificate that i used in ILR which says AQLS - UK equivalent master degree. And ELPS confirming English CEFR at C1 level.

Question 2 -
On AN guidance it says your ELPS "an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) showing that your degree was taught in English."

But my ELPS cerifiticate says "UK NARIC has performed an evaluation of your qualification. The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1".

As you can see it does not clearly say what AN guidance requires. But i think they both are same point. Question is do I need to apply for another ELPS via NAIRC? And I cannot use what I used in ILR.

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can I use same ILR ELPS and AQLS NAIRC certificate for naturalisation

Post by nuddydian » Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Any help?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Can I use same ILR ELPS and AQLS NAIRC certificate for naturalisation

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 7:59 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf
Page 19.

I believe if the evidence for English Requirements you submitted for ILR was accepted, it will be accepted for Naturalisation also.

nuddydian
Newly Registered
India

Other names - do i need to declare my birth name as well

Post by nuddydian » Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 am

Hi.
One more question pls.

Before I entered UK - I added my husband lastname and this is reflected in my Indian passport. Plus any BRP or visa i hold in the UK.

The naturalisation application is asking for other names. Do I need to declare my birth name which excludes my husband lastname?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Other names - do i need to declare my birth name as well

Post by CR001 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 am

nuddydian wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 am
Hi.
One more question pls.

Before I entered UK - I added my husband lastname and this is reflected in my Indian passport. Plus any BRP or visa i hold in the UK.

The naturalisation application is asking for other names. Do I need to declare my birth name which excludes my husband lastname?
1. All topics merged. Please keep a question in one topic, this one.

2. Yes, you have to state your previous names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.