ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does anyone have any experience applying with form UKF?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandalynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Question on "Fully Submitted Application"

Post by mandalynn » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:34 pm

Hi there,

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else was/is in a similar situation.

I applied for British Citizenship with the UKF registration form. I filled everything out, and then went to register my biometrics on Dec. 16th 2020, and also submitted all of my supporting documents while I was there too.

I guess I'm curious if that was it? I've had no contact since then, and I can't reach out yet as it hasn't been the 6 months or more. I didn't get a confirmation email or anything. I do remember receiving a text saying everything was submitted correctly, but I'm curious did anyone else receive any other sort of confirmation?

I'm trying to remain patient, but just a bit anxious as I've had zero contact since then. Also: does anyone know the average processing timeline?

Thank you!

etienneg
Newly Registered
France

Re: Question on "Fully Submitted Application"

Post by etienneg » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Same here.

I've submitted the application, uploaded documents and attended a biometrics appointment. Yet the link in the payment confirmation email still takes me to the further steps page that tells me to book a biometrics appointment.

The UKVCAS website shows my documents as submitted but allows more to be uploaded. The manage your appointment option still allows me to cancel my appointment (which I attended 2 weeks ago).

I've not received any communication since the biometrics appointment.

mandalynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mandalynn » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Same here!

I attended my appointment months ago, but when clicking on the link it still gives me an option to cancel my appointment and upload my documents. How bizarre.

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Hopefully we get updates soon!

mandalynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Does anyone have any experience applying with form UKF?

Post by mandalynn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else here has applied for British Citizenship through form UKF. That's when you're born internationally to a British father, whose parents were not married.

So I'm American, and I applied for British Citizenship (submitting everything) on Dec. 16, 2020. I have yet to hear a response, and am a bit anxious as I've had zero contact since then. Only right after I submitted my biometrics, was I told that it was submitted successfully -- which is great.

I'm just curious if anyone else has any experiences applying this way, and what's the wait time like?

I understand with covid it can take longer than 6 months, but was curious what anyone else might have to say. :)

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does anyone have any experience applying with form UKF?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:31 pm

There is a long running existing topic about UKF applications etc.

british-citizenship/new-citizenship-for ... -1120.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

etienneg
Newly Registered
France

Post by etienneg » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:21 am

mandalynn wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:52 pm
Same here!

I attended my appointment months ago, but when clicking on the link it still gives me an option to cancel my appointment and upload my documents. How bizarre.

Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Hopefully we get updates soon!
Just phoned the helpline to check as I was getting worried that I hadn’t received a confirmation and it was confirmed that once the biometrics and pictures are taken there is no correspondence until they approve/deny/ask for information.
Hope this is helpful.