ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship biometrics enroll & ceremonies

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anyuhatfield
Newly Registered
China

citizenship biometrics enroll & ceremonies

Post by anyuhatfield » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:58 pm

Hi All:
Many thanks for your help in advance.
I will be eligible for citizenship after 5 year T2 + 1 Year ILR soon, due to some family reasons i need to leave UK for uncertain time. i am worried about the my ILR revoke, so considering apply citizenship. I have the following questions need your help, apologies is some questions has been answered by other thread.
1) the citizenship application can only be made after 1 year of ILR? I remember the ILR can be submitted before 28 days of 5 year T2, there is no 28 days rule for citizenship?
2) all the application is online, so i can keep my BRP and passport?
3) Can the biometrics metric be collected oversea? I am planning to go to aboard within 4 weeks after submission, so worried i can't have time to find available time for biometrics collection within 4 weeks.
4) The ceremony invitation is send by POST or email? I am not sure where i will be at time, so may miss the post.
5) The ceremony has to be held in the council where i was leaving when i made application? Or i can book ceremony in any UK council ? Does it need to check my living address to book it?

Many thanks for your help
Eddy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: citizenship biometrics enroll & ceremonies

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:17 am

1. There is NO 28 days early concession for citizenship, it is not an immigration application.

2. Yes.

3. No, you have to enroll biomterics at ukcvas in the UK.

4. Some get an email,many get a postal letter.

5. It will be at the council you live in unless you state another council in the inline form when you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.