ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa expires in July can she apply ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mdfaizanpk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 1 dependent visa expires in July can she apply ILR

Post by mdfaizanpk » Mon May 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi everyone,
I’ve got my ILR in Dec 2019 and applied for naturalisation which is in process.
My question is that my wife came in 2016 as a dependent of tier-1 and then we applied for extension and we got the visa till July 2021 but in the mean time I changed my route as I mentioned went on 10 years basis for Indefinite. And luckily my wife spent 5 years in the UK can she apply directly ILR or do I have to apply for her anyother visa like family visa..
Please help, my solicitors is saying he will apply indefinite for her on super priority basis.but I don’t really have trust on him.
Please advise..🙏🏼🙏🏼

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa expires in July can she apply ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:34 am

And luckily my wife spent 5 years in the UK can she apply directly ILR

No she cannot apply for ILR based on 5 years tier 1 dependent if you got ilr based on 10 years long residence.
or do I have to apply for her anyother visa like family visa..
Yes, this is the only option she has, FLR M if she meets the English and financial requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.