ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application need to knows for my 10 year old step-daughter

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mavsfanuk
Newly Registered

Application need to knows for my 10 year old step-daughter

Post by Mavsfanuk » Sat May 29, 2021 10:29 am

Hi all,

My wife is American and living here on her second spousal visa, she has agreed with her daughters father that she can school in England this upcoming year and longer if she likes it. An independent school has offered her a place but will not be sponsoring her, myself and my wife will be financial sponsors. We want to get this right so what are the potential pitfalls to avoid when making her application please? It seems fairly straightforward but our advisor has told us of one case where the visa was denied in similar circumstances and we’re now a little apprehensive. Many thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Application need to knows for my 10 year old step-daughter

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:35 am

Mavsfanuk wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:29 am
We want to get this right so what are the potential pitfalls to avoid when making her application please? It seems fairly straightforward but our advisor has told us of one case where the visa was denied in similar circumstances and we’re now a little apprehensive.
The school itself is in the best position to advise on a Child Student visa application.

Obviously the applicant must meet all the requirements of the visa. The only relevant potential "pitfall" I can think of is if a Child Student applicant aged 16 or 17 is seen as not genuine. This might be what the advisor is talking about. Perhaps the other student was 16 or 17 and the parent was trying to use the Child Student visa to get around the normal dependant visa rules.

If the applicant is 16 or 17, see the Student and Child Student route caseworker guidance, page 14:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dent-route
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Re: Application need to knows for my 10 year old step-daughter

Post by vinny » Sun May 30, 2021 1:23 pm

If you are settled or British, then it may also be possible for child to live with you and her mother.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.