ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Re-send application form for Re-consideration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

regcheck
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Re-send application form for Re-consideration

Post by regcheck » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 pm

Hello

I have applied for citizenship application form in Feb 2021 and today I have received below email stating that I need to resend my application form for re-consideration but I don’t understand the problem with my application form here and what is the reason for resending it ?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

I refer to your application for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981.
A person applying under this section is required to have been in the United Kingdom on the actual date 3 years before making the application.

However, if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application form back to this address, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is sent back to the email address and, to avoid any further problems, the application form should be returned before 14 July 2021.
If you do not reply by the due date your application will be refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying period.
If you have difficulty providing the information requested, you should contact us by email or letter as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

dexmo

Re: Naturalisation Re-send application form for Re-consideration

Post by dexmo » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:29 pm

regcheck wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 pm
Hello

I have applied for citizenship application form in Feb 2021 and today I have received below email stating that I need to resend my application form for re-consideration but I don’t understand the problem with my application form here and what is the reason for resending it ?

I refer to your application for naturalisation as a British citizen under section 6(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981.
A person applying under this section is required to have been in the United Kingdom on the actual date 3 years before making the application.

However, if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application form back to this address, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is sent back to the email address and, to avoid any further problems, the application form should be returned before 14 July 2021.
If you do not reply by the due date your application will be refused on the grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential qualifying period.
If you have difficulty providing the information requested, you should contact us by email or letter as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance
In your absences did you declare you've been out of the country in Feb 2018, the date that coincides with your Feb 2021 application date? That will be the problem. As the email states, you must have been physically present exactly 3 years before your application date. Re-declare your application date and send it back to them making sure you were not out of the country 3 years before your re-declared date.

regcheck
Newly Registered

Post by regcheck » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Thank you!

Yes I did mention my absence period details in the application form but however I will resend-it but where should I re-declare my application date ?
Also how do I resend my application form via post and also by replying to email which I received ?

Thanks in advance

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:16 pm

regcheck wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 pm
Hello

Thanks in advance
Hi regcheck,

It means 3 years before the date of your application, you were not in the UK and home office gave you a chance to resubmit your application and then they can consider your application. I have seen on this forum some people reply the email to resubmit the form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:54 pm

You were advised of the physical presence requirement in February 2021 before you applied when you asked questions. Unclear why you didn't plan accordingly if you were absence on the same date 3 years ago as the date you submitted and paid online.

british-citizenship/apply-for-naturalis ... l#p1988141
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.