ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jazz33
Newly Registered

Name Change

Post by Jazz33 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:46 pm

Hi All,

I got my ILR about 3 years ago and now to planning to apply for naturalization. My query is: i need to change my surname, what would be the process for that?

Should i update first on my current (Pakistani) passport , secondly update on my ILR BRP and then apply for naturalization OR it can be can done directly while applying for naturalization?

I am bit confuse, i would appreciate your help.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Name Change

Post by CR001 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm

You need to update your Pakistan passport before you apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jazz33
Newly Registered

Post by Jazz33 » Fri May 21, 2021 10:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm
You need to update your Pakistan passport before you apply for citizenship.
Thanks for this.
After updating my name on my current passport do i need to update BRP as well? If so, i would appreciate if you please tell me the process :)

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 23, 2021 3:54 pm

The guidance says you have to update details on BRP in case of a name change within 3 months of the change, otherwise you could be fined.
However, in your case, you are applying for Naturalisation and will be returning your BRP after Naturalisation. So an updated BRP does not make sense at this stage if you do not plan to travel.
As long you do not plan to travel, I believe a clarification in the cover letter should suffice.
But if you plan to travel, you should get the name updated. Note it can take good few months to get a replacement/updated BRP.
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jazz33
Newly Registered

Referees for Citizenship

Post by Jazz33 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:40 pm

Hi All

I am applying for Naturalization (Tier 2 G --> ILR --> Naturalization). I need to ask couple of things:

1) I added two referees both Software consultant, British citizen and over 25 years of age, would they fulfil requirements of Home Office which is "one  referee  should  be  a  person  of  any  nationality  who  has   professional  standing," (I can not see Software consultant in the list)

2) Which documents i need to submit with the application (i stated above i am applying via 5 year route)

Many Thanks
J.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referees for Citizenship

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:36 am

1) You need ONE referee who has a professional standing as per HO guidance.

2) Follow the documents checklist which will be generated at the end of the online form and guidance.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.