ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UC application for the first time

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atikur

UC application for the first time

Post by atikur » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:31 am

Hi,

I am the main applicant(british) and my wife (ILR-Bangladeshi) is also entitle to public recourse with our TWO Children (7years, 0 year). We made the application few days ago and my wife had telephone appointment followed by me this morning.
we have a lodger agreement with the landlord. landlord lives in the same property and he is not our relative or cousin in reality but we have a very good relationship.

Agent asked a lot of questons and in one point he was asking if Landlord is related to me (we have the same surname). he was persistently asking and my wife said YES. HE IS MY HUSBAND'S COUSIN.
So, they were not taking housing cost in consideration.

When the same agent called me afterwards he didn't ask me too many questions..he even didn't realise that i mentioned i am self employed. I told him that I mentioned, I am self employed in the application. Then he booked an appointment for 'First Commitments Appointment'. Nothing else he asked me. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT first commitment appoint is.
Then I tried to rectify the mistake that my wife made. Agent was not interested it appeared to me. he was saying your wife said he was your brother and you have the same surname (our spelling is different though).
Agent said that to fill the Change of Circumstance section and upload the Tenancy agreement. Which i did from my account and also from wife's account.

So, now I am PANICKING what could happen and what else could I do. I already added a note in the journal explaing the mistake.

Please someone advise me . thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: UC application for the first time

Post by JB007 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:19 pm

Are you sharing this username with your brother/cousin?
claiming-benefits/what-benefit-am-i-ent ... l#p1496725

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:42 pm

atikur wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:31 am
I am the main applicant(british) and my wife (ILR-Bangladeshi) is also entitle to public recourse with our TWO Children (7years, 0 year). We made the application few days ago and my wife had telephone appointment followed by me this morning.
we have a lodger agreement with the landlord. landlord lives in the same property and he is not our relative or cousin in reality but we have a very good relationship.

This one using this username, has the same age children as you but rents the property and sublets rooms.
atikur wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:59 pm
I got two kids. one is 7 other one is 6months. We live in a 3 bedroom property from a private tenant. We sublet rooms.
2. if i am entitled for two bedroom house and still wanna live in the current house (3bedroom), how best to do it? As an example if my whole house rent is £1400pcm and i rent out a room to somebody for £400pcm will my housing benefit be affected. In my borough two bedroom entitlement is around £1200. so will goverment adjust this £400 out of total £1400 house rent and pay me only £1000?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Are these two topics below yours too??? Any reason why you keep starting new topics with the same or similar questions???

claiming-benefits/wife-hs-completed-5ye ... l#p1983555

claiming-benefits/first-time-benefit-cl ... l#p1999919
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

atikur

Post by atikur » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:36 pm

Hi Admin,

This is completely different topic. Previously I was thinking and seeking advice for benefit but now my wife's settlement is done and I happened to apply for universal credit. Well, if you think it is same post then you can kindly join it to the previous posts, but for me this is completely new topic and other people who are similar situation (made a mistake with information) they can easily be beneficial from this topic.

thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:58 am

JB007 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:19 pm
Are you sharing this username with your brother/cousin?
In this one you are the lodger and the lanldord lives with you.
atikur wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:31 am
This is the person who rents the 3 bedroom property and sublets rooms.
atikur wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:59 pm
We live in a 3 bedroom property from a private tenant. We sublet rooms. we have almost 10k total in the banks (household savings dreaming to buy a house).

2. if i am entitled for two bedroom house and still wanna live in the current house (3bedroom), how best to do it? As an example if my whole house rent is £1400pcm and i rent out a room to somebody for £400pcm will my housing benefit be affected.

atikur

Post by atikur » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 pm

Circumstance has changed. So, this is the first time I have applied for the benefit but as i said, my wife did some mistake saying that landlord is my cousin. I have corrected it and uploaded the housing contract again and also left a small note about my wife's mistake in the journal. they never got back to me to rectify anything, thats what is panicking me.