ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicant on ILR - looking for child and wife visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashwinjshetty9886
Newly Registered
India

Visa for baby born in India

Post by ashwinjshetty9886 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi Experts,

I have a query here, Looks like it is similar to one you guys are discussing here.

I'm currently on ILR visa and my wife is holding an ILR dependent visa, do I need to apply for ILR dependent visa for my child ? If Yes, Do I need to pay surcharges ?

Could you please help me find the right application form in UKBA website ?

Thanks,
Ashwin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for baby born in India

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:43 pm

1. Do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics whose circumstances are different to yours

2. The child applies for the same category visa as your partner. Child visa under appendix FM.

3. Yes, you have to pay the visa fee and immigration health surcharge.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashwinjshetty9886
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashwinjshetty9886 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for the reply.

Have I got the right application details below:

Select a visa type
Non-British child of a parent who has permission to be in the UK as a partner or spouse of a British citizen or person settled in the UK granted permission under the Rules in place before 9 July 2012

Non-British child of a parent, parents or relative who are British citizens or settled in the UK

Non-British child of a relative who has limited leave in the UK as a refugee or receiving humanitarian protection

Non-British adopted child or child for adoption in the UK of a parent or parents who are British citizens or settled in the UK.

Thanks,
Ashwin

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm

It's the first option.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1626974728
Apply separately
Which form you need to fill in depends on whether your parent has leave to enter or remain in the UK on a 5 or 10-year route to settlement as the partner of:

a British or Irish citizen
a person with indefinite leave to remain
a person settled in the UK - for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
a person from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein who has pre-settled status - they must have started living in the UK before 1 January 2021
a person with a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa
a person with refugee status or humanitarian protection
If they do, you must fill in the Appendix FM online form.
Please also refrain from constantly posting your full name and surname. This is a public forum and we have many scammers and scammers here daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashwinjshetty9886
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashwinjshetty9886 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Thanks for coming back to me quickly CR001. I'll take the advise you have given me in your earlier chat.

I'll now go ahead and make an application for my little one.

Thanks,
Ash

ashwinjshetty9886
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashwinjshetty9886 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:24 am

Hi CR001,

Just a last query for you.

I'm now processing my partners(wife) visa through family route. My wife is currently on spouse/partner visa. Her visa is going to expire in Feb 2022, In order to process my daughters visa I would first need to extend my wife visa or else my daughters visa would only be valid till Feb 2022.

My next question is what application do I need to use for my daughter if I'm applying outside the UK?

Will it be :

Family visas: apply, extend or switch -> Apply as a child ->You were born outside the UK ->Apply from outside the UK -> Apply separately ->the online application form

Link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1635762825

OR

Family visas: apply, extend or switch -> Apply as a child ->You were born outside the UK ->Apply from outside the UK -> Apply at the same time as your parent ->the online application form

Link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1635762825

ashwinjshetty9886
Newly Registered
India

Main applicant on ILR - looking for child and wife visa application

Post by ashwinjshetty9886 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:58 am

Hi Team,

Could you please help me below query:

Note: Both applications are now processed in India (Wife and daughter)

I'm now processing my partners(wife) visa through family route. My wife is currently on spouse/partner visa and myself(husband) on ILR visa. My wife visa is going to expire in Feb 2022, In order to process my daughters, visa I would first need to extend my wife visa or else my daughters visa would only be valid till Feb 2022.

My next question is what application do I need to use for my daughter if I'm applying outside the UK (Daughters is born in India and this is her 1st visa)?My wife currently has a spouse/partner BRP card with her and she is currently in India as well, this BRP card was handed over to my wife in UK. Will VFS India hand over this BRP card to UKBA when she applies for extension visa ?

what application do I need to use for my daughter if I'm applying outside the UK (Daughters is born in India and this is her 1st visa)?

Will it be :

Family visas: apply, extend or switch -> Apply as a child ->You were born outside the UK ->Apply from outside the UK -> Apply separately ->Appendix FM Online Form

OR

Family visas: apply, extend or switch -> Apply as a child ->You were born outside the UK ->Apply from outside the UK -> Apply at the same time as your parent ->Appendix FM Online Form

Under Appendix FM Online form there are two options:

Appendix FM Partner
Appendix FM Child

Thanks,
Ash