ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay outside UK, ILR eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

albat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Overstay outside UK, ILR eligibility

Post by albat » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:24 pm

I am on tier 2 general visa and been outside UK since September 2020 and due to corona and my country Pakistan is on red list, I can't travel back to UK. I wanted to enquire if this duration would affect my ILR (indefinite leave to remain) application eligility? I know about 180 days rule but I read on govuk site that this duration wouldn't affect is there is pandemic issue which is currently happening right now.

Also, my visa is set to expire on 18th October, I am getting a new sponsorship but I was think to stay for a while longer since it's really really expensive being in quarantine and all. How often can I apply for a new VISA without affecting my ILR eligibility.

Thanks