ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE DEFENDANT VISA DURATION IN SAME VISA APPLICATION

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PraveenSK85
Newly Registered

ICT to SKilled Worker Visa - FOR ICT DEPENDANTS

Post by PraveenSK85 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:47 pm

Hello All,

I would need to clarify on below queries and appreciate your time & help !!

Currently am in ICT valid till Jan 2022 and currently processing my Skilled Worker visa. My Spouse is in ICT dependent and am not including her in my SW application process now.

Can I process her application(inside UK) after receiving my Skilled Worker Visa? my last working day with current employer is 14th Nov 2021 and I will get my visa around that time.

Will she can stay in UK and process SW visa post my resignation date( after 14th Nov) ? will there be any legal issue at HO, since my ICT will become Void from 14th Nov 2021 and my new SW visa may start from 15th Nov'21 onward.

Thanks Again !!

PraveenSK85
Newly Registered

SPOUSE DEFENDANT VISA DURATION IN SAME VISA APPLICATION

Post by PraveenSK85 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm applying my Skilled worker Visa for 5 year, but would like to add my spouse in same application and need her dependent Visa validity only for 1 year.

Is it allowed to do it in same application process as my visa is near expiry can't do her's after receiving mine.?

thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SPOUSE DEFENDANT VISA DURATION IN SAME VISA APPLICATION

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Why do you only 'need her visa for 1 year'?

If she is applying as your Skilled Worker dependent, her visa will be for the same duration and expiry date as yours.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PraveenSK85
Newly Registered

Post by PraveenSK85 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:36 pm

thanks CR for quick response.. My wife's employer is ready to sponsor her later this year that's why planned to go with one year with my application.. if it's for 3 or 5 yrs end up in paying IHS fees which wont be necessary to be honest

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 pm

So why doesn't she simply apply for her own Skilled worker visa before her current visa expires?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.