ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent visa extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarkCa

PBS dependent visa extension

Post by MarkCa » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:11 am

Dear,

In November this year I will be applying for ILR. My current visa is Tier 1 Entrepreneur. At the same time, my wife needs to extend her visa as she doesn't qualify yet for ILR (she has 4 years in the UK). Can you please help me by answering the following questions:

1. Should she apply to extend PBS Dependent visa or for any other type? I will be applying for ILR, but I remember reading that if she changes her visa type she would reset her time in the UK and that therefore she should extend her PBS dependent visa and then in one year, when she has 5 years under that visa, she can apply for ILR.

2. Can you please let me know which guidance should we follow for her application? I found this one, but it says that it was archived a few months ago: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... hdrawn.pdf

3. Her current PBS dependent visa is as my unmarried partner, but we got married a month ago so now she is my wife. Is there anything apart from marriage certificate that I should send?

4. Are there any documents we should send other than marriage certificate as proof of our marriage / relationship? We are living together for 4 years now in the UK, and we already had one visa renewal as unmarried partners. We have always lived at the same address and both our names are in apartment rent contract.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependent visa extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:24 pm

1. PBS Dependent visa yes. Any other visa she applies for resets her ILR clock to zero and a new 5 year route to ILR.

2. https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

3. You must send two years proof of cohabitation from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. You need items in both your names covering the period. If she wants her married name on the BRP, she has to change her passport first.

4. See #3 above.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:24 pm
1. PBS Dependent visa yes. Any other visa she applies for resets her ILR clock to zero and a new 5 year route to ILR.

2. https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

3. You must send two years proof of cohabitation from 3 to 6 different sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. You need items in both your names covering the period. If she wants her married name on the BRP, she has to change her passport first.

4. See #3 above.
Thanks for the response! I wasn't able to find pdf guidance on the link you provided, is there any chance you can provide the link for that?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:31 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:38 pm

Perfect, thank you very much!

To clarify, regarding proof of funds, now for pbs visa extension she will need to show 285gbp as per page 20 of the guidance?

I thought that this number is a bit higher, am I looking at the correct number?

Also, in a year from now, when she will be applying for ILR after being PBS dependent for 5 years, will she need any proof of funds? I saw that there is earnings requirement of 18,600, but I am not sure if that is applicable for PBS dependent to ILR application?

Thanks!

MarkCa

Post by MarkCa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:31 pm

Anyone?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:59 pm

If that is what the guidance says for maintenance funds then yes.

There is no maintenance or financial requirement for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)