ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR for tier 1 ent Dependants

Post by Rmawan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:55 am

Dear senior forum members,

I got my British Citizenship, T1 Entrepreneur route.
My wife and two children joined me as PBS dependents few months later and hence they are still on BPS route. Their current leave expire on 26th Nov. whereas they were granted entry clearance on 17 March 2017 and 5 years will complete in March 2022. I have to apply for their PBS dependent visa extension this month. My questions are;
1. What is current practice if someone fails to enroll biometrics for any valid reason? Do they get another chance? I understand there is a time of 2 months to enroll biometrics at UKVCAS Centre.
2. The time calculation for ILR can be 28 days from the date of entry clearance or is it 28 days from date of entry in the UK which is 3rd April 2017? Please clarify?
3. Once the 5 years time is completed, can the applicants switch their application to ILR if not decided by then?
4. If the ILR application stage comes, can I apply for my children's naturalisation instead of ILR as my wife will be applying for ILR and I already have British citizenship?

Any response and reply will be massively appreciated. Thanking you all!
Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for tier 1 ent Dependants

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:23 pm

1. What is current practice if someone fails to enroll biometrics for any valid reason? Do they get another chance? I understand there is a time of 2 months to enroll biometrics at UKVCAS Centre.
You won't be begged to enroll biometrics. If you don't enroll them within the specific time limit, your application can be rejected as invalid which would make the dependents overstayers.
2. The time calculation for ILR can be 28 days from the date of entry clearance or is it 28 days from date of entry in the UK which is 3rd April 2017? Please clarify?
Initial visa issue date!
3. Once the 5 years time is completed, can the applicants switch their application to ILR if not decided by then?
Yes, an application can be VARIED to ILR if undecided at that point.
4. If the ILR application stage comes, can I apply for my children's naturalisation instead of ILR as my wife will be applying for ILR and I already have British citizenship?
If they are born abroad, they require ILR first. There is no shortcut route for children born abroad to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rmawan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:45 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply CR001.

"You won't be begged to enroll biometrics. If you don't enroll them within the specific time limit, your application can be rejected as invalid which would make the dependents overstayers".

My question was;

If there is a valid reason for not attending the UKVCAS appointment, does HO give a 2nd chance?
I understand that previously when biometrics were enrolled at post offices, they used to send a reminder/ warning letter t the applicants who fail to enroll their biometrics within given time.
Is it same with UKVCAS appointments? Or there is only one chance?

"If they are born abroad, they require ILR first. There is no shortcut route for children born abroad to register as British".

Can I not send discretionary ILR application for my children when one parent is British and other is applying for ILR?

Thank you once again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Unlikely a second chance but who knows. You have two months, that should be
more than sufficient time to book an appointment and enroll biometrics.

Your children must apply for ilr when your spouse does. Once your wife and children have ilr, then you can apply to register them as British on form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rmawan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:33 pm

Thank you very much CR001!

This forum is a blessing for immigrants.

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 dependent visa extension

Post by Rmawan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:30 am

Dear forum members,

I am in the same boat. I need to pay IHS for my wife and children's PBS dependent visa extensions where I have got British Citizenship T1 Ent route. On IHS website, it asks for main applicant's;

1. Visa route > Tier 1

2. Visa type >Tier1 Entrepreneur (extension) 2 years.

There is another option of 'Tier 1 Entrepreneur (initial application) 3 years' but I suppose 2 years option is most appropriate as it is an extension application.

3. Visa expiry date which I don't have as, I, the main applicant have become British Citizen.

To my understanding, PBS dependents get 3 years extension if they do not qualify for ILR.

What can be the visa expiry date in this case as system is giving an option of 2 years extension?
Am I choosing right options?

Any help from senior forum members or from someone who has been in similar situation will be much appreciated.

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:03 am

Do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Your threads have been merged.

You put a date 3 years in the future to get the correct IHS. It is a 3 year extension, you cannot choose to apply for less.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rmawan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 dependent visa extension

Post by Rmawan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:20 am

Thank you CR001!