ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Skilled Worker Visa decision pending

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ldam
Newly Registered
India

URGENT: Skilled Worker Visa decision pending

Post by ldam » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:56 pm

Dears,

I have applied for a Skilled Worker visa. (switching from a Tier 2 (General) to new employer). I have submitted biometric on 'priority service'.

Now received email from 'Home Office' that decision is pending because pending payment from sponsor for an amendment (Exact wording: This is because we are waiting for an amendment to be paid by your work sponsor before we can proceed with your application. We have contacted them and we will progress your application once the necessary amendment has been made).

FYI, we recently changed my start date in the CoS so not sure if the 'Home Office' mentioning that amendment. My sponsor also received this mail and they believe there is no payment due.

Please advise on how to proceed on this issue. Need this to be sorted immediately as my joining date is nearby.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT: Skilled Worker Visa decision pending

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm

This could be related to the immigration skills charge your sponsor might be liable for, which they might have not paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:42 pm

Or it could be the employer underpaid because the change of start date increased the length of employment. Anyway, the email to your employer should have explained the reason and how much top-up payment is needed.
Refer to page 61 onward of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... worker.pdf
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:24 pm
This could be related to the immigration skills charge your sponsor might be liable for, which they might have not paid.
Thanks a lot for your response. I understand it is going to take some time to get this sorted. If it delays, I need to delay the separation from my current company as I don't want to resign before the visa decision. In that case my joining date with the new employer will change, so do they need to update the CoS again with the revised date? Can they do it after the decision arrived as well?

Please advise.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:42 pm
Or it could be the employer underpaid because the change of start date increased the length of employment. Anyway, the email to your employer should have explained the reason and how much top-up payment is needed.
Refer to page 61 onward of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... worker.pdf
Thanks a lot for your response and pointers. Will check with the employer if they got these details..

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:28 pm

ldam wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:51 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thanks a lot for your response. I understand it is going to take some time to get this sorted. If it delays, I need to delay the separation from my current company as I don't want to resign before the visa decision. In that case my joining date with the new employer will change, so do they need to update the CoS again with the revised date? Can they do it after the decision arrived as well?

Please advise.
There is no problem and no need to update CoS if your start date is delayed because of visa.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:57 am

ywlgy wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:28 pm
ldam wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Please advise.
There is no problem and no need to update CoS if your start date is delayed because of visa.
Ho great ! So is it ok to continue with the current employer for couple of weeks even after the Visa with new employer has arrived? Coz, am afraid I would not be able to join the new employer as per the start date mentioned in the CoS as I have 4 weeks notice which may overlap with the new employer start date. If yes, is there any action like informing Home office on this etc..?

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:22 pm

ldam wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:57 am
ywlgy wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:28 pm
ldam wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Please advise.
Ho great ! So is it ok to continue with the current employer for couple of weeks even after the Visa with new employer has arrived? Coz, am afraid I would not be able to join the new employer as per the start date mentioned in the CoS as I have 4 weeks notice which may overlap with the new employer start date. If yes, is there any action like informing Home office on this etc..?
Kindly advise on the above.. Also meantime I checked with my sponsor on the mail they got from HO and it is as following,
"We have started consideration of this application, however before we can proceed any further, we require further information.
Can you please amend the work start date on the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? The reason for this is because the work start date cannot be after the CoS expiry date."

Its strange that they have already update the CoS with revised work start date in the 'Sponsor note' before I submit the visa application. So not sure why they again asking to ament the work start date !! Also what is the 'CoS expiry date' means? Please shed some more lights...

FYI. Below are the dates w.r.t visa,
Initial Work Start date in CoS : 02 February 2022
Amended Work Start date (In sponsor note) in CoS: 21/02/2022
Visa application submitted online: 22 Dec 2021
Biometric Date: 12 Jan 2022

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:54 pm

CoS has an expiry date 3 months after it was first issued. This is shown on the first page of CoS.
You may ask the employer to change the start date on sponsor note to before the expiry date. The start date on CoS does not need to be accurate. The employer has another channel to update UKVI your actual start date.

You can work out notice period after the new visa arrives. Check p19 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -12-21.pdf

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:30 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:54 pm
CoS has an expiry date 3 months after it was first issued. This is shown on the first page of CoS.
You may ask the employer to change the start date on sponsor note to before the expiry date. The start date on CoS does not need to be accurate. The employer has another channel to update UKVI your actual start date.

You can work out notice period after the new visa arrives. Check p19 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -12-21.pdf
Thank you so much for your reply. I checked my CoS and could see '09 Feb 2022' as the Expiry date (use by) and revised start date in sponsor note is '21 Feb 2022'. I was in the assumption we should be applying visa before this Expiry date(Use by) but it looks even the work start date should be within the CoS Expiry date. #GoodLearning

One final question please, what is the another channel to update UKVI on my actual start date? I am doing the whole visa process by myself so am afraid if they know this channel hence asking to inform them just in case if they are not aware. Many thanks again :)

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:37 pm

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:37 pm
Check guide 1 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... PBS840.pdf
Thanks a lot for the quick response. Lately I realised, for the IHS payment I had given the work start date as 21 Feb 2022. Now if we prepone/change the work start date in the sponsor note of CoS (say as 08-Feb-2022), will it affect the HO decision or something?

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 pm

You will be notified if any topup IHS payment is required

ldam
Newly Registered
India

Post by ldam » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:18 pm

ok, Thanks a lot for your time and all the responses :)