ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration at Heathrow..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sean7398

Immigration at Heathrow..

Post by Sean7398 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

My wife is due to join me soon on a spouse visa from India. What should she expect at Passport control/ immigration at Heathrow. Can someone direct me to the relevant literature if there is any?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:47 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

HI.

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 am

Hi Sean, It is a very straight and simple process, Ask her to have TB test and all the relevant documents with her. They just saw my wife's passport then asked for TB test and then she came out to me :)...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi Sean,

It is a very straight and simple process, Ask her to have TB test and all the relevant documents with her. They just saw my wife's passport then asked for TB test and then she came out to me Smile..

Someone said the TB certificate is not a requirement in India. If she has it then make sure she brings it with her. Other than that she should not have any problem. They may ask her the odd question or two, but nothing to worry about

Ramsay

Post by Ramsay » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:03 pm

My fiancee (now wife) came through from Nepal with no TB cert. They did a quick x-ray then, if the lungs have any scarring, give a letter with contact details for the department of hospital most local to you.

My Mrs had TB in her late teens so we had to get tests done, got a letter confirming no active tb from the consultant (for FLRm) then got a letter 3 months later saying all clear again.