ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fatguyslim

Spouse Visa help

Post by fatguyslim » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:46 pm

Hey everyone, I would appreciate if you can help me with my spouse visa application. I became a British Citizen in Jan 2020 and I am originally from India. My parents still live in India and I have been staying with them since April 2021. In Feb 2022, I got married and my wife and I have been living together at my parents home since then. In April 2022, I deposited £65k in my current account in the UK to qualify my wife for this spouse visa. So far I understand that my wife has to complete a lever A1 in English which I believe is IELTS life skills A1 test. Second is the financial requirement which I can show in my bank account in the UK.

I believe that the home office also requires me to show proof that we are living together but apart from our Aadhaar Card I am not sure what I can show them to prove this. We don't have any joint accounts and I make all the purchases for everything from my savings account here in India. Can someone please let me know what documents I would need to show for a successful application when I apply for family visa this October? And goes without saying any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa help

Post by manci » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:08 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:46 pm
In April 2022, I deposited £65k in my current account in the UK to qualify my wife for this spouse visa
Remember that you must have held the cash savings for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application but it doesn't have to be in a UK account, it can be anywhere provided the financial institution is regulated in the country concerned.
fatguyslim wrote:
I understand that my wife has to complete a lever A1 in English which I believe is IELTS life skills A1 test.
Correct - an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the HO
fatguyslim wrote:
I believe that the home office also requires me to show proof that we are living together
Your marriage certificate should suffice but it wouldn't do any harm to upload a few wedding photos.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:00 am

Remember that you must have held the cash savings for at least 6 months prior to the date of the application but it doesn't have to be in a UK account, it can be anywhere provided the financial institution is regulated in the country concerned.
Thanks Manci, I am aware of this rule which is why I deposited the funds in my account back in April 2022. I will be applying for my visa in October 2022.
Correct - an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages with a provider approved by the HO
I believe IELTS Life Skills A1 test will be enough for this?
Your marriage certificate should suffice but it wouldn't do any harm to upload a few wedding photos.
I have plenty of photos from my wedding and also my marraige certificate. I cannot show anything else though, given that all the utilities and bills have my dad's name on it. Are you sure this should be enough?

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:56 pm

Hello everyone, I am currently going through my wife's family visa application and I came across this question
Does (my full name) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?
I have marked no on this question because I work as self-employed and I am showing my cash savings as proof of funds. I have £65k in my bank account that has been sitting there for last 6 months. The source of funds is my own savings so wonder if this affects the applciation outcome in any way? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as always. Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:31 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:56 pm
Hello everyone, I am currently going through my wife's family visa application and I came across this question
Does (my full name) have a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return?
I have marked no on this question because I work as self-employed and I am showing my cash savings as proof of funds. I have £65k in my bank account that has been sitting there for last 6 months. The source of funds is my own savings so wonder if this affects the applciation outcome in any way? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as always. Thank you
Sue you have filled in correct details? You are using cash saving and not that you are returning to UK with spouse.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:23 pm

Sue you have filled in correct details? You are using cash saving and not that you are returning to UK with spouse.
I am not currently in the UK, I have been staying at my parents place with my wife since we got married. My wife and I will both be travelling to the UK together. I am using £65k in my UK bank account as cash savings to meet the income requirement. I just want to know what I should put for the following question
I am self-employed. So not sure what I need to show in this case?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:35 am

The question does not apply to you as you are not using the employment route which requires a job offer so click NO.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:33 pm

Got it. Thank you

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:52 am

Got another question guys. Can someone please let me know when is the application considered as submitted? Is it considered submitted when we pay online or when we submit our documents at the appointment centre?

My 6 months for cash savings end on 11th October so should I submit the application online and pay after the 11th or should I pay for it now and book an appointment date after 11th October?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:04 am

Date of application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Thank you, CR001

fatguyslim

Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:28 am

Hey everyone, I was about to complete the family visa application for my wife and was asked to pay Rs 177600.43 surcharge for 2.5 years and Rs 145913.00 for the application fee. I have no idea why the surcharge is so high? One can use even the worst exchange rate out there but you won't get to that number. Can someone please let me know if I am missing anything the Online application shows £624 per year and if I am not wrong the visa is for 2.5 years right?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:05 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:28 am
Online application shows £624 per year and if I am not wrong the visa is for 2.5 years right?
It's £1872.

2 years 9 months visa. Part 6 months is rounded up. £624 x 3
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay