ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometrics appointment letter not received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moorish
Newly Registered
Morocco

biometrics appointment letter not received

Post by moorish » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:55 am

Hello everyone,

I applied for naturalisation on 7 Apr 2022 from Tier 2 ILR and was only able to send the supporting documents on the 12th May 2022 (26 working days).

Ever since I sent the documents, I haven't got any update nor received a biometrics appointment letter?

Is there anyone I should contact to enquire about this? Or is this a normal delay?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: biometrics appointment letter not received

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 am

Why didnt you apply inline as you were supose to?

The paper form is only for specific cases.

Biontric letter can take a few months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moorish
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by moorish » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:53 pm

I in fact applied online for naturalisation and was asked to send scanned copies of the required documents. I only sent scanned copies of the documents.

Does that also mean that I have to wait for few months?

TIA
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:18 am
Why didnt you apply inline as you were supose to?

The paper form is only for specific cases.

Biontric letter can take a few months.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:09 pm

The online process would have directed you to book a biometric appointment at UKCVAS or to use the IDV app. Uploading documents is done before the appointment or as part if the IDV process. You don't get a biometric appointment letter in the post.

Where exactly did you send the documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

moorish
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by moorish » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:58 am

After I filled in the application form online and made the payment, this is the message I got:

"What to do next
Application for naturalisation as a British citizen
Send in your checklist and documents
If you do not send your documents within 30 working days your application may be rejected. We will contact you regarding your biometric enrolment once your documents have been received.

If you are posting documents, you can find the address and list of documents you need to send on the checklist."

On the documents checklist, it says the following:

it What happens next
You have chosen the standard service. Send your documents to us within 30 working days and we will make a
decision within 6 months. We will contact you regarding your biometric enrolment once your documents have
been received.
Send this checklist and your documents to:
Department 4
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 9PP
United Kingdom

Not sure what the next action is tbh?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:02 pm

Can you post the link of the form you completed online?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

moorish
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by moorish » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:32 pm

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:45 am

moorish wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:58 am
After I filled in the application form online and made the payment, this is the message I got:

"What to do next
If you do not send your documents within 30 working days your application may be rejected. We will contact you regarding your biometric enrolment once your documents have been received.

If you are posting documents, you can find the address and list of documents you need to send on the checklist."

it What happens next
You have chosen the standard service. Send your documents to us within 30 working days and we will make a
decision within 6 months. We will contact you regarding your biometric enrolment once your documents have
been received.
Department 4
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 9PP
United Kingdom

Did you get that on screen or in an email?
There is A LOT of legacy instructions in the application form that is no longer relevant, and a lot you can disregard. If you applied online you should have received an email from: noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk, with subject "UK visa application: payment confirmation - what to do next [Your name]"
Did you receive this?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:45 am

moorish wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:58 am

"What to do next

it What happens next
been received.
Department 4
UKVI
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
Merseyside
L3 9PP
United Kingdom
Did you get the above on screen or in an email?

There is A LOT of legacy instructions in the application form that is no longer relevant, and a lot you can disregard. If you applied online you should have received an email from: noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk, with subject "UK visa application: payment confirmation - what to do next [Your name]"

Did you receive this?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

moorish
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by moorish » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:15 pm

This is the email I got from noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
----------------------
noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

UK visa application: payment confirmation - what to do next [xxx]

UK Visas & Immigration
Payment successful
Date: 7 Apr 2022
Name: xxx
Visa: Apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen
Fee paid: 1330.00 GBP
Reference: UKVI_2NAxxxxxxx

This email confirms the amount paid and the application's reference number. We cannot provide an invoice, but this email provides confirmation that we have received your payment.

What you need to do next
You must send your document checklist and supporting documents to the address on the checklist.

Sign in to your application to print your checklist.

You must provide your fingerprints and a photo of your face. You will receive a letter explaining how and where to do this.

Change your application
Your application details cannot be changed. If you need to change any of your information, you must submit a new application.

Take a short survey to help us improve the service

UK Visas and Immigration

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:12 pm

moorish wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:15 pm
What you need to do next
You must send your document checklist and supporting documents to the address on the checklist.

Sign in to your application to print your checklist.

You must provide your fingerprints and a photo of your face. You will receive a letter explaining how and where to do this.
Not sure what to say. In my version of the email, it said instead:

What you need to do next
If you have not already done so, you must return to your application(link to login) to book and attend an appointment with our commercial partner to provide your documents and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints and facial photograph).

If you want to, you can also download a copy of your application form and document checklist.

Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.

So for me, and as far as I know, most applications here, no physical documents need to be sent, you are supposed to login and upload them digitally, not send them by post. And you never receive an invitation for biometrics by post either. It's all via email/though the site.

If someone else has received the alternative version, then please share your experience.

moorish
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by moorish » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:07 pm

is there a contact I should try ? ukvi number is completely useless.