ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surrendering indian passport - what if i have UK address in passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dolphin21
India

Living in London - is it possible to submit documents for surrendering indian passport in Edinburgh

Post by dolphin21 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:51 am

I live in London and need to surrender Indian passport but there are no appointments available in the near future in London. Can one take appointment for surrender of Indian passport in Edinburgh?

In this case, does one have to choose Edinburgh when registering online at Passport Seva?

Thanks

dolphin21
India

surrendering indian passport - what if i have UK address in passport

Post by dolphin21 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:09 am

The application form for surrender of Indian passport requires details of permanent address. But I only have my UK address shown in my passport. Any suggestions since the Indian address details are mandatory.

thanks

vinny

Re: surrendering indian passport - what if i have UK address in passport

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:30 am

The surrender application form asks for
Present Residential Address details (where applicant presently resides)
Not details of permanent address.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: surrendering indian passport - what if i have UK address in passport

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:36 am

High Commission of India London, United Kingdom
Please visit https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/in ... n-passport for latest information on the surrender of Indian passport
How to apply for Surrender of Indian Passport?
The Surrender of Indian Passport service has been outsourced to VFS global services, for details visit link https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/NEW_ ... sport.html You can also call their helpline at 02037938629/02037884666
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dolphin21
India

Living in London - can one choose Edinburgh VFS for surrendering passport?

Post by dolphin21 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:44 am

live in London and need to surrender Indian passport but there are no appointments available in the near future in London. Can one take appointment for surrender of Indian passport in Edinburgh? It is not entirely clear from VFS/HCI websites.

In this case, does one have to choose Edinburgh when registering online at Passport Seva?