ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Accomondation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raka
Newly Registered

A1 Language test question

Post by Raka » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:33 am

Hi, I have applied for spouse visa on Gov website for my wife from Morocco, she hasn't done the test yet and it's book for September.

We realised that the requirements says she must have sat the test 2 years prior to application - does this mean the application will be refused and we would need to re-apply? :(

She hasn't done the biometrics yet, we're just at the very early stage.

Find an approved test
For your results to be accepted, your test must:

be on the list of approved English language tests
have been sat at an approved test location
have been awarded in the two years before the date of your application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A1 Language test question

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 am

We realised that the requirements says she must have sat the test 2 years prior to application
That is not what it says. The tests are valid for 2 years so must have been sat WITHIN the last two years.
- does this mean the application will be refused and we would need to re-apply? :(
She should have done the test BEFORE submitting the online application. How did she answer the English test question in the form if she hasn't sat the test yet? The date of application is the date of online submission, not the biometric appointment date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raka
Newly Registered

Post by Raka » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 am
We realised that the requirements says she must have sat the test 2 years prior to application
That is not what it says. The tests are valid for 2 years so must have been sat WITHIN the last two years.
- does this mean the application will be refused and we would need to re-apply? :(
She should have done the test BEFORE submitting the online application. How did she answer the English test question in the form if she hasn't sat the test yet? The date of application is the date of online submission, not the biometric appointment date.
Thank you for your reply :)

In the form these were our response, and I wonder if this means we would need to re-submit the form after she's done the test? :(

Have you passed an approved English language - No
Are you exempt from the English language - No
requirement?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:25 am

Raka wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:54 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 am
Thank you for your reply :)

In the form these were our response, and I wonder if this means we would need to re-submit the form after she's done the test? :(

Have you passed an approved English language - No
Are you exempt from the English language - No
requirement?
The English language test is a requirement and application will most likely fail or you will be asked by CW to produce it making it a longer process.

Raka
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Accomondation

Post by Raka » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:03 am

Hi,

We are applying for a spouse Visa for my Moroccan wife, we have no children so it will be just me and her in a 2 bedroom end terrace house. The mortgage is on my name so do we just submit the Title Register that has my name on it, but it doesn't mention the number of rooms? Not sure if this is going to cause any issues?

I checked some of the forums here regarding accommodation requirements and there are some conflicting info that some say you need a house inspection to prove there is no overcrowding and some say the pictures of the house/bedrooms would suffice so I'm confused.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa - Accomondation

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:19 am

Raka wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:03 am
Hi,

We are applying for a spouse Visa for my Moroccan wife, we have no children so it will be just me and her in a 2 bedroom end terrace house. The mortgage is on my name so do we just submit the Title Register that has my name on it, but it doesn't mention the number of rooms? Not sure if this is going to cause any issues?

I checked some of the forums here regarding accommodation requirements and there are some conflicting info that some say you need a house inspection to prove there is no overcrowding and some say the pictures of the house/bedrooms would suffice so I'm confused.
You can submit the Title register and back it up with your mortgage statements. Like you rightly said, it's just 2 of you. So even if it was one room apartment, it would be just fine.

You don't need any inspections from anyone. No pictures of your apartment either.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!