ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa Dependant Maintenance and Processing Time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amkay

Skilled Worker Visa Dependant Maintenance and Processing Time

Post by amkay » Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Hi all,

I had a change of employment application which was successful and I received my BRP. Now I want to apply for the dependant visa for my wife, do I need to get a letter from my employer to confirm they support the maintenance for my wife?
Also, I heard when the dependant apply after the main applicant(not at the same time), the visa process will become much longer than usual; is that correct?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Skilled Worker Visa Dependant Maintenance and Processing Time

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:02 pm

amkay wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:05 pm
Hi all,

I had a change of employment application which was successful and I received my BRP. Now I want to apply for the dependant visa for my wife, do I need to get a letter from my employer to confirm they support the maintenance for my wife? No
Also, I heard when the dependant apply after the main applicant(not at the same time), the visa process will become much longer than usual; is that correct? There is no truth to it.

San_J
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled Worker Visa Dependant Maintenance and Processing Time

Post by San_J » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:15 am

Hi,

I am not sure about this - but if you are in UK, then your wife's application will come into spouse visa category - like joining the husband in UK - that has around 24 weeks (6 months) of timeline as of now..
Keep checking gov.uk for updates on those...
So you will have to apply from different page in gov.uk where it is spouse visa.
Otherwise, if you are not in UK, then its like both of you are still applying to UKVI, then I guess it will be dependent/wife visa. Please check what exact category you (your spouse) need, and then choose that one
to apply.
Thanks,